• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Insider Article by Kevin Pelton

ThomasCredle

Any body with Insider want to throw up the Pelton article apparently he gives our move today high marks and it is a rare day when the 4 letter says a damn thing good about the Hawks?

2 hours ago, CJB said:

1. Agreed to sign guard Malcolm Delaney to a two-year contract

An interesting function of the rising NBA salary cap is it shouldn't be matched by any across-the-board increase of salaries in Europe, making it easier for NBA teams to bring quality veterans across the pond. Delaney qualifies as one of the better players in Euroleague in recent seasons.

Based on my Euroleague translations, Delaney projects as an average or slightly better backup point guard. He doesn't figure to be great in any particular area in the NBA, but he shoots the 3 well enough to space the floor and is a capable ballhandler. And while contract terms haven't yet been reported, given that the Hawks have only about $3 million in cap space, Delaney's likely to come much cheaper than the $6-7 million backup point guards like D.J. Augustin and Ish Smith have gotten so far this summer. So this should be good value for Atlanta.

Considering how well Heurtas from Brazil played in the NBA as a backup, I have solid hopes for Delaney. 

4 hours ago, CJB said:

Based on my Euroleague translations, Delaney projects as an average or slightly better backup point guard.

It's always funny to me how US reporters don't know shit about Euro basketball. Last two years Delaney was best Euro pg . He is better shooter then any NBA pg and better playmaker then at least 2/3 players here. And he is in his prime now. Only question for me is how he will translate his game from Euro to NBA. Can he be new Dragić or underachieve like Navarro.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SerbianHawk said:

He is better shooter then any NBA pg and better playmaker then at least 2/3 players here.

Thanks for the heads up on his play and I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you do realize that Steph Curry plays in the NBA right? And Damian Lillard? And Westbrook?