• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Something we can all agree on... Glad we didn't max out Horford.

Diesel

On 12/21/2016 at 9:51 AM, macdaddy said:

Not sure why the Celtics are miffed at Horford's production.   it's almost exactly what it has been the last 2 years.  I guess they were expecting Brad 'beautiful mind' Stevens to turn him into Tim Duncan.   I will say his assists and blocks are way up.   Best of his career so they should be happy about that.   The scary part is he's taking a lot more threes this year than last but not making them.   

I've only seen a couple Celtics games but they look good with Horford on the floor.   He's a great guy to take a great team to the next level, the problem is the Celtics weren't a great team.   They just thought they were.   

Horford is a good 3rd option but he's not a superstar like media has been hyping him to be. They still need "The Guy". 

He should have went to GS/SA. It's going to be a while until BOS will be a legit contender.

On 12/21/2016 at 5:41 PM, AHF said:

There was no tension between Dwight and Al's contracts.  We could have signed Al to a max after signing Dwight and what we did offer Al was really close to a max.  He just wanted to leave.

Zach Klein of Channel 2 said Al didn't want to play with Dwight but yeah I think Horford has been a goner especially since IT said Horford went out his way to ask IT what's it like playing in BOS during ASW.

• Like 2

This guy lost alot of respect from me.  Thought he would be a grinder right off those Florida teams, but didn't seem like the same guy after hurting both pects.  Before that, I was excited about how he was expanding his range every offseason, but he and the team just felt different after that.  The way he left was the straw that broke the camel's back though.  Good riddance.

• Like 3

I would rather pay Horford than Bazemore. Plus, Horford is a tradeable asset, lots of teams could use a solid versatile big. Bazemore is a bench player period, no one is taking on that insane contract. Bud made a knee-jerk signing after we lost Horford, to make it look like we were retaining our guys. Bad move,  let someone else overpay. Pop would have never done this. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 2

We tried to pay Al. Offered over his existing twenty six plus million to play the PF position for us that he had alluded to for so long that he wanted. Wish we didn't pay Baze what we did but there never was a yes or no choice of keeping one or the other between Al and Baze. It was Al's decision to make and he made it. 

• Like 2

Al is having a good year. His assist numbers are excellent. He's playing great defense too. Were you expecting Russell Westbrook numbers or something? You're glad we didn't sign Horford, but paying a crappy player like K Bazemore 70 million is perfectly fine. Get the F out of here with your biased homeristic garbage. We screwed the pooch big time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Not sure who your referring to but almost all of us wanted Al signed. And right now no one is saying its ok for Baze to make that money or even be here at all. But once again it wasn't Al here or Baze here. Al chose to leave and that was his and not our choice.

Did you read the title of the thread?

25 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Thought you were responding to the post before yours which was mine. Anyway, hope we have started a few wins in a row now no matter how awkwardly. Happy Holidays.

17 hours ago, bleachkit said:

The thread is about not maxing him, not about not signing... Nevertheless even if one liked the idea of maxing him, he may have changed his mind after Al chose green...

• Like 1

On 12/24/2016 at 9:45 AM, bleachkit said:

Al is having a good year. His assist numbers are excellent. He's playing great defense too. Were you expecting Russell Westbrook numbers or something? You're glad we didn't sign Horford, but paying a crappy player like K Bazemore 70 million is perfectly fine. Get the F out of here with your biased homeristic garbage. We screwed the pooch big time.

Diesel is an one star poster. This is his norm.

21 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I like cheap, smart bruisers at the 5.

That worked last game against Denver. Kris had ten and eight in twenty two minutes with plenty of bruises to go around. Not exactly a finesse player.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Celtics fans going in on Al after one of his patented 6 and 1 performances against Thompson.  They're coming up with all types of trade possibilities for Centers.  I love it.

The first thing I did this morning at 4am...roll over and check the box score.  Al "Big Game" Horford...

@JayBirdHawk #verymuchsatisfied #enjoyingthemoment #cementshoes

LOL

• Like 3

4 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Celtics fans going in on Al after one of his patented 6 and 1 performances against Thompson.  They're coming up with all types of trade possibilities for Centers.  I love it.

Can you imagine what Bill Russell, Dave Cowens and Robert Parish must be thinking?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Just read it...  :luv:  

My fav:

Y'all know that when you make reactionary threads like this, fans of LA and Philly and Brooklyn (and Denver, apparently) are watching and giggling to themselves like schoolgirls, right?

However valid the premise may or may not be, we shouldn't give them the satisfaction, just on principle.

Quick! To Heinsohn's lair where we can discuss our disappointment in secret!

• Like 2