• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jennings a potential solution at backup PG?

Bankingitbig

20 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Shooting just over 100% is friggin amazing.

Oops. He is shooting .125 so barely over ten percent at this point this year. Sorry about that.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Oops. He is shooting .125 so barely over ten percent at this point this year. Sorry about that.

Ah shoot!   I thought we had a sleeper.    I was assuming that shooting over 100% meant that he managed to hit 2 3s with one shot.  I wanted to see that.   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Ah shoot!   I thought we had a sleeper.    I was assuming that shooting over 100% meant that he managed to hit 2 3s with one shot.  I wanted to see that.   

Rory Sparrow got close to that for us sorta kinda. One of the first guys that had a streak of four point plays. Definition of a streak in this case is only two or three in a season of course. The refs may find a way for LeBron to get credited for two threes on one shot eventually. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is Mario Chalmers recovered from his injury?  

You know things are bad at PG when I'm asking about Chalmers.

Wow.  Chalmers over Jack?  You try so hard to be anti-Jack(et).

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'mma leave this here.......

Oh, wow.  Jimmuh over Jack?  I don't even know who you are anymore, Burd.

And I smell a Tracy Morgan 'no' gif in your future if you keep posting this nonsense.

I guess we can just sign Calderon if they're basically just looking for a practice body.  He'll be cheap since he already got hiz from the Warriors.  It was actually a pretty stand-up thing for them to still pay him despite signing Barnes.

Sheesh, we could've used Barnes now that I think about it.

I'm beginning to think that they might just be waiting for Cook and Weber's 10-day contracts to expire so that they can sign one of them. Surely the Front Office already has a list of PGs that they were targeting with Patterson presumably being at the top.

Edited by Bankingitbig

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And I smell a Tracy Morgan 'no' gif in your future if you keep posting this nonsense.

I guess we can just sign Calderon if they're basically just looking for a practice body.  He'll be cheap since he already got hiz from the Warriors.  It was actually a pretty stand-up thing for them to still pay him despite signing Barnes.

Jack's playing for the Pelicans.  Whatever happened to Bryce Cotton?

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Jack is signed to a 10-Day with NOP.  Call me when he gets released and they don't resign him.

Just now, Watchman said:

Overseas,  @sturt has intimated he'll be back when his season end over there.

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Was gonna include Norris Cole on the list but he's signing with OKC.  

Here's another for you: Nate Robinson, he's begging for a job.

Plus he can do this....

Just now, Watchman said:

Oh.  I thought the end of his season was imminent a couple of weeks ago.  We shoulda got Yogi!  We'll see Yogi in action tonight.

Don't let sturt hear you.  He was a strong advocate of getting Yogi.

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'mma leave this here.......

My thoughts exactly @jaybirdhawks ! I've been watching Jimmer for a while now, and I like how his gameplay translates to our system. He can really hit the outside shot and allow Bud to play him alongside Dennis in some rotation combinations. Just imagine the amount of space he would create after the pick and roll. Our bigs would feast! Make it happen now Bud!

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Rory Sparrow

Dang. There's a name I haven't seen come up on this board since.... ummmm... ya know, I don't think ol Rory's name has ever come up in any thread on this board. Only the most volt-blooded Hawk fans, I believe, recognize that one... kudos.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Just on a 10-dayer tho.  If all goes well for the Hawks, Cotton will never be on the active roster.  We gotta stop nibblin'.

40 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Jack is signed to a 10-Day with NOP.  Call me when he gets released and they don't resign him.

I think I'd punch you if you were a dude. :argh:

16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'd actually be ok with Nate.  He has swagger.   

You've finally jumped the shark.  Enough interwebs for you, sir.

And no thanks on Jimmuh.  Basically white DelaneySucks.  Put him in that awful Chinese league and he'd feast too.

• Premium Member

Cotton's the new Patty Mills.... well kinda sorta... he's the starting PG for Perth, which is Mills' old Australian league team, and yes, they made it to the finals. I believe those festivities got going Sunday, and it's best 3 of 5, so likely he'll be an option in about a week. Incidentally, while Cotton's arrival is considered to be what pushed Perth into title contention, their star is a former Florida Gator who spent some time on our summer league roster, and maybe even was a preseason camper... Casey Prather.

Just a hunch, but I'm less inclined to think Cotton will be the chosen one now that we're seeing all these new PG options on the market.

CLE, I'd thought, is going to have to cut someone, and they just sent Felder down to D-league again... though that might be meaningless.

Then, yes, you have Fredette, but I would think once you read pure in "pure point guard," that probably eliminates him from the discussion, doesn't it?

I still think Will Bynum is the most likely. Clearly, Bud prefers not to have to take time at this point in the year tutoring someone, and Bynum at least has the background gained from spending preseason with us.

Then again, if Bud wants to go younger, there remains the possibility that the Wiz will free up Burke.