• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So long Scotty

HawkItus

2 hours ago, ISOJOE said:

Were you in the gym with those guys? 

I don't have to be in  the  gym. Bud, Wes ,  the players  themselves said they spent the majority of the offseason in the gym.

I went to the free open practice - Scott looked chubby  and  hobbled.

2 hours ago, AHF said:

More accurately, he showed up big for us that one game versus Indy.  He stunk the rest of the series.  Improved last year.  Hoped he would keep improving this year but has fallen off the edge of the earth as far as his game (I have no idea about the wagon).

Oh contraire mon frere! Some big regular season games too..

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, sturt said:

Okay, okay... but that doesn't mean you don't do what you can do, right? There's no point in having the player occupy a roster slot... that, in itself, is an opportunity cost to the team since you can have no more than 15.

Do the maximum you can do.  It is just depressing when you are competing against sub-4:00 milers and your best time is a cool 5:50.  Yeah, shed that 2 seconds with that Scott trade.  Shed 10 seconds with that Ilyasova trade.  Now you'll only lose by a little over 1:30!

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Oh contraire mon frere! Some big regular season games too..

I remember Scott having some good regular season games too. First one that came to my mind was the game against Golden State when we were both fighting for the best record in the league (the good ol' days). Scott dropped 17 points in 17 minutes and scored 9 in the 4th quarter. 

Just to clarify for some why this deal is brilliant and not just a salary dump.  If Scott stayed on the roster all year, 150% of his salary would count against the cap for next season. By dumping Scott now, he doesn't count against the cap for the purposes of signing someone in the off-season.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, AHF said:

Do the maximum you can do.  It is just depressing when you are competing against sub-4:00 milers and your best time is a cool 5:50.  Yeah, shed that 2 seconds with that Scott trade.  Shed 10 seconds with that Ilyasova trade.  Now you'll only lose by a little over 1:30!

hehehe

Okay, so no one that I know-of is suggesting a trophy for losing by 1:30.... but then again, if you can shave off 12 seconds, damn it, shave off 12 seconds.

What's missing here is that we're in the same boat with practically 27 other teams for all intents and purposes... argue maybe 25, but the point remains.... you can't be satisfied, but at the same time, life is too short to bang your head against the wall over the fact you the three most elite players of this era are on two teams and the rest of us are biding time until one of them breaks down. LBJ pops an achilles one night, and suddenly CLE is within striking distance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Just to clarify for some why this deal is brilliant and not just a salary dump.  If Scott stayed on the roster all year, 150% of his salary would count against the cap for next season. By dumping Scott now, he doesn't count against the cap for the purposes of signing someone in the off-season.

They could just renounce his rights and release his cap hold in the offseason to not have it count against the cap. This was a trade purely for $ and to help PHX get closer to the salary floor. Unless Budcox truly valued Ryan Kelley that much more than Scott.

15 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

They could just renounce his rights and release his cap hold in the offseason to not have it count against the cap. This was a trade purely for $ and to help PHX get closer to the salary floor. Unless Budcox truly valued Ryan Kelley that much more than Scott.

The updated trade details has Atlanta SENDING the cash, not RECEIVING it. It's probably to pay the balance of Scott's contract.