• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nimbers

hazer

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Dimesadozen said:

I'd argue that 3 isnt holy Biblically.  There are a lot of numbers that are significant in different ways.   Eight has already been pointed out as a number meaning "new."

3 is the number of the Trinity so...yeah. That's a holy number if you are a Christian. I've never heard of 8 as a holy number.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

3 is the number of the Trinity so...yeah. That's a holy number if you are a Christian. I've never heard of 8 as a holy number.

Trinity is a post biblical concept that has become a long standing tradition.  The Bible never sets forth the number 3 as a holy number.  Eight is not a holy number per se.  Numbers themselves aren't homy but they stand for something symbolically.  Eight is significant.

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Dimesadozen said:

Trinity is a post biblical concept that has become a long standing tradition.  The Bible never sets forth the number 3 as a holy number.  Eight is not a holy number per se.  Numbers themselves aren't homy but they stand for something symbolically.  Eight is significant.

I'm an Orthodox Christian. The church including the Catholic church has holy numbers. 3 and 7 are the only two I am aware of. The Trinity is a post Biblical concept but not everything about being a Christian is in the Bible. The Trinity is one of them.

• Moderators

I'm no theist myself, but I had a New Birth-ian co-worker who ALWAYS brought up "8" wherever he sees it. "And you know what 8 means, don't you?..." (we pretend not to know, for the 5,001st time) "...New Beginnings!" Of course, he had a meaning for every single-digit above zero that ran across his desk, too. "1, that's single-minded purpose!" or something like that.

~lw3

9 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Here y'all go. Google is my co-pilot. With apologies to my intactivist friends everywhere...

http://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/8.html

~lw3

Aaaand, once again, ol' punk-asz lethal owes me a keyboard.  This one has drank spit all over it as I took a swig just as I read the bolded.  Man das skrong.

Did your New Birth-ian co-worker know the nimber da Bishop had to pay them lil' dudes? (too far?  yeah probably.  self-ban)

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

Aaaand, once again, ol' punk-asz lethal owes me a keyboard.  This one has drank spit all over it as I took a swig just as I read the bolded.  Man das skrong.

Did your New Birth-ian co-worker know the nimber da Bishop had to pay them lil' dudes? (too far?  yeah probably.  self-ban)

All I know for sure is it began with the number 1, and ended some time later with a bunch of zeroes... "and you know what that means!"

~lw3

17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And there goes my keyboard...

13012888_1166499703374877_3179389152724849686_n.jpg

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Did anyone notice that we might have a new "0" on the roster... moreover in the backcourt...? (Forgive if this already came up earlier.... haven't reviewed the entire thread.)

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Dimesadozen said:

I'd argue that 3 isnt holy Biblically.  There are a lot of numbers that are significant in different ways.   Eight has already been pointed out as a number meaning "new."

The word "Trinity" is not in the Bible but there are a great many verses referencing the members of the Godhead or "Trinity".  Just a quick sample:

• All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name [singular] of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit [Matthew 28:19].
  • May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all [2 Corinthians 13:14].
  • Luke 3:22

“And the Holy Spirit descended upon Him [Jesus] in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, “You are My [the Father’s] beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased.”

So I would retort that the number 3 as in the Trinity is indeed "holy" Biblically as it describes the Godhead of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Edited by Jdawgflow
  • Like 2