• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Billy Knight > Bud

sillent

Atleast Billy Knight had more reasoning & versatility with the lineup's he tried to create. Horford, Smoove, Marvin, Childress and Joe could switch run the floor shoot/defend for the most part rebound and etc. Even Al Harrington & Antoine Walker fit this mold as well as Boris Diaw. Sheldon was a big bust bit regardless the logic was understood and would have done great in this league (excluding Sheldon of course). What is Bud doing in a league where the bigs are resurging  7 footers like Anthony Davis, Karl Anthony Towns, Joel Embid, DeMarcus Cousins, Portizingus and company have emerged to create a new league of bigs. Didn't mention the Goberts, Ibaka's and still serviceable big's and 7 footers that I'm sure you can name off the top of your head. Sure we have one that is still very serviceable but what happens when/if he gets injured? Oh we go 6'8 and under and use our struggling shooters, lack of team ball/ball movement and half court instead of run and gun to save us. Really Bud?? Really??? We squeezed pass OKC but please somebody really tell me what's going on? I've made my mark on multiple occasions about keeping a certain 7 footer that had high potential especially to start bball so late but regardless we still have Khris Humphries, Mike Scott and even Prince can and probably should be used alot more(it's like Prince has lost some confidence from all the inconsistent play) and why did we waive a player for Ryan Kelly if we aren't going to use Ryan Kelly?

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Didn't know Billy Knight coached.

Excuses are smart remarks aren't getting results and neither is Bud's "Coaching" so instead of senselessly defending please give a sensible or reasonable answer to Bud's actions. We were promised a new culture when Bud and company joined this team but I'm starting to see the same old. What is his master plan? JBH?? Trading Kent/ Paul??? Kent is sabotaging his case. Paul has carried us for 3 years running atleast during the regular season. Waiting on Splitter to finish a full half of a season??? I just don't get it but I saw the same stubbornness from Woodson as a coach and a worst philosophy than Billy Knight the GM. Bud is the best/worst of both worlds

If you're going to try to do a middle build, then you may need to get uncomfortable and add more players that don't fit your "system".

Instead of waiting for Splitter to be healthy, Nene could have easily been added, and he's a physical big that can play inside. Now Splitter is this magical unicorn that probably isn't going to play at all this season as far as I'm concerned.

Bazemore should've been allowed to walk, because Sefolosha had outplayed him anyway. Could have let the SF position be a timeshare between Sefolosha and Prince, but no, I'm too scared to play rookies at all.

Could've signed Eric Gordon, and figured out how he fit overall, and he's even an OG that can run an offense.

Signing Delaney was a mistake.

But instead this regime has worked themselves into a huge headache. They likely have no choice but to do a firesale now.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Until Bud screws up top 5 and top 10 picks, I can't agree with you. At 13th, BK took Acie Law. We got Dennis outside of the lottery. I can't agree with you. 

AC was actually the 11th pick but valid point. No way Bud would have taken both Shelly and Duck.

Bud's hands have been tied by FAs looking elsewhere despite the second longest playoff streak going.  No real needle-movers want to come here.  This season is the ugly culmination of that and numerous draft misses.

We all knew this team would struggle.  They're starting Kyle Elliot and Kenneth Lamont Jr for Christ's sake.  Let's hope the trade deadline is more exciting than Olidipo's dunk on Dwight.  Ain't much else  I care to remember about this season.

And I just noticed @MaceCase doesn't have any flag allegiance.  What you some kind of Colin Kapernick Flag Hater, boy?  Git!

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Bud's hands have been tied by FAs looking elsewhere despite the second longest playoff streak going.  No real needle-movers want to come here.  This season is the ugly culmination of that and numerous draft misses.

We all knew this team would struggle.  They're starting Kyle Elliot and Kenneth Lamont Jr for Christ's sake.  Let's hope the trade deadline is more exciting than Olidipo's dunk on Dwight.  Ain't much else  I care to remember about this season.

And I just noticed @MaceCase doesn't have any flag allegiance.  What you some kind of Colin Kapernick Flag Hater, boy?  Git!

I am my own nation, so like address me with respect and such.  I am royalty, prime minister, chancellor, supreme leader Mace.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sillent said:

What is Bud doing in a league where the bigs are resurging  7 footers like Anthony Davis, Karl Anthony Towns, Joel Embid, DeMarcus Cousins, Portizingus and company have emerged to create a new league of bigs.

Yea it's a shame we don't have an all-star, 3rd string backup Center to guard those guys when our other two are injured... If only we would have kept Tavares because he definitely has the finesse and foot speed to keep up with them. Logic is flawless

10 hours ago, sillent said:

Excuses are smart remarks aren't getting results and neither is Bud's "Coaching" so instead of senselessly defending please give a sensible or reasonable answer to Bud's actions. We were promised a new culture when Bud and company joined this team but I'm starting to see the same old. What is his master plan? JBH?? Trading Kent/ Paul??? Kent is sabotaging his case. Paul has carried us for 3 years running atleast during the regular season. Waiting on Splitter to finish a full half of a season??? I just don't get it but I saw the same stubbornness from Woodson as a coach and a worst philosophy than Billy Knight the GM. Bud is the best/worst of both worlds

If you want to criticize Bud's GMing  do that on his own merit. There is enough there. Pitting him against Billy Knight is just being obtuse. Billy Knight's plan to have 6'-8" guys when he needed a PG was a fail, putting Billy and Logic on the same sentence - crazy talk.

This is just another Edy thread because he's a 7 footer. 

Towns, Porzingas, Cousinsk, Edy, Gobert etc - one of these things is not like the other. Those guys are actual NBA players. Edy is still a project.

1 hour ago, MaceCase said:

I am my own nation, so like address me with respect and such.  I am royalty, prime minister, chancellor, supreme leader Mace.

You also take bubble baths and sip cognac in your robe soooo....

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Lurker said:

If you're going to try to do a middle build, then you may need to get uncomfortable and add more players that don't fit your "system".

Instead of waiting for Splitter to be healthy, Nene could have easily been added, and he's a physical big that can play inside. Now Splitter is this magical unicorn that probably isn't going to play at all this season as far as I'm concerned.

Bazemore should've been allowed to walk, because Sefolosha had outplayed him anyway. Could have let the SF position be a timeshare between Sefolosha and Prince, but no, I'm too scared to play rookies at all.

Could've signed Eric Gordon, and figured out how he fit overall, and he's even an OG that can run an offense.

Signing Delaney was a mistake.

But instead this regime has worked themselves into a huge headache. They likely have no choice but to do a firesale now.

Oh no.   We sign Nene i look for another team.   I'd much rather have Humphries on the floor.   Nene's days of being even decent are long gone.     This team with a healthy Dwight and smarter rotations is still a decent team.   We're too hung up on our struggles of late but we're still trying to find team chemistry.   Now if Bud continues to play Korver 30+ minutes and keep Prince and Hump glued to the bench then i'll be pretty pissed.    But our roster is good, we just need to develop the chemistry with the right players. 

Just now, macdaddy said:

Oh no.   We sign Nene i look for another team.   I'd much rather have Humphries on the floor.   Nene's days of being even decent are long gone.     This team with a healthy Dwight and smarter rotations is still a decent team.   We're too hung up on our struggles of late but we're still trying to find team chemistry.   Now if Bud continues to play Korver 30+ minutes and keep Prince and Hump glued to the bench then i'll be pretty pissed.    But our roster is good, we just need to develop the chemistry with the right players. 

Hump will not return to the rotation unless there are several injuries. He was in it earlier and earned his way out of it.

And Prince isn't going to play regularly without injuries. Bud is too shy with playing rookies.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Hump will not return to the rotation unless there are several injuries. He was in it earlier and earned his way out of it.

And Prince isn't going to play regularly without injuries. Bud is too shy with playing rookies.

I didn't see Hump do anything to earn his way out of the lineup.  He's pretty damn effective everytime he hits the floor.   I think Bud is too in love with Moose's 3 point shooting and jumping around.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I didn't see Hump do anything to earn his way out of the lineup.  He's pretty damn effective everytime he hits the floor.   I think Bud is too in love with Moose's 3 point shooting and jumping around.   

He was -11.1 on the +/- ratio when he played and blew a ton of defensive assignments.

He sucks outside of rebounding. The bad thing is, Muscala and Kelly aren't good either. A physical backup big needs to be acquired since Splitter is as good as a unicorn to me.

Edited by Lurker