• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schröder agrees to 4 years 70 mil extension

BigDog90

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

I don't think he's worth 20+ mil but it wouldn't surprise me if NY pays him that seeing how they overpaid for Noah. 

I think Rose is going to bury his reputation this year and he won't have the scarcity of big men to help him out.  I see him as the next Rondo - taking short ok money.   I doubt his next deal is worth $70M.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hazer said:

That's a good deal. Saves the Hawks a max deal next year, and Shredder sets himself up to get a much higher max deal just as he hits his prime at 27 years old. Offers affordable stability for the Hawks as he develops into an All-Star, Shredder still busts his a$$ for the next 4 years becoming that All-Star and earning that mega payday in his prime. Smart all around.

62m is a great get 4 the Hawks ,hell I thought 70m was good this is even better   NICE JOB BUDCOX. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, pimp said:

15.5 mil per year is not bad , That's about half of what Mike Conley got paid 

Is he getting $70M over 4 year with only $62M guaranteed or only getting $62M over 4?

44 minutes ago, hazer said:

This will very likely look like a great deal in a couple of years. It was either this or match someone else's max offer next year. If Shredder becomes what we think he will, Budcox will look like geniuses...

It will look great  9 months from now , when those other pgs are signing for  20, 25 ,or 30 mil per year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pimp said:

It will look great  9 months from now , when those other pgs are signing for  20, 25 ,or 30 mil per year.

I put the "in a couple of years" caveat in there to make sure Dennis performs up to the contract :airquote:

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Wall is going to go app shit that Dennis is getting more than him and probably jack 30 shots.   

Well said and I'm pretty sure that number of shots will be close. Wall saying the stuff he says just comes off so disrespectful of other players. Whats the point of running his mouth like that. Be happy for Reggie and others because in the end it will be good for him.

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, LikejRod29 said:

Insiders said $62m guaranteed over 4 years. 

Is there an unguaranteed component to the contract?  Both scenarios envision $62M guaranteed but one has $8M unguaranteed and the other has nothing other than the guaranteed base.

29 minutes ago, pimp said:

The NBA is a good place to work (as a PG especially}. 

Sounds like an outstanding deal to my limited knowledge of contracts but I'll wait for @hawksfanatic7 to delve into all details before final approval.  

I always liked Conley but to think that he's getting paid twice as much as Dennis is Trump insane.  And Johnny Wall is gonna throw a social media hissy fit before tip-off I guarantee.

And no gold jokes yet?  This fool gonna get his teeth, bathroom fixtures, condo shutters, and all cars encrusted in 24K.

• Like 1

Jeff struggled a bit to get his eight million with us taking some time matching the Bucks so I wonder how he is feeling right now. I imagine a good bit surprised but just like Wall it will be good for Jeff pretty soon too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I'd be outchea like,

cashmachine.gif?w=640&h=360

~lw3

Hmmm, not my style.    If i had 60 - 70 mil, I wouldn't ride a bike ,and do my own peddling .
I would travel like this, ...with my rose bearers throwing rose pedals at my feet.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, AHF said:

Is there an unguaranteed component to the contract?  Both scenarios envision $62M guaranteed but one has $8M unguaranteed and the other has nothing other than the guaranteed base.

@AHF  It says:

Sources say $62 million of Schröder's new deal is guaranteed -- at a flat annual rate of $15.5 million -- with the remaining $8 million achievable through incentives.

The remaining $8 mill is incentive based. I would love to know what the incentives are.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is a great deal considering some team would come offering a max next offseason.

ECHO, ECHo, ECho, Echo, echooooo...:tongue: