• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schröder agrees to 4 years 70 mil extension

BigDog90

I have a feeling this deal will be a bargain in the future. Reminds me of the James Harden 5 year 80 million dollar extension after the Rockets traded for him. He was a 6th man on a playoff team, but the per 36 showed him to have star potential. Similar to Dennis.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@AHF  It says:

The remaining $8 mill is incentive based. I would love to know what the incentives are.

Incentives are probably all star game or all NBA team or most improved player award...I think lol

2 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

Image result for good lord that's a lot of money meme

Eh, I actually think that's a good deal, for him and the team.

Now when he and Dirk go out for some echtes bayerisches Knochla und Rauchbier he can pick up the tab.

whatever that might be... :biggrin:

• Like 1

When I told a friend about Dennis' possible extension recently, I said he should be able to get $60 - $80 Mil. I hoped for him to get the $80 Mil, but he would have been an idiot gambling on this and not taking the money. With this contract he and his family should have enough money to have a very comfortable life.

Gambling on yourself (and against injuries) and your next big contract is much easier when you already own $50+ mil

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

This is like all the other crazy money contracts, the new CBA makes these numbers not mean what we feel they should as fans. This shows you how much of an investment we have now in Dennis. He has the keys to the car. Let's hope he makes it a BMW and not a bug!

AUDI Soth, AUDI R8!!!! :cool:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pimp said:

Hmmm, not my style.    If i had 60 - 70 mil, I wouldn't ride a bike ,and do my own peddling .
I would travel like this, ...with my rose bearers throwing rose pedals at my feet.

giphy.gif

He was referring to the $70k :approved:

17 minutes ago, Ekyo said:

seems like you have been in franconia? 

@rd79 he is talking about this https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eisbein i guess.  

Nice. So I learned something about Germany today :biggrin:

I know Eisbein but I have actually never eaten it yet and I'm quite sure this wont change ever!

Edited by rd79

• Premium Member

Count me among those who see this as a better deal for the team than for Dennis, but that does  assume that Dennis' jump shot is going to become adequate if not reliable.

With that, count me among those who see this as a huge plus psychologically because of how it fully hands over the keys to the car to the young guy, giving him the full sense that he has earned the right and the responsibility to run the team on the floor. Yes, when the former driver exited, that was step one. But step one was just step one. This leaves no doubt that Budcox is all-in on this player as their floor leader for the next 5 years.

• Like 2

Here's a thought about how this is a win/win: if handing over the keys to Shredder doesn't reach the heights Budcox hopes, this will be an EXTREMELY tradeable deal in a couple of years when decent PGs will be pulling in $25+mil/yr. If Shredder steps up to the All-Star level he's capable of (17/7), this deal will be a steal.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, rd79 said:

Nice. So I learned something about Germany today :biggrin:

I know Eisbein but I have actually never eaten it yet and I'm quite sure this wont change ever!

Well, I love some Eisbein mit Sauerkraut, Kartoffeln und Würstchen. Das Eisbein itself is probably the tastiest meat I've ever eaten. It may not be beautiful, but it's certainly delicious!

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Good deal and like many have already mentioned, Hawks probably got him for a little lower than he would have commanded once the season was over. Just hope he keeps improving.

Agreed.  We already placed our bet on him.  Might as well double down.  If he flops we are screwed either way.  If he blossoms then we reap the benefits with a lower cap figure next offseason.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I am happy for Dennis, but the guy is not a finished product. He turns the ball over, and his shooting isn't that great. 

Of course he isn't. He just turned 23. No one on this board has ever said he was a finished product. 

When Dennis streamlines some of the down the court passes he is really going to explode on the radar. Even ESPN will be forced to take notice. He is young and can reign in a lot of those turnovers. Thinking Bud will make sure of that. Fun as heck to watch him though isn't he? 

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I am happy for Dennis, but the guy is not a finished product. He turns the ball over, and his shooting isn't that great. 

Agreed...this  is a pretty serious gamble in my opinion....and not altogether necessary.   If it works out - GREAT!!

I just hope it turns out that way.

11 minutes ago, DJlaysitup said:

Agreed...this  is a pretty serious gamble in my opinion....and not altogether necessary.   If it works out - GREAT!!

I just hope it turns out that way.

I just do not see a guy that is steady enough to be an elite guard. I do not know why Bud thinks his bad habits will magically correct themselves with more money and more responsibility. Most of the time, you are what you are, and that's an aggressive athletic point guard that can really get to the cup, and gives good effort on defense, but turns the ball over a lot, runs hot and cold with his shooting, and has a questionable BBIQ.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1