• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Remember when CP3 and Dwight wanted to play together?

GameTime

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

So cp3, baze, sap, howard is better than the clippers team's of the last 2 years?    

For 2 reasons...

1.  We're in the East.  An easier road to the finals (for now). 

2.  cp3, wing, wing, Blake, Jordan.  With Doc Rivers coaching.

First off, Bud can outcoach doc.  Second... who are these wings?  Third...  Sap = Better than Blake, Howard = Better than Jordan. 

Doesn't CP3 want to make a super team with Melo/James anyway?

To actually answer the question, this would be a short term move and you have to be 100% FOR SURE this makes the Hawks a finals contender. I'm not. This makes the Hawks a better team but their road to the finals would still go through how they address the wing corps.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Doesn't CP3 want to make a super team with Melo/James anyway?

To actually answer the question, this would be a short term move and you have to be 100% FOR SURE this makes the Hawks a finals contender. I'm not. This makes the Hawks a better team but their road to the finals would still go through how they address the wing corps.

I think that we will see this season.  Moreover,  the amount of pessimism that the Hawks face is huge.. It can't be counted up.  I say that by the time it's all over, we will be a very strong player in the end of all this (healthy).

On 7/14/2016 at 9:26 PM, GameTime said:

Well Dwight is here...... and CP3 a FA next year...

All this hinges on the play of Dennis of course, but it very well is a possibility next year...

I doubt CP3 would consider ATL at this point of his career. It seems like he wants to play with his friends (Melo/LeBron/Wade) before he retires.

Rose will be a FA so NY could be an option. Rondo will be an expiring contract so CHI could be an option for him. Who knows if LeBron won't get tired of Kyrie, so even CLE could be an option.

18 hours ago, Diesel said:

I don't know why people are so quick to dismiss the notion of having both?  If Dennis doesn't step up this year, we can still resign him at a low rate but then bring in CP3 and allow Dennis to learn from him.   Dennis is still young.  At 23, I don't see it being a problem having him split time on a championship team with CP3.  

Just catch this scene...

CP3, Baze, Millsap, and Howard.   First team.

Dennis, Bembry, Scott and Edy ..  Reserves. 

When we talk about having talent like the warriors, we don't pass up a star player... especially if he wants to play here. 

Low rate? A team like Dallas would definitely offer Dennis the max. Dirk connection. They could sell him on being the heir to Dirk. ATL got no choice but to pay him. Therefore, taking CP3 out of the picture.

Yeah, we can go ahead and dispose of the fantasy that Dennis is getting offered anything less than his max as a restricted free agent next season. I just hope he does the opposite of Whorefart and we can convince him to take a little bit less to stick around here - like Howard and Baze did this year, like Millsap did last year, like Korver did 2 years ago, like San Antonio always does.

If we have to match another team's 4 year max offer then fine, but I'd hope we can convince him to take about 90% of his max on a 5 year contract from us and lock him up long term.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

Low rate? A team like Dallas would definitely offer Dennis the max. Dirk connection. They could sell him on being the heir to Dirk. ATL got no choice but to pay him. Therefore, taking CP3 out of the picture.

Here's the thing.  It depends on what kind of year we had and what kind of year he had and what kind of year CP3 has.  I'm sorry if it comes down to a good Dennis vs. a good CP3, I'm taking CP3 and letting Dallas have Dennis.  We can find yet another PG but we can't find a legendary PG.  The reason you see Chris Paul in those commercials selling insurance is because he's bound for the Hall of Fame.  IF he wants to come to Atlanta, I am not going to be up for turning him down a 2nd time.   IF Dennis leaves, then so be it.. we can find another PG to groom. 

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

What you want to give him a 4 year max contract? Man this dude is close to being done and his defense is already gone.

Well, it depends on what he looks like this year. 

I honestly think if this team is 100% healthy going into the playoffs we can push anyone to to their max. We just became a much more physical rebounding team; and that is what the playoffs are all about. The Spurs and Billups led Pistons teams made a playoff living off Defense, Rebounding, and a bunch of players who average 14 to 18 PPG.

Unless Lebron pulls a Duncan next season and takes a lot less, the Cavaliers cap problems are here to stay; so next off season we will be an attractive, if not the most attractive,  landing spot in the East for another max type player.

• Like 1

Rather have a point guard we don't have to worry about being available for the playoffs year in and year out. Sticking with Dennis and think he will be a high end defensively excelling point for years to come. Great attitude, intensity and toughness. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, macdaddy said:

So cp3, baze, sap, howard is better than the clippers team's of the last 2 years?    

Yes, along with everybody else we got. CP3, Baze, Sap, Howard + Korver, Thabo, Prince > CP3, Griffin, Jordan, Reddick. Plus, as Diesel said, we're in the East and Bud is a better coach than Doc (who is a great coach himself, just a terrible GM).

18 hours ago, Diesel said:

Here's the thing.  It depends on what kind of year we had and what kind of year he had and what kind of year CP3 has.  I'm sorry if it comes down to a good Dennis vs. a good CP3, I'm taking CP3 and letting Dallas have Dennis.  We can find yet another PG but we can't find a legendary PG.  The reason you see Chris Paul in those commercials selling insurance is because he's bound for the Hall of Fame.  IF he wants to come to Atlanta, I am not going to be up for turning him down a 2nd time.   IF Dennis leaves, then so be it.. we can find another PG to groom. 

CP3 turns 32 this season. After seeing his buddies, Melo, LeBron, Wade demand money, I'm sure CP3 would want one last payday. 35 mil a year for CP3 is too much. 

CP3 is nice but he is on the decline. I'd just let him go play in CHI/NY/CLE. 

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, Diesel this is the guy you want to come here into our share the ball system?

"Glen Davis spent his final two years in the NBA with the Los Angeles Clippers and he doesn’t hold great memories of his time playing next to point guard Chris Paul. He talked about it on The Herd with Colin Cowherd and Kristine Leahy. "

Glen Davis' impersonation of Chris Paul = dribble, dribble, dribble....dribble, dribble dribble. :laugh1:

• Like 1

On July 30, 2016 at 4:05 AM, RandomFan said:

Glen Davis' impersonation of Chris Paul = dribble, dribble, dribble....dribble, dribble dribble. :laugh1:

Sounds like Tyronn Lue when he was a Hawk. When he was on the floor he was the only Hawk on the floor who got a chance to take a shot.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Sounds like Tyronn Lue when he was a Hawk. When he was on the floor he was the only Hawk on the floor who got a chance to take a shot.

Unfair and not true.  There was always a chance for a putback if he missed!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 7/30/2016 at 4:05 AM, RandomFan said:

LOL, Diesel this is the guy you want to come here into our share the ball system?

Ok...   No Shade but Is Glen Davis Gay?  He has some Gayness on him... Mannerisms and things.  Jerry Seinfeld voice " Not that there's anything wrong with that..."