• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Remember when CP3 and Dwight wanted to play together?

GameTime

16 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

If Chris is smart he takes his talents back to New Orleans.... They silently made a solid team over there given that everyone is healthy. 

PG-Paul

SG-Heild

SF-Evans

PF-Davis

C-Asik

pretty good lineup..

You've been going hard at 2K huh? I'm coming back from vaca in a couple days and it's on. Lol

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm of the belief that Dennis and Paul could definitely co-exist.   The same way that Jason Kidd and J.J. Berea co-existed for Dallas. 

That's a bad example.

Dennis has been tabbed our future at PG - Barea is a career back-up.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's a bad example.

Ya, Dennis is a starter now and no way cp's ego will allow him to come off the bench. At least not for another few years. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's a bad example.

Dennis is 23 years old.   IN 4 years, he would only be 27 years old.   We could sign CPaul to a 4 year deal  and in the middle of the contract, still turn over the team to a still young Dennis.  At the end of the contract, a still young 29 year old Dennis.

The real question is .. Do you want to be young or do you want to win a championship?

A few years ago, Boston gave up AL Jefferson to win a championship. 

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Dennis is 23 years old.   IN 4 years, he would only be 27 years old.   We could sign CPaul to a 4 year deal  and in the middle of the contract, still turn over the team to a still young Dennis.  At the end of the contract, a still young 29 year old Dennis.

The real question is .. Do you want to be young or do you want to win a championship?

Why would Dennis sign his extension next offseason when he's a RFA if we going to bring Paul in.  He'll just sign his QO and become a full free agent the next season and bolt.  He wants to start and Bud has given him the nod - try taking that away he's gone.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Dennis already established that he wants to be the starter, hence the Teague trade.  He's not going to be thrilled to take a back seat yet again, so we couldn't count on him staying around here.  CP is on his way downhill, and I think Dennis will catch and pass him within the next couple of years.  I know I have critiqued Dennis for making bone-headed plays, but still I recognize his talent.  I'd much rather have Dennis playing for us than CP.  To me, CP has been declining noticeably over the last two seasons.  That's just me though.

4 hours ago, AHF said:

Just have to point out that the however many years you have to use to say that the only teams that haven't made it into the confereence finals are Paul's teams means you have to include years before Paul was even in the league.  It is a fun but not that meaningful stat.

STFU

Step off, gigantor.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why would Dennis sign his extension next offseason when he's a RFA if we going to bring Paul in.  He'll just sign his QO and become a full free agent the next season and bolt.  He wants to start and Bud has given him the nod - try taking that away he's gone.

Hell, he will do that anyway... it makes no since to not become a UFA in this climate. 

Point is  are you more loyal to Dennis and "the future" than you are to winning a championship NOW???

Let's just talk plain facts...

Agree or disagree?

CP3, Baze, Millsap, DHoward  (all healthy) would give us the best shot at winning a title  than this franchise has ever had??

IF you agree with that... then what's there to argue about?

Sometimes, I think that Hawks fans are more interested in developing players  and holding on to draftees than they are in winning championships. 

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Hell, he will do that anyway... it makes no since to not become a UFA in this climate. 

Point is  are you more loyal to Dennis and "the future" than you are to winning a championship NOW???

Agree or disagree?

CP3, Baze, Millsap, DHoward  (all healthy) would give us the best shot at winning a title  than this franchise has ever had??

Sometimes, I think that Hawks fans are more interested in developing players  and holding on to draftees than they are in winning championships. 

What? Drummond, Beal were RFAs this year - no need for them to become UFA when there team wants to keep them as starters.

He won't become an UFA unless we decide to put him back on the bench.  The cap at $109 next season as a RFA he still can get a max of 25%.

I think you are confusing some issues here.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What? Drummond, Beal were RFAs this year - no need for them to become UFA when there team wants to keep them as starters.

He won't become an UFA unless we decide to put him back on the bench.  The cap at $109 next season as a RFA he still can get a max of 25%.

I think you are confusing some issues here.

Regardless.

My point is this.  

IF CP3 wants to come here to join up with Dwight.  IF Dwight, Baze, and Paul have had good years, we would be fools to say... No CP3.. No thank you.. We got this kid Dennis that we're still trying to develop into a star.

• Like 3

I know this board has an irrational hatred of CP3, but the dude will go down as one of the best PGs ever. Not his fault he had David West as his second best player for a long time and now is on a Clips team horribly run Doc and shallow as all get out.

If we have an opportunity to get Paul we take it and run. He's the complete package at PG, and will be great for the next 5 years or so a la Nash and Kidd.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL .. Yall went from cussing out Dennis last year, to wanting to keep him over a Hall of Famer?

OK.

Not me, I said last season we should have traded Teague and let Schröder start. Could have got more for Teague then, but it is what it is.

So, false narrative shot down.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Agree or disagree?

So cp3, baze, sap, howard is better than the clippers team's of the last 2 years?