• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best Defensive Starting Lineup

RedDawg#8

20 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

I wish Hardaway could be counted on to come off the bench at SF if that was the starting lineup.

I really feel like Tim is going to be the first sg off the bench. Idk if that makes korver a backup sf or starter. I see prince as the backup 3 tho.

Just now, skimaskway23 said:

I really feel like Tim is going to be the first sg off the bench. Idk if that makes korver a backup sf or starter. I see prince as the backup 3 tho.

Yeah, probably. Korver's spacing in the starting lineup is valuable. 

It'd definitely be great if Bud plays Prince.

• Like 1

Based solely on my defensive starting lineup projection I see the depth chart as such:

Dennis, Delaney, Patterson

Bazemore, THJ, Bembry

Thabo, Korver, Prince

Millsap, Scott, Muscala

Howard, Splitter, Tavares

Some of you are getting hung up on the idea that we cant score, or more specifically that we need Kyles spacing to score. I think the Cavs have debunked that theory, and again they are the standard bearers in the East.  The Cavs face guarded Kyle Korver and it still didn't open up any shots for our guys. As long as Kyle is on the court we become fixated on finding him open shots and it limits what else we can do offensively. Kyle played an entire playoff  game and didn't attempt a single shot and it didn't make us a better offensive team. We need to drop this theory and recognize that 2013 and 2014 is over. We cant depend on Kyle to get OPEN let alone make 50% of his shots anymore. Its not realistic, it was fun while it lasted but all those people complaining about us bringing in a 30 year old center need to let go of this notion that a 37 year old shooter needs to be a starter for us anymore. Teague is gone, DeMarre is gone, Al is gone. Kyles days are numbered, The Hawks of recent past are no more, we have to build a new identity based on our strengths and right now elite defense is a strength and can get even better now. And moreso than in any sport GREAT DEFENSE LEADS TO EASY OFFENSE. We were a great defensive team and were excellent in transition offense. We lead the league in open 3 point attempts but were only average in makes. Defense should be our focus and let the threes come as they please. Kyle is valuable, he can get better looks off the bench playing under 20 mins a game againt younger inexperienced defenders, and there aren't many back up SFs that he CANT defend, I think the Hawks are the only team in todays league where Kyle Korver starting or not is even a debate, He was old when we traded for him, he only started because we had nobody off the bench better. Times have changed. Its  new era. We commited to Bazemore. He is a SG. Paul Peirce, Joe Johnson, and others have all gone from SGs to SFs and even small PFs as they have aged. Kyle cannot keep up with the guards in this league. He is now a 3 and a back up at that.

Whats more interesting is that we have 2 rookies caught in a logjam of vets on the wings. I can see us start moving  at least 1 vet from the equation so that Prince and Bembry can be more involved in the rotation. otherwise they are back of the pack. Kyle or Thabo will be moved. Yal know where my vote lies.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, GameTime said:

If Thabo can just work on that 3 pt shot of his (shot 34% last year). Get that 3PFG% to 37-39% and this is the perfect defensive lineup.

For Thabo or Korver, all they would have to be able to do is nail an open shot.