• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jennings a potential solution at backup PG?

Bankingitbig

15 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

This is where Bud being in control is a proble.  Wilcox is not a big time GM.  We need someone dedicated to the GM spot on a aily basis.  Bud has to coach, travel with the team etc.  

Jennings is a point guard, delaney is not a PG.  Dennis is out of control and not a very good lead guard and distributor imo. 

It almost seems as if Bud doesn't want to improve our team this year. I mean these buyouts are just offering us a significant backup PG on a silver platter and he wants to wait and "evaluate". We only have until March 1st bud (pun intended).

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Once again, sorry y'all but a big distributing PG would not be feeding Dwight more either. Dwight simply isn't the guy that y'all think he is. Outside of alley oops he should NOT be involved in the offense. He's a negative if you post him up.

Don't think of just Dwight here. A PG that can pass can put the ball in better spots for our cutters, post ups, and shooters. A pretty big deal. Amare had no post moves, but with Nash he looked like a superstar. Ball placement is huge.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Once again, sorry y'all but a big distributing PG would not be feeding Dwight more either. Dwight simply isn't the guy that y'all think he is. Outside of alley oops he should NOT be involved in the offense. He's a negative if you post him up.

Who commented on getting a PG to feed Dwight? We NEED a PG because #DelaneySucks - no one's talking about Dwight.

Tank to get that higher pick! Not a bad move by Phil imo, but yea I can see him getting a ton of backlash for it despite the fact that it wasn't like someone was going to trade for Rose at the deadline. No one was going to give up valuable assets for his rental and his salary was hard to match for most competitive teams.

5 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I don't know if Burke is ... he is absolutely terrible and shouldn't be in the league either.  He doesn't do anything well at all.  Bringing him in this late in the season to suck on our team would be a waste of time.  

I think his point was, just about anyone is going to be an upgrade over Delaney.

• Like 1

• Admin
5 hours ago, GameTime said:

Burke is a 40+% 3 pt shooter and is young. Let Bud work with him.

If Burke is absolutely terrible. Delaney needs to go back to the Euro League.

I don't diagree that Delaney needs to go back but Burke needs to go with him.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Lurker said:

I disagree 100%.  If Dwight doesn't score he will get fouled.  On top of that a good penetrating point guard would get Dwight dunks and open up the outside.   The feeling I get is bud just wants 3 pt shooters.  We cant hit a 3 pointer period.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Burke shoots 40%+ from 3. What does Delaney do?

You miss my point ... I think Delaney sucks as well and will be happy to see a replacement for him but that is not Burke... Burke coming in now will not help this team ... he is not an NBA level talent and coming in this late in the season not knowing the system (although he can't run an offense anyway) will not do a better job then Delaney.  If we are going to bring in a better backup pg then we actually need to get someone who can contribute ... a guy who can run an offense when Dennis goes out, can be at least a little consistent on offense and hopfully play some d.  Burke meets none of that.  Okay, he can shoot 40% from three the problem is you don't want the ball in his hands ... he has proven that he can't run an offense which is the most important thing.  He is a shooting guard that is both undersized and not very good.  To me that is not the guy we bring in.

Just now, capstone21 said:

You miss my point ... I think Delaney sucks as well and will be happy to see a replacement for him but that is not Burke... Burke coming in now will not help this team ... he is not an NBA level talent and coming in this late in the season not knowing the system (although he can't run an offense anyway) will not do a better job then Delaney.  If we are going to bring in a better backup pg then we actually need to get someone who can contribute ... a guy who can run an offense when Dennis goes out, can be at least a little consistent on offense and hopfully play some d.  Burke meets none of that.  Okay, he can shoot 40% from three the problem is you don't want the ball in his hands ... he has proven that he can't run an offense which is the most important thing.  He is a shooting guard that is both undersized and not very good.  To me that is not the guy we bring in.

Delaney can't run an offense. When Dennis was out Thabo and Baze ran the offense. Delaney is a combo shooting guard who can't shoot. At least Burke can shoot. That in itself makes him (and almost everyone else in the league) a better backup than Malcolm. Burke is 44% FG and 42% from 3 this year; I wouldn't say that is inconsistent. We need shooting more than anyone in the league. Not saying he is a world beater but he is a better option Delaney.

I just want Bud to pick someone he can trust to give some minutes.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Delaney can't run an offense. When Dennis was out Thabo and Baze ran the offense. Delaney is a combo shooting guard who can't shoot. At least Burke can shoot. That in itself makes him (and almost everyone else in the league) a better backup than Malcolm. Burke is 44% FG and 42% from 3 this year; I wouldn't say that is inconsistent. We need shooting more than anyone in the league. Not saying he is a world beater but he is a better option Delaney.

Delaney was overseas for a reason.  

41 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I disagree 100%.  If Dwight doesn't score he will get fouled.  On top of that a good penetrating point guard would get Dwight dunks and open up the outside.   The feeling I get is bud just wants 3 pt shooters.  We cant hit a 3 pointer period.

This is fun! This game was already played before earlier in the year! Not only did it flop HORRENDOUSLY, it took an already garbage offense completely out of rhythm!

• Admin
1 hour ago, GameTime said:

If u think I am advocating Delaney then u still miss what I have been saying.  It's more about replacing garbage with garbage.  Burke sucks and bringing him in won't help.  I agree we need a better backup but it needs to be someone better then him.