• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pelicans at Hawks (6 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

A tough 5 game west coast road trip coming up.  Without healthy bodies an already tough trip will only be tougher.

Screenshot_20240310_202034_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yup then we have 5 straight at home but part of those 5 is the Celts twice and the Bucks once. Ugh 😑.. any way to speed up health? 🤦‍♀️ 

IMG_3647.jpeg

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I missed the game and after seeing the score and this comment have very little desire to go back and view this thing. Ugh.

My guy, Jones had Murray in a hurt locker.  He was stickin to that dude like wet tube socks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Just now, kg01 said:

My guy, Jones had Murray in a hurt locker.  He was stickin to that dude like wet tube socks.

I can imagine. That dude’s physique was born to defend in the NBA. The length, the IQ, the effort, desire, etc. 

How the heck did he slip in the draft? @kg01 I remember you were on him from the git go. Nice call. He’s a throwback from the 80’s and he slipped right into the laps of the Pelicans because believe me this had nothing to do with their scouting department 😆 pure luck for the Pels here imo. It wasn’t like the Spurs with Manu 25 years ago.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

The offense is beyond pitiful without Trae and JJ.  Our 2 best playmakers being sidelined is quite painful.  The defense was bad, but not sure how it wouldn't be when OO/Kobe/JJ are out and Hunter is on minutes restriction.  No conclusions or discourse around Trae are particularly impactful right now, positive or negative, with the number of injuries we have.  This is just a G league team trying to remain competitive.

• Like 2

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

The offense is beyond pitiful without Trae and JJ.  Our 2 best playmakers being sidelined is quite painful.  The defense was bad, but not sure how it wouldn't be when OO/Kobe/JJ are out and Hunter is on minutes restriction.  No conclusions or discourse around Trae are particularly impactful right now, positive or negative, with the number of injuries we have.  This is just a G league team trying to remain competitive.

Agree (although I don't think the Hunter bit means much considering he played over 35 minutes which would be a career high average by a large margin over his regular 30 mpg).  

All the key players we want to see developing are hurt.  The engine of our offense is hurt.

The only things really meaningful about how we respond are:  (1) seeing how Quin deals with a depleted roster; (2) individual play/development from people like Bruno; and (3) our playoff position / draft slot.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I can imagine. That dude’s physique was born to defend in the NBA. The length, the IQ, the effort, desire, etc. 

Hunter like Herb has the physique we dream about to play defense, but just does have the foot speed and lightness, lateral quickness, and most importantly no 'wiggle in his hips.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

and this one for @warcore you’re welcome ☺️ heeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyy 👋 

image.gif.f17f6460e5da9f9a9414c4c25ceb94a5.gif

Ok Spud this is a little suspicious. It's like you were there Friday night??? 🤔

thank you, though. I do like those moves. Think I'll add it to the arsenal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, kg01 said:

I watched a little bit of our first game against the PELs.   Jones was on Trae but couldn't lock him up.   It was an early season game but our offense looked totally different.   JJ was balling.  I think if we played them healthy, it would have been a different outcome.. because this was a game where Trae wasn't even up to his game from the three point line.  Remember he had the slow start. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, warcore said:

It's like you were there Friday night??? 🤔

No I wasn’t I was in front of my computer waiting for the evite to the club. :huh:

What the!!! I just saw the Vit Magic Johnson pass. What the!!! 😂 I really like that dude.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/11/2024 at 10:15 AM, Spud2nique said:

Oh hey, since you’ve been stalking me lately (checking my old receipts 🧾 on JJ and whatnot) might wanna check them on my draft pick desires of Trey Murph! Spell his damn name right too, he ain’t no Sheldon. Camp 🏕️, you come into the MurphIII party late and with a take like, “good looking player”… that’s been in the works for a minute there lil budder. You receive no credit for this! :mail1: 

I bow to your greatness! May all of your basketball fantasies come true.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1