Official Game Thread: Pelicans at Hawks (6 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Hawks have a tough stretch after Portland and the Jazz coming up. They need to get those games against Portland and the Jazz or things can get ugly pretty quick. They need to go at least 2-3 during this West coast road trip.

• Like 2

Just now, hawkman said:

Hawks have a tough stretch after Portland and the Jazz coming up. They need to get those games against Portland and the Jazz or things can get ugly pretty quick. They need to go at least 2-3 during this West coast road trip.

Hawks aren't really in position to be 8th but likely in position to be around 9th to 12th.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Hawks aren't really in position to be 8th but likely in position to be around 9th to 12th.

I think they're pretty much locked into the 10th spot or below. Hopefully they avoid the, "or below". 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

We can't even call up some GLeague help in AJ (knee) and Lundy (back) - both injured.

Maybe Mo returns for the west coast trip?

Can we release Wes and sign a big?

I wanted us to get this guy, but alas...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Bally sports blocking me from the Hawks and showing Memphis 🥴

Game was not on Bally.  Peachtree, their usual Friday night  network, carried this game.

:smug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHY ARE WE SUPRISED??

Pelicans are 100% healthy.  They are huge.  (Hawks desperately needs size.)  We entered game with five players on the injured report, then added Bey while the game was in progress.  This is a good Hawk team that is out, injured.

Ice cold shooting from the remainder of the Hawks to open the game.  Yet, with all this going on, we remained within striking distance for the entire game.  I'm happy with the fight that we put up.

Skyhawks may find it necessary to end their season early as the home team NBA Hawks desperately need all their key players.  Near the end of last night's game, knowing that there was no hope, Quin looked around, time to empty the bench.  Problem.  There was no one left to send.  They were already in the game!

GO SKYHAWKS!  COME ON UP!!

:smug:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I feel for Bey.  That looked painful (definitely been there with my ankles).  Fingers crossed that it is a minor injury.

That's also an injury that could cost Bey tens of millions of dollars, if it is more than a knee hyperextension.

Hopefully there is no structural damage and he'll be OK in 2 - 3 weeks.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, kg01 said:

Bawb hit em with some spanish?

:Bob:  You aint know I was try-lingual, kg? 

🎵 AVER AVER … A MOVER LA COLITA 💃 :frantics::Bob:

ohhhhhhh shiiiiiii diddy hittem witta dottem doh 😖 

We aint mad Bob do yo thang feller! 🥳 

15 hours ago, thecampster said:

Trey Murphey III is a good looking player.

Oh hey, since you’ve been stalking me lately (checking my old receipts 🧾 on JJ and whatnot) might wanna check them on my draft pick desires of Trey Murph! Spell his damn name right too, he ain’t no Sheldon. Camp 🏕️, you come into the MurphIII party late and with a take like, “good looking player”… that’s been in the works for a minute there lil budder. You receive no credit for this! :mail1: 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, kg01 said:

Jones on Murray like a great Dane on a poodle.

I missed the game and after seeing the score and this comment have very little desire to go back and view this thing. Ugh.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1