• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pelicans at Hawks

lethalweapon3

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You know how the NBA is. You start benching Trae, you will get fired. This isn't college sports 

I feel like a coach can get a pass for pulling him a couple minutes earlier than his normal rotation if it’s a one off. He was sleepwalking through the 1st quarter. 

• Like 2

Just now, h4wkfan said:

I feel like a coach can get a pass for pulling him a couple minutes earlier than his normal rotation if it’s a one off. He was sleepwalking through the 1st quarter. 

I didn't see the turnovers, but I'm assuming he was trying to force passes to other people, in an effort to get them going.

I am always against Trae trying to get everyone else going, before he gets himself going.  We need him scoring the ball, so I want him shooting the ball to prevent those types of forced turnovers.

5 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

Trae should have sat this one out if he's not 100%. .. I feel strongly that if he wasn't in the lineup the team would be more efficient and cohesive on both ends of the floor... it's not about the Highlights for me it's the F***ing Fundamentals!!!!

-21 with 6 turnovers isnt gonna cut it.. With that defense of his...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

Lucky to be down only 10.. Thanks Gallo... I might want you back next season after all..Hes a better fit than JC is offensively imo...But Ive always said we need an upgrade at PF.. JC/Capela/Bogi/Huerter/picks should bring us an upgrade at SG and BIG right? lol

Edited by terrell

8 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Weak ass screen Capela.  Never heard of Herb Jones in my life but I like him.  That boy active 

We’d be screwed without 2K Gallo right now 

Jones is the kind of player we need..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I didn't see the turnovers, but I'm assuming he was trying to force passes to other people, in an effort to get them going.

I am always against Trae trying to get everyone else going, before he gets himself going.  We need him scoring the ball, so I want him shooting the ball to prevent those types of forced turnovers.

So you mean to tell me our star pg cant get his teammates involved and going without turning the ball over like crazy? Is that what youre saying?

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Just tuning in. Can someone summarize the 1st half for me???

Herb Jones (+13) and some dude named Alvarado (+12) pressed Trae pretty well (-21).  The Pelicans had his passing patterns down and also jumped a few lanes for ill-timed live ball turnovers.  Valencunas did his usual bully thing, Gallo singlehandedly carrying our offense, so there you have it, down 10.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, benhillboy said:

Herb Jones (+13) and some dude named Alvarado (+12) pressed Trae pretty well (-21).  The Pelicans had his passing patterns down and also jumped a few lanes for ill-timed live ball turnovers.  Valencunas did his usual bully thing, Gallo singlehandedly carrying our offense, so there you have it, down 10.

Well damn. I just looked at the stats and Trae has 6 TOs and the Hawks gave up 60 pts in the 1st half

SMH

5 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

"Had his passing patterns down"

Not that hard to learn what we do on offense in film session..

Edited by terrell