Report: Paul Millsap on the block? (Merged Threadz)

JTB

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Tim Hardaway Jr and numerous others on our team have been developed. Why is it so hard to understand that. Even a lot of Spurs developed in San Antonio 

Tim Hardaway Jr had a good game yesterday. But to call a shooting guard who's 3pt % went down every single year in his career is nothing I would call developed

1 minute ago, rd79 said:

Tim Hardaway Jr had a good game yesterday. But to call a shooting guard who's 3pt % went down every single year in his career is nothing I would call developed

He has developed in other aspects of his game. Defense, ball movement, hustle, scoring around the basket. He has clearly improved. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't either. He's not as bad as he's been playing and he's not as good as his contract. He's just talented role player. It's not his fault that Al left, he thought Al was coming back. That said, he should go into the off-season seeing that he needs to prepare for more responsibility. Dwight might not save your ass but he can still play. 

He might not be as bad as i said he was, but i just wish he would retire the Baze Gaze.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He has developed in other aspects of his game. Defense, ball movement, hustle, scoring around the basket. He has clearly improved. 

Well I guess every player should improve somehow until the age of...   ...at least 27. I'm not really able to judge his development in the areas you listed, but getting worse on a shooting guard's main skill istn't a good sign to me. Maybe I misinterpret your [developed] as [developed into something you see as a target of development] while you may write about [developed at least a bit in some areas] 

Edited by rd79

29 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

He might not be as bad as i said he was, but i just wish he would retire the Baze Gaze.

Man who you telling.  It would be tired even if he were playing well.  But shooting .364 around here playing jokes and shit?  If I'm Darwin Ham I'm grabbing him by his ears on live TV.

• Like 2

Blazeless is a much better player than he's showing right now.

His shooting may never improve while he's in Atlanta.  Trading

him to the west might be the best thing for both him and the Hawks.

Lately, D8 has been better from the free throw line than Blazeless.

Proud of D8 for his improvement.

I like Millsap and don't like Horford.  Wouldn't it be terrible if they

swapped teams ?  I hope this doesn't happen.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

I think that's a lot better than what they'd really offer. I figured it'd be more like Olynyk (a/k/a Oh-Licky per Nique) and a 2nd rounder in 2022. F Ainge.

It's totally possible but I'm still not going to be surprised if he sticks around and comes up with a halfway tolerable deal. He's given us a break in the past - not a huge break, but notable - and he might do something like that this go 'round. I know that it's his last chance at a big deal, and I wouldn't blame him for getting as much as he can. I still think that he might realize he has a good situation and the teams that might offer him the most in FA might not be so good, and there's nothing worse than being on a crummy team year after year. Especially if this team finally gets it together and the chemistry starts clicking; we've already seen glimpses of what they can do and accomplish. Plus, Bud may foresee a full-on collapse w/o Sap and ownership likely wants to avoid that at all costs, and it's possible we won't get offered anything decent for a him, so Bud may just want to ride it out and hope for the best.  I understand both sides of it and I could see really anything happening. Not trying to pull a Supes with a "this team will win between 30-60 games" thing; I just don't think it's as easy as "We let Al walk and got nothing so we have to move Sap." I think Bud likes him a lot and probably wants him to stay, there's a lot at risk, the chemistry may be slowly gelling which could appeal to Sap, and we may not get offered enough to pull the trigger.  And the reports say that they are "not actively" trying to move him but have agreed to listen to offers, so ... could be anything. Just sayin.

If Millsap keeps his current contract, I would prefer to keep him.  

Olynyk is Moose II.  Compare their stats.  They're separated at birth with different bad hair styles.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trout7 said:

Amazing how the Hawks would pay Bazemore, but not Demarre and now they are not even going to consider paying Millsap. 

4 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

And yeah its hard to see Carrol not being paid that money and now our old warhorse Millsap not considered worthy.

For the millionth time - it wasn't that the Hawks didn't WANT to pay Carroll - they  COULDN'T. All the free agent money went to Millsap.

They weren't saving money on Carrol to give it to Bazemore later. So the comparison between the two does not stand.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

For the millionth time - it wasn't that the Hawks didn't WANT to pay Carroll - they  COULDN'T. All the free agent money went to Millsap.

They weren't saving money on Carrol to give it to Bazemore later. So the comparison between the two does not stand.

You mad? Lol...:-)

On 1/1/2017 at 11:28 PM, NBASupes said:

Okafor would be a backup with Tyus Jones and Muhammad. He needs to develop. What better place to develop than in Atlanta. We can then move Moose to start at the 4. 

This is a trade I cooked up. Add Atlanta 2017 1st rounder going to Denver. 

Denver gets: Kent Bazemore and ATL 1st 2017

Philly gets: Ricky Rubio

Minny gets: Sap and Delaney

Hawks gets: Faried, Okafor, Muhammad and Tyus Jones

Dennis/Tyus
Tim/Kyle/Muhammad/Bembry
Thabo/Prince
Faried/Moose/Scott/Kelly(likely cut in the next week)
Dwight/Okafor/Splitter

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zcfwwbf

Okafor is a starter. I think him and his dad would cause locker room problems if Okafor isn't starting.

I don't see why Denver needs Baze when they got a log jam at SG (Harris, Barton, Murray) and got Gallo and Chandler at SF.

ATL shouldn't be giving up their 1st at all in a Millsap trade.

I don't see why PHI would want Rubio when they got Rodriguez and could draft a PG this summer.

MINN would still have Dieng's big contract.

vor 9 Stunden, JayBirdHawk sagte:

We all get that. Its just hard to see Baze running with Carrol's money is all Im saying. And Im saying its hard to see people so eager to dispose Millsap because they dont want to pay him, cuz you know lots a mulah is caught up in Baze's contract. Its just hard! Almost makes me cry each time I see Baze's stupid face up to something stupid or after something stupid.

14 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

I like Millsap and don't like Horford.  Wouldn't it be terrible if they

swapped teams ?  I hope this doesn't happen.

Usually I like dark comedies but I really rather Boston keep Al and also keep Miss Congeniality Anna's mouth to themselves. Please.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

We all get that. Its just hard to see Baze running with Carrol's money is all Im saying. And Im saying its hard to see people so eager to dispose Millsap because they dont want to pay him, cuz you know lots a mulah is caught up in Baze's contract. Its just hard! Almost makes me cry each time I see Baze's stupid face up to something stupid or after something stupid.

Nobody likes Skip BazeLess' contract.  That doesn't mean we have to ignore the 'why' behind why he's here, DMC isn't and Sap probably shouldn't be/won't be next year.

5 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

There's a BIG difference between $15 million to a 27 year old for 3 years plus an option year vs $30+ million for a 32 year old for 4/5 years.  If you can't see the difference between the two not sure what to tell you.

I would love for Sap to stick around at the right price.

• Premium Member

I want Millsap to stay. But we can't afford another fiasco like Horford. We lost a multiple All Star for nothing in free agency. If Millsap is going to run to another team as a free agent we're better of packaging him now for the best deal we can get.

Losing Horford and Millsap in back to back offseasons and getting nothing back in return would be a damning indictment that this whole BudCox thing is failing on a spectacular level.