• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So are we keeping Mo Williams?

GameTime

Mo  Williams has been out all year.  He  had surgery without  the Cavs consent then refused  a buy out.

"Nobody and I repeat nobody actually gave a damn about my health but me," Williams wrote as a caption on his Instagram post showing him in a hospital gown with an IV hooked up to his right arm.

Both the Cavaliers' team physician, Dr. Richard Parker, and another doctor consulted for a second opinion concluded that Williams' knee did not require surgery, a league source told ESPN. Williams sought a third opinion on his own, which led to Wednesday's procedure, said the source

Think he's too hurt and too old to even be our new Speedy Claxton burden to bear. As said earlier he had surgery without consent and was not happy about it. This article below states he has plans to retire.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17780235/mo-williams-surgery-seems-rip-cleveland-cavaliers-instagram-post  

17 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

No clue. At this point it's about time to break out that Michael Jackson eating popcorn gif because it seems like something crazy is about to go down so I wouldn't get too comfortable with anybody on the roster.

I agree...

12806054_1053064314744478_9161014968202450657_n.jpg

• Like 1

Mo would rather retire than play for the Hawks?  There is zero reason to make a trade involving Mo Williams.  This front office is a disaster.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hazer said:

Use your heads. Mo and Dun won't be Hawks for long, if at all.

Imagine we are desperately trying to find a sucker for Dunleavey right now but don't know who the heck would bite. 

42 minutes ago, andpau said:

Mo    -   2,2 M.

Dun   -  5 M.

Both are not going to play any game with Atlanta..

Hope they find someone to pay them..Or am I missing something?

Then why take on their salaries?  I am not well versed in NBA trades, but does it follow the idea in the NFL that trade for the contract and the player comes with?  

vor 26 Minuten, Alex sagte:

Then why take on their salaries?  I am not well versed in NBA trades, but does it follow the idea in the NFL that trade for the contract and the player comes with?  

My fault. Just realised that they have 1y contracts too. 

47 minutes ago, Alex said:

1 hour ago, andpau said:

Mo    -   2,2 M.

Dun   -  5 M.

Both are not going to play any game with Atlanta..

Hope they find someone to pay them..Or am I missing something?

They didn't have the cap space to include Kover's 5.5 mi, so we took on some of their cap space.  I believe Bud is looking at the 2019 or 2020 picks when LJ is 37 and won't win anymore championships.  Stacking up picks so that we can be competitive after LJ retires is a smart thing.

Mo Williams = trade filler for the deadline (as we need to add future salary) or an expiring after the season ends. Assuming Millsap opts out, this gives the Hawks 42 million going into the off-season with this current roster.

Schröder/Delaney

Bazemore/Hardaway/Bembry

Prince/Dunleavy

None

Howard

+42 million in cap space

and 10 draft picks in the next 3 years.

2017 - 1 -1st round pick / 2 - 2nd round picks

2018 - 2 -1st round picks / 1 - 2nd round pick

2019 - 2 - 1st round picks / 2 - 2nd round picks

So if I had to guess, we are going to package the future Minny/Cav picks for a 10-20 pick in the upcoming 2017 draft. That would give us 2 1st round picks this coming draft (3 picks total) to fill 3 of the missing 7 spots. One solid contract to fill the PF slot and we're golden.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Salaries have to come close to matching since both teams are over the cap.

1 hour ago, LamarHampton said:

Think we will stretch Mo's contract? That possible?

that would be next to no impact over the next three years or however long we can stretch it out over.

This is Mo's last year no need to  stretch, Hawks received cash from Cleveland to cover the remainder of  his contract.

Dunleavy  can be stretched if they  wanted to.

Per coach Bud

“Between injuries and the end of his career, I wouldn’t expect Mo to be a part of us going forward,” Budenholzer said.