• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone else feel like Baze being out is like addition by subtraction at this point?

f_town

was watching the game...didnt know Baze was out

i kept waiting for the offense to implode when Baze comes in, but it never happened

meanwhile, Timmuh started to show some stuff by the end of the game...especially that big 3

Korver is also looking alot more lively from the bench and is even starting to play a little defense again

not sure Baze should definitely be benched, but its certainly worth considering IMHO

Go Hawks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, f_town said:

well he was offered more by other teams, they are laughable too i guess?

GO Hawks!

Yes they are.... why does it matter what everyone else did? I guess if everyone jumped off a bridge we should too right?

Look, Baze offered nothing premium except for personality. I know we value chemistry and locker room guys but that shouldn't be more valuable than talent. Both rookies we drafted have the ability to replicate and replace  Bazemore's contributions. So far we are wasting money by paying and playing him and not playing the rooks

3 hours ago, f_town said:

was watching the game...didnt know Baze was out

i kept waiting for the offense to implode when Baze comes in, but it never happened

meanwhile, Timmuh started to show some stuff by the end of the game...especially that big 3

Korver is also looking alot more lively from the bench and is even starting to play a little defense again

not sure Baze should definitely be benched, but its certainly worth considering IMHO

Go Hawks!

Nothing wrong with him coming off the bench. He may do better against 2nd string SFs. He already has a size disadvantage going against starters. 

That 17 mil a year won't look so bad once the cap rises even more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Yes they are.... why does it matter what everyone else did? I guess if everyone jumped off a bridge we should too right?

Look, Baze offered nothing premium except for personality. I know we value chemistry and locker room guys but that shouldn't be more valuable than talent. Both rookies we drafted have the ability to replicate and replace  Bazemore's contributions. So far we are wasting money by paying and playing him and not playing the rooks

Maybe he'll play better off the bench and fool a team thinking he can be their starting SG for the next four years on a bargain contract. 

I remember SA signed Jefferson and everybody thought he was a perfect fit, playing over Kawhi too and eventually they moved him to make time for Kawhi. Maybe the same can happen with Baze/Prince.

Well we have placed Kyle in a role he can succeed in at this point so maybe someway, somehow the right one is found for Baze here. Agree that we definitely haven't missed him with his play where its been at but we did improve enough without him on the floor to take two out of three games. 

• Like 4

• Moderators

I think Baze should be coming off the bench too but we should remember he was a lot better last year than he has been so far.   A LOT better.   Now I know that was probably because he was playing with Horford :battingeyelashes:, but i think we will still see a big improvement this year with Baze once he returns to playing to his strengths and stops trying to prove to everyone that he's a cornerstone of the team.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

and stops trying to prove to everyone that he's a cornerstone of the team.

Very good point and that is exactly what it has looked like is going on with him. He's not the drive master he dreams of being. Bud certainly could help by never playing him out of position again as well.

23 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think Baze should be coming off the bench too but we should remember he was a lot better last year than he has been so far.   A LOT better.   Now I know that was probably because he was playing with Horford :battingeyelashes:, but i think we will still see a big improvement this year with Baze once he returns to playing to his strengths and stops trying to prove to everyone that he's a cornerstone of the team.

Why would he EVER think that? sigh.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Because he is paid like one.

+1000 to this. Man this past offseason was insane. I just can't bring myself to co-sign all of the bloated contracts that were given to lower level players. No offense to Baze. I was a little squeamish about giving Schro all of that $$$ when I honestly thought he had a 50/50 shot at being a long term solution at PG. But it's not my money.

5 minutes ago, hawkman said:

+1000 to this. Man this past offseason was insane. I just can't bring myself to co-sign all of the bloated contracts that were given to lower level players. No offense to Baze. I was a little squeamish about giving Schro all of that $$$ when I honestly thought he had a 50/50 shot at being a long term solution at PG. But it's not my money.

Crazy funny monopoly $ being thrown around. And not just in the NBA. I was in Vegas 6 months ago and people walk around just spending money like crazy...it's just amazing.

There is a reason why all this $ is being thrown around.... Take a look at the salary cap rising. I understand that Baze is in a slump, but I am fine with his contract. We weren't going to use the money elsewhere. Additionally, the market dictates what Baze was worth and he actually took less than what the market was offering. Evan Turner got a similar contract. Allen Crabbe got slightly more. An old Luol Deng got more. A freaking washed up Joakim Noah, who never actually plays, got more.....

Hindsight is 20/20, but Baze's contract was completely justifiable based on the market, his performance, the limited supply of wings, and the fact that without him we would be entering the season with two old wings in Thabo and Korver, who can play limited minutes, THJ, who was all over the place in terms of play, and two rookies that no one knew what we would get from them.

• Like 2

F Yeah Oops

Opps sorry, lemme read the rest of the thread and amend my response ...

(Ok kg, here's where you fake like you're thinking about it.)

Trump Faces

... ok, I'm bak with my intelligent analysis ...

Uhhh, Dot Dot Dot, Yes! (Donald Glover)

Sorry but I'm a certified BazeHater which is a shame since he seems like a really good guy.  He's just not a starter in this league for a team expecting to do anything in the playoffs.  Excellent backup though.  Unfortunately that's not what we're paying him like.

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Because he is paid like one.

Paid like one by what metric.

I give you Evan Turner, Allen Crabbe, Luol Deng or any other wing player that got overpaid this summer.  Or DMC that got the  same $15 million the year before.

Context matters.