• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are Hawks better next year?

KD88

Honestly speaking I find the starting five more balanced and the bench weaker than what we would need to be able to compete. I am assuming Prince starts and we will depend on him to see if we can compete.

Guys that would be huge upgrade for us over our current players: Jack or Felton, Gerald Green and Jordan Hill. I could cut Lamar Patterson, Shefolosha, Scott, Muscala or Splitter for them.

Schröder/Jack/Delaney

Baze/Korver/THJ

Prince/Green/Bembry

Milaap/Humph

Howard/Hill/Tavares

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AnnieMay said:

Lol,I just had to look at your post again,don't know who that is,lol.I had a glass of wine.so my eyes are kind of blurry.

Cheers! Makes the Squawk that much more interesting.

2 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Honestly speaking I find the starting five more balanced and the bench weaker than what we would need to be able to compete. I am assuming Prince starts and we will depend on him to see if we can compete.

Guys that would be huge upgrade for us over our current players: Jack or Felton, Gerald Green and Jordan Hill. I could cut Lamar Patterson, Shefolosha, Scott, Muscala or Splitter for them.

Schröder/Jack/Delaney

Baze/Korver/THJ

Prince/Green/Bembry

Milaap/Humph

Howard/Hill/Tavares

Would be willing to lose Lamar for someone like Jack. Would lose Scott for Humph in a blink of an eye. Problem being it will be tough enough to sign one of the two and both requires some serious maneuvering  from our FO. 

10 minutes ago, AnnieMay said:

Lol,I just had to look at your post again,don't know who that is,lol.I had a glass of wine.so my eyes are kind of blurry.

A Star Wars prequels character, "General Grievous".  I just have always thought that who ever he plays for should call him "General" as his nickname.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Watchman said:

A Star Wars prequels character, "General Grievous".  I just have always thought that who ever he plays for should call him "General" as his nickname.

Lol ok you got me.My eyes were playing tricks on me.

2 hours ago, AnnieMay said:

Lol,you choose a foodaholic over alcoholic.Cant argue with that logic.Not really a fan of Felton's game,and I certainly don't like the way he looks,lol,but oh well can't have your cake and eat it too.

Oh, Felton finna have that cake and eat it too.

recent German interview with Nowitzki where he says he thinks Schröder can develop into an All-Star PG. I agree with Dirk that if Dennis starts hitting that 3 point shot over 40%, he'll be an All-Star very soon after that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

All that food hasnt hurt is heart though. I watched all Dallas games last years and he always showed up. For better or worse...had some great games though.

I don't doubt that,he is and always have been a great competitor.Just not a fan of his weight or playmaking skills.I would not be against us signing him for cheap,though.

hace 15 horas, Thomas dijo:

Would be willing to lose Lamar for someone like Jack. Would lose Scott for Humph in a blink of an eye. Problem being it will be tough enough to sign one of the two and both requires some serious maneuvering  from our FO. 

If you fist guarantee signing J Hill for 4 Million and then trade Splitter and Thabo you will have cap space for all,  I think all can be signed cheap

To be honest I would be surprised at another major change like that. Part of the reason being that Splitter knows our system so well even though we have had a terrible time keeping him healthy to this point. Finding a trade partner willing to take on that injury risk could be difficult. Dwight is already a new comer to the system and that will be quite the adjustment in itself. The other thing to me is Thabo is really important for us as shown when he shut down J.R. Smith after he had been torching us in the playoffs. Believe he will be good for Prince as well. The FO has shown a lot more courage than I expected going after Dwight so maybe I'm way off and they might work on a trade. I'd be happy if they could somehow get Humph back here myself.

What's the fascination with Hill? He's by far worse than Splitter, by far.

9 hours ago, gurpilo said:

If you fist guarantee signing J Hill for 4 Million and then trade Splitter and Thabo you will have cap space for all,  I think all can be signed cheap

9 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Agreed, I think we are done making moves although we shouldn't be, important holes at SF, PF and C...

Baze, Thabo, and Prince at SF, no hole there.

Dwight, Splitter, Tavares at C, with Muscala able to fill in as well, so no hole there either. In fact, we've got one of the best backup centers in the NBA already. Of course, he needs to stay healthy. And we already have our young developmental project in Edy.

I do agree that PF is a potential weakness, primarily because we don't know Scott's legal future. Scott and Muscala aren't great depth there either, but at least they are experienced in our system. I would definitely trade Scott for Humphries though, but that might not be financially feasible.

The biggest hole you didn't even mention, at backup PG. Delaney may turn out to be a stud backup PG, and I hope he does; but at this point he's simply unproven and still has to learn our systems and players.

PF and PG are the potential biggest weaknesses.

On 7/5/2016 at 0:58 PM, TheFuzz said:

I think we're worse mostly from the loss of Teague. I think Teague was a good bit better than Dennis, so we downgraded at starting PG and lost depth.

Horford and Howard is a wash, but I like Howard's upside more than Horf's. Plus we've got better balance. We need Korver/Bazemore/Thabo/Prince to hit shots.

I was going to agree with the Teague Schröder comment but I think you will realize why Dwight Howard was considered a 1st tier star vs Horford being 2nd tier. Howard when on his game is dominant hands down & not many especially not Horford can compete with him strength wise/athleticism/defense.  Definitely not when Dwight is playing at a high level. If anything that balances the difference between Teague & Schröder but also enhances Schröder when he now has more of a pnr lobbing presence in the hole. Schröder is a great lobber/passer he just hasn't had too many easy & willing targets. He was compared to Rondo when he 1st came into the the league for a reason. Even Rondo now at his sublevel was still the top assist man in the league last year. It is definitely going to be alot more exciting next year since we added alot more athletes. 

On 7/6/2016 at 4:48 PM, gurpilo said:

Schröder/Jack/Delaney

Baze/Korver/THJ

Prince/Green/Bembry

Milaap/Humph

Howard/Hill/Tavares

I like this alot but it would keep Scott over Hill. Scott is an underrated offensive player & rebounder & he's worked hard to step up his defense. Mark my words if he can keep his head on straight he will be one of the success stories chosen in the 2nd round. I wouldn't sleep on Malcom Delaney either and Thabo ' s defense credits him atleast one more year with us. Remember the year he dealt with police brutality & how servery he was missed. If I was Bud I'd keep him inside the 3 point line though. His mid range is decent.

hace 10 horas, RandomFan dijo:

What's the fascination with Hill? He's by far worse than Splitter, by far.

Baze, Thabo, and Prince at SF, no hole there.

Dwight, Splitter, Tavares at C, with Muscala able to fill in as well, so no hole there either. In fact, we've got one of the best backup centers in the NBA already. Of course, he needs to stay healthy. And we already have our young developmental project in Edy.

I do agree that PF is a potential weakness, primarily because we don't know Scott's legal future. Scott and Muscala aren't great depth there either, but at least they are experienced in our system. I would definitely trade Scott for Humphries though, but that might not be financially feasible.

The biggest hole you didn't even mention, at backup PG. Delaney may turn out to be a stud backup PG, and I hope he does; but at this point he's simply unproven and still has to learn our systems and players.

PF and PG are the potential biggest weaknesses.

Baze a SG not a SF, Prince a rookie, Thabo...  Not a fan, limited offensively and defensively against bigger SF that is more than half of the league.

Hill is younger and has better per minute stats on rebounding and about the same on the rest, more physical than Tiago has done a good job at Indiana, my feeling is that would be cheaper than Tiago and Tiago cannot be healthy, no brainer for me. When Tiago has done a 20/10 game?

Scott and Muscala would be 3rd options on any other team, Humph is twice the player as are other options like Bass, Thompson and Hickson.

Not worried about PG, Delaney is a good player, better value at PG than Scott and Muscala at PF 

I hate the idea that Bazemore playing the 3 again for a full season is a good one. I know I know, in Bud's system the 2 and 3 is interchangeable, but it's a lame excuse to allow him to start his buddy Kyle Korver again which would be a horrible idea with Al Horford not on the team. Al Horford covered up Kyle Korver like a glove on defense.

I'd much rather start Sefolosha instead of Korver if Bud's allergy to rookies continue and I don't like this idea either. Bud needs to swallow his pride and PLAY the rookies this year. It could lead to even more regression than I'm thinking, but who knows? The idea of allowing some of the younger players to get more playing time than they usually do under Bud could lead to a surprising season like Portland last season (like northcyde has talked about in another thread).