• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So long Scotty

HawkItus

20 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

I remember

Damn those were the days.  I didn't miss Al at all with that team.  Space all over the place with a good bit of toughness, too.  I just knew we were gonna win that series (and also trash the Wiz).  Bud, Lou, and David West had other plans, smh.

Wish Molly Mike the best, though.  He allowed the coaching staff to help him to a better career than he ever dreamed of.  He'll fit well in Phoenix where defense is optional and gunning is encouraged.

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm actually gonna miss Molly Mike. Loved his emoji tatts as well. He showed up big for us a few years ago vs Indy...great highlights from posters above. 

Seems hard to believe that he can't play well anymore.   He had a really nice run last season.   Maybe his injury this year was worse than they let on. 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm actually gonna miss Molly Mike. Loved his emoji tatts as well. He showed up big for us a few years ago vs Indy...great highlights from posters above. 

More accurately, he showed up big for us that one game versus Indy.  He stunk the rest of the series.  Improved last year.  Hoped he would keep improving this year but has fallen off the edge of the earth as far as his game (I have no idea about the wagon).

3 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

I hate this move. Scott was cash from downtown if healthy, damn.

He wasn't healthy and was unproductive when he played.

I heard about Timmy and Moose working in the gym all off season, not a peep about Scott.

At Open practice he looked chunky.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He wasn't healthy and was unproductive when he played.

I heard about Timmy and Moose working in the gym all off season, not a peep about Scott.

At Open practice he looked chunky.

Dealing Scott wasn't the problem. Not fixing hardly any of the numerous holes in the roster is the problem.

Scott wasn't a long term option. He played well at times, but his best year was like 2 or 3 years ago.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, Hotlanta1981 said:

Dealing Scott wasn't the problem. Not fixing hardly any of the numerous holes in the roster is the problem.

Scott wasn't a long term option. He played well at times, but his best year was like 2 or 3 years ago.

Agree.  Again this deal is fine in isolation but this is is rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.  Makes zero difference and improves the team's balance sheet a little.

vor 1 Minute, Hotlanta1981 sagte:

He played well at times, but his best year was like 2 or 3 years ago.

What the hell???

He hasn't scored much last season but 57,5 TS% (career high) and

74,7 (!!!) TS% in the playoffs. He is cash from downtown if healthy, just accept it.

5 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

What the hell???

74,7 (!!!) TS% in the playoffs. He is cash from downtown if healthy, just accept it.

His best year was his second year in the league:

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/6622/mike-scott

Yes, he had some good playoff games, but he isn't healthy and not in shape. Plus, he has off the court issues.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ISOJOE said:

What the hell???

He plays so few minutes it is kind of hard to tell but he was certainly very efficient scoring in the playoffs last year after being pretty putrid the prior two years.  His regular season last year was also excellent followed by putrid this year.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Agree.  Again this deal is fine in isolation but this is is rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.  Makes zero difference and improves the team's balance sheet a little.

Okay, okay... but that doesn't mean you don't do what you can do, right? There's no point in having the player occupy a roster slot... that, in itself, is an opportunity cost to the team since you can have no more than 15.

2 hours ago, High5 said:

Not sure if his injury problems ruined this season or if Bud just totally lost faith in him as a player.

I think it was those, but I think reason just tells you that there is only so long that they can push back the legal calendar before some action is going to happen.... ie, highly unlikely that Mike has an NBA future after this year, given the equally high likelihood... or even "likelihood" if it makes  you feel better... that he's going to get slapped with the OJ Mayo treatment. Just not productive, then, for Bud to be spending minutes on a player who can't help the team in the long term like others at least potentially might.... right?

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

He's just cash now.

Actually, he's more trade exception than he is cash, I'd imagine.