• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tim Hardaway Jr on the block?

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

@JayBirdHawk

With the protection on the pick, do we have the opportunity to pass on the pick if it is a high 20 pick in 2019?

I like it a LOT better if we can choose to pass on the 2019 at our sole discretion.

I'm not sure who has the option on the year.  I would think the Hawks do, similar to the Joe Johnson pick swap.

• Moderators
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not sure who has the option on the year.  I would think the Hawks do, similar to the Joe Johnson pick swap.

Thanks.

To everyone - report it out if you hear it.

To me, if the Hawks hold the option this is good value and I'm all on board with the value of the pick.  If we don't have the option (or if god forbid Cleveland does), then I don't like feeding the Cavs a good player for what I fully expect to be a marginal pick.

I just can't buy this rumor.   I felt like THjr had earned more playing time this year.   I thought the Korver trade would open up minutes for him.   If we dump him for a (usually) worthless 2nd round pick I will not be happy.   Unless Bud thinks both our picks are ready to play big minutes who the heck comes off our bench to play SG.   At some point we have to trade for an actual "player" unless we see if the NBA will let us play 4 on 5 because we have a "player to be drafted later" check in to play on the wing.

God help us if we dump THjr for a second and SAP for trash and a first Dwight will totally check out and we will be back in the Isiah Rider era of fan disgust!!!! 

The only way this makes sense is if the Hawks are looking at taking a good young shooting guard back in a Millsap trade. Such as the rumored package for Denver. In that scenario I could see them looking at moving THjr in order to make room for the new addition. But even then I HIGHLY doubt we would be only looking for 2nd round draft picks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Thanks.

To everyone - report it out if you hear it.

To me, if the Hawks hold the option this is good value and I'm all on board with the value of the pick.  If we don't have the option (or if god forbid Cleveland does), then I don't like feeding the Cavs a good player for what I fully expect to be a marginal pick.

The Hawks have the options per reading over at Peachtreehoops.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

The Hawks have the options per reading over at Peachtreehoops.

There must be a lot of squawkers on peachtree...some people on there make comments similar to some squawkers and pass them off as their own ...it's adorable I love these lil minions lol

There must be a lot of squawkers on peachtree...some people on there make comments similar to some squawkers and pass them off as their own ...it's adorable I love these lil minions lol

The Hawks don't have enough fans to independently populate various communities online so of course there is a lot of crossover. Hell we probably have the 5 busiest fans in all of pro sports!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

The Hawks don't have enough fans to independently populate various communities online so of course there is a lot of crossover. Hell we probably have the 5 busiest fans in all of pro sports!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lurk the AtlantaHawks subreddit.  It's good for commic relief.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, RandomFan said:

The only way this makes sense is if the Hawks are looking at taking a good young shooting guard back in a Millsap trade. Such as the rumored package for Denver. In that scenario I could see them looking at moving THjr in order to make room for the new addition. But even then I HIGHLY doubt we would be only looking for 2nd round draft picks. 

Butler? ;-) Sap for baby But ...ler..

REALGM has our worst fanbase. Jay is elite their but she's elite here.

Thecoli has the most fun base. Very passionate.

HS has the most diverse base and it's the largest base. 

Reddit has a decent base, I don't post there and never will.

17 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He's going to command 12+ this off-season. Might as well get value for him now

Value isn't in the form of multiple sedond round picks.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The different between Hardaway Jr and Millsap is we want to resign Sap. We don't want to resign Hardaway Jr 

Milsap isn't coming back.  He's done with this franchise especially after the Korver trade.  He cashed in with his last contract.  My guess is he takes on a discounted deal on a tea where he can actually compete for a ring.  Not as cheap as David West, but along those lines.  

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The different between Hardaway Jr and Millsap is we want to resign Sap. We don't want to resign Hardaway Jr 

Really? because I've been seeing a lot  of Hawks moving Millsap cuz they don't wanna pay him.