• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

As is... We're very good.

Diesel

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Very good now?  You betcha!

Splitter had surgery to correct his problem and he should be fine behind our new center, old what's his name.

Korver should be 100% recovered so he can complete his off season regiment and be ready to go.

Junior has recovered, has had the off season to get all this "Bud Ball" in his head.

Blaze should be better, more mature and ready to prove that he's worth his new contract.

Prince and Bembry, two young studs, will be chomping at the bits to prove that they belong.  They do!

We already have three (count em, three) point guards on our roster, or will have by opening day.

Dennis the Menance will be backed up by Patterson and DeLaney.  Potentially, a lethal combination.

Millsap, if he's not traded, will give us that mature, veteran to see us over the rough spots.

One final thought:

When "The King" comes roaring inside, running over our poor center, hoping, as always, for the blocking

foul, will that call be automatic or will he, just occasionally, be called for the charge?  We await the answer

to that timeless question.  What do you think ??

Just to be clear, I wasn't impressed with Patterson last night in summer league. He looked foot slow. In the last 5 minutes of the game, he attempted to take the opposing big off the dribble (which is butter for any jet PG in the league), the big matched him stride for stride and swatted the weak layup off the backboard...just like practice.  I'm thinking Patterson is just too hesitant/foot slow for PG.

• Moderators
I like Vasquez the best on that list. Most like jack but he's coming off a major injury because of that I'm not too high on him

Major injury = cheap. We're not needing a starting PG, just a quality backup. And he gets injured, then next man up, Mr. Delaney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Premium Member

I keep seeing"trade Scott and Splitter"...but you guys do realize that they are our back up PF and C, right? ( at a very cheap price might I add) Unless you trade Scott and bring back Humphries. If anything sign Hinrich to seal the deal.

• Like 4

I think a potential factor that a lot of people are not discussing is Tim Hardway Jr.    Both Demarre and Baze made huge improvements in their second year in Buds system.   If history repeats itself he could be a big weapon of the bench this year.    

I know it's summer league and only one game but Bembry looked great last night and he could be our starting 3 with great length by the playoffs.   Prince may be ready to contribute by then too.   I think SF may be more of a strength for us next year than some people do.   Thabo is also a great defender with Sap and Howard they will be tough.

i think Dennis will play a bit different next year too.  His role this past year was to bring energy and offense to the second unit.   As the starter he may play a more traditional point guard role.   His numbers were close to Teagues last year and he is 22 he will continue to improve.  

Howard seems motivated and buying in and I think his offensive game will improve dramatically not playing with ball hog Kobe and super ball hog Harden.   You got to feed the big men to keep them motivated and active he will get touches and I see some Sportcenter highlight passes for monster jams in his future.

a true veteran point is all I think we need.   Delaney looks like a great fit but we need some experience at the position to mentor the young players.

splitter is a great passing big and a solid reserve so I'm not keen on trading him.

i am fine with dumping Mike "Rolls" Scott and retaining Hump he brings more interior toughness and rebounding.  Scott hangs outside to much.   

Finally withoit Al and Teague as leaders this team is gonna be a lot feistier and intense and I'm looking forward to the toughness and aggression.

i can't wait for opening day because I think the Hawks are gonna shock some people and shut the mouths of a bunch of press "experts"

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Thomas said:

Seems like depending on how long it takes to gel we could be anywhere from 3rd to 6th. Be incredibly happy if we were 2nd but thinking our early season is going to be quite up ad down. About trading Teague though I understand people worry about not getting equal value but he was going to be traded when he was or by the Feb. deadline and if not he could possibly walk away with no return for us at the end of the year. Sound familiar? We did get our future SF out of it though. Think we're going to be pretty good by the All-Star break. 

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone comparing this trade to the George Hill/ Kawhi Leonard trade a few years back. Coach Bud again had a SF in mind and he traded a good PG while he still had value and before losing him for nothing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Steve Blake, Mario Chalmers, Greivis Vasquez, Aaron Brooks, Jarrett Jack... All suitable vet PG's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being someone who lives in Anchorage, I'd like Mario Chalmers of that group. He also plays solid D and can knock down the open 3. We don't need too much more than that in our system.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, warcore said:

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone comparing this trade to the George Hill/ Kawhi Leonard trade a few years back. Coach Bud again had a SF in mind and he traded a good PG while he still had value and before losing him for nothing.

Hope Prince works out anywhere remotely close to how well Kawhi has worked out. Even if not we gained a position player we need and didn't end up pissed about nothing in return like this offseason . 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, warcore said:

Being someone who lives in Anchorage, I'd like Mario Chalmers of that group. He also plays solid D and can knock down the open 3. We don't need too much more than that in our system.

My word if you live in Anchorage I'm guessing you watch a ton of roundball anywhere indoors in the winter.

16 minutes ago, warcore said:

Oh, it's been mentioned. The last time George Hill was involved in a trade it turned out to be Kawhi Leonard. Also the last time the Hawks traded for a draft pick from the Jazz turned put to be Nique - good vibes all around.

Well obviously the "talent evaluators" on our Hawks saw something in Prince that I can't figure out.   As far as our draft picks - my hope is that Prince is at least quick enough to play in the NBA and that Bembry is our "Diamond in the Rough".

Truly...I wouldn't expect any impact from either of them next year.

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1

What do you see?  13 of first 4 plays....he's creating for himself.  Play 5, the create step before the dunk is really, really hard to do....that play right there is what you want to see....that kind of body control/athleticism.

• Like 3

Maybe the best thing about the pick from my perspective is that so many NBA draft picks are based off "potential". The say, "if he grows into his frame" or "if he works on his post up game"...etc. Prince has an NBA body...right now. He has NBA body control...right now (6-7", 7ft wingspan, 220lbs). For players with athleticism, control of your body is one of the hardest things to manage....lots of fouls, lots of turnovers related to trying to do too much.  Prince not only can jump out of the building, he can play within himself.  He can already shoot the 3 and with Hawks U, I see a better shooter down the road. He isn't Jordan, but he is a projected NBA starter. He is a hair smaller than Marvin out of college, but far more athletic, in control and far more passionate about his craft.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, thecampster said:

What do you see?  13 of first 4 plays....he's creating for himself.  Play 5, the create step before the dunk is really, really hard to do....that play right there is what you want to see....that kind of body control/athleticism.

This man is going to become a fan favorite quickly. Mr. Skywalker Smack talker is our SF of the future. I know some are thinking DMC 2.0 , but I'm thinking better. The man can shoot , create his own shot and is very athletic. Can't wait to see him in Summer league.     

1 hour ago, DJlaysitup said:

Well obviously the "talent evaluators" on our Hawks saw something in Prince that I can't figure out.   As far as our draft picks - my hope is that Prince is at least quick enough to play in the NBA and that Bembry is our "Diamond in the Rough".

Truly...I wouldn't expect any impact from either of them next year.

I know draft express nor any media outlet is a end all be all but most feel Prince is NBA ready to contribute some right out of the gate:

SCOUTS LOVE: Prince should be about as ready to contribute immediately as any player projected to go outside of the lottery. He’s got every physical tool needed to be a solid defender from day one with the potential to become much more than that. No glaring weakness offensively, either, with a 3-point shot that stayed near 40 percent throughout his career and solid enough ballhandling ability to make the occasional play off the dribble with room to expand his game.

Thats from this link:

http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/draft-preview-taurean-prince-petr-cornelie

Edited by Buzzard

2 hours ago, DJlaysitup said:

Well T-C...if things go as you just described this will be a totally fun season  :^)

(fingers crossed)

I try to be an optimist and i really do have high hopes for this year.

of course Howard could be a sulking prima Dona and locker room cancer that won't play in the system.   Hardway could be a mason and lay bricks all year.   Dennis could play continually out of control and be a turn over machine.   Both draft picks could be busts.   Baze could get hurt in week 1 with a torn ACL.   Korver could be just washed up and chuck threes at 20%, Sap could sulk about being traded and just go for numbers, and Tiago could be hurt all year again too.

But I have faith that won't happen!

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

You do realize that if Scott isn't able to plead down to a weed charge, he's going to be suspended by the NBA, right?

Even if he doesn't go to jail.

That might be pushed back until after the next season though.