• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nimbers

hazer

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Did you miss the presser or the pics of him holding up #8?

You forget who you were talking to? @Sothron just stopped using schmoke signals a few months ago.  It's a wonder he even knew we signed Dwight. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Jdawgflow said:

The word "Trinity" is not in the Bible but there are a great many verses referencing the members of the Godhead or "Trinity".  Just a quick sample:

• All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name [singular] of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit [Matthew 28:19].
  • May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all [2 Corinthians 13:14].
  • Luke 3:22

“And the Holy Spirit descended upon Him [Jesus] in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, “You are My [the Father’s] beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased.”

So I would retort that the number 3 as in the Trinity is indeed "holy" Biblically as it describes the Godhead of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Probably not the place for a Biblical discussion, but I used to think the Trinity was a Biblical concept.  It isn't.  It is anachronistically read back into the text.  I have personally investigated every proof text and looked into the history.  (Trinitarian belief did not become popular until after Tbeodosius made it law in the 4th century.)

Trinity is a post biblical concept that has become a long standing tradition.  The Bible never sets forth the number 3 as a holy number.  Eight is not a holy number per se.  Numbers themselves aren't homy but they stand for something symbolically.  Eight is significant.

@kg01 can attest to eight being significant in multiple ways from his time in county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

@kg01 can attest to eight being significant in multiple ways from his time in county.

Lmmfao....omg I literally just spilled water from my mouth. Ahhhhhh good times.

18 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Sorry don't get the reference.  Haven't been in/out of the pokey like you (double-boom).

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Dimesadozen said:

Probably not the place for a Biblical discussion, but I used to think the Trinity was a Biblical concept.  It isn't.  It is anachronistically read back into the text.  I have personally investigated every proof text and looked into the history.  (Trinitarian belief did not become popular until after Tbeodosius made it law in the 4th century.)

I agree that this is not the right place for this topic and will agree to disagree on the idea of the Trinity.   So is Howard going to make the All-Star team?

7 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

I agree that this is not the right place for this topic and will agree to disagree on the idea of the Trinity.   So is Howard going to make the All-Star team?

I think Howard will make a resurgence.  He could very well be an All Star.  I hope so.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Dimesadozen said:

I think Howard will make a resurgence.  He could very well be an All Star.  I hope so.

I am also hopeful and honestly expecting Howard to make the All star team.  I am also optimistic that he will be All NBA again this season.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dnice said:

In full gear...

CnVzRB4WgAAQDEL.jpg

LOL..I'm so used to #8 being a guard for us that well frankly...HE JUST LOOKS LIKE A BIG MAFCKN GUARD...

20 minutes ago, frosgrim said:

Hmm.  No more arm sleeves? Those sleeves were a big trademark of his.  Truly a new D8

I don't think players wear them for their official pictures.

I've been thiiiiiis close to pulling the trigger on a Red Dwight jersey but I just can't get over how ugly that damn #8 is. Maybe it would be okay on a little guy but that font is hideous and it looks even worse on that super torso. 

11 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

I've been thiiiiiis close to pulling the trigger on a Red Dwight jersey but I just can't get over how ugly that damn #8 is. Maybe it would be okay on a little guy but that font is hideous and it looks even worse on that super torso. 

Here's what you do...Come wit me and get swole at the gym like a meathead then purchase a black road Dwight jersey...then ride around ur bike (not motorcycle) in ur neighborhood on a hot summer day wit da jersey on and a Klondike bar in ur hand like a pimp. Thank me later.

• Premium Member

When our esteemed Hawksquawk CEO can manage it, I'd be one to vote for one of these new Dwight poses in the banner. Frankly, the one that's there has never really looked like the guy to me... plus that goiter hanging from his neck kinda creeps me out... ;)