• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tradez-Vous Francais, S'il Vous Plait?

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2017/1/10/14232600/alexis-ajinca-seeks-nba-trade-new-orleans-pelicans-omer-asik-small-ball-improvement

Before the Pelicans faced the Knicks inside Madison Square Garden Monday night, Alexis Ajinca publicly voiced his frustrations about his current situation to a French publication, à L’Equipe. To sum it up, the 4-year player for New Orleans no longer believes he has a future with the team and would prefer to be included in a trade to continue his career elsewhere.

Ajinca and the team’s other traditional center, Omer Asik, have been removed from Alvin Gentry’s current rotation and neither has appeared in a game since before Christmas. Ajinca started ten straight games in December, but he failed to leave the bench in the very next matchup against the Dallas Mavericks. His DNP-CD (did not play — coach’s decision) streak has now reached seven games.

(BasketUSA article, Google translation of l'Equipe, via SB Nation's The Bird Writes)

"It's very frustrating because I want to play, bring something to the team," he says. "I worked a lot and got back into shape early in the season. It was noted by the coaches and the general manager. And then it came overnight ... At first, I was told it was stories of match-ups and then afterwards, I was a little forgotten. After that, when I play, it's for five minutes and it's hard to do a lot of things."

Now out of the rotation of the Pelicans, the 28-year-old pivot no longer deludes himself on his future in Louisiana. Still under contract until 2019, he knows well that his future must take shape elsewhere ...

"The solution, it would be a trade, after if the club wants to make a buyout, we will see what they ask but normally it would be an exchange.

I always wonder why/how foreign players (Bogut in Australia being a recent example) get away with airing their frustrations with their teams via their home countries' media.

~lw3

7 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2017/1/10/14232600/alexis-ajinca-seeks-nba-trade-new-orleans-pelicans-omer-asik-small-ball-improvement

(BasketUSA article, Google translation of l'Equipe, via SB Nation's The Bird Writes)

I always wonder why/how foreign players (Bogut in Australia being a recent example) get away with airing their frustrations with their teams via their home countries' media.

~lw3

That's a good question...hmm. I wonder if it's because they feel ...

i got nothin...I was gonna come up with something glorious but I'm waiving the white towel..

• Moderators
Just now, Spud2Nique said:

That's a good question...hmm. I wonder if it's because they feel ...

i got nothin...I was gonna come up with something glorious but I'm waiving the white towel..

There goes Spud with the French jokes!

~lw3

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Similar to how you find love in the tiniest of holes! Referring of course to donut holes and not suggesting anything salacious emoji48.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha what theeeeeeeeeeeeee...

IMG_7700.JPG