• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jennings a potential solution at backup PG?

Bankingitbig

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

I don't know if Burke is ... he is absolutely terrible and shouldn't be in the league either.  He doesn't do anything well at all.  Bringing him in this late in the season to suck on our team would be a waste of time.  

Burke is a 40+% 3 pt shooter and is young. Let Bud work with him.

If Burke is absolutely terrible. Delaney needs to go back to the Euro League.

11 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Burke is a 40+% 3 pt shooter and is young. Let Bud work with him.

If Burke is absolutely terrible. Delaney needs to go back to the Euro League.

Both are true, sir.  Neither are NBA-level players.  It's amazing people got fooled by Burke and Lofton that year.  Latest in a long line of 2guards in small point guard bodies/NCAA tourney flashes in the pan.

• Premium Member

According to fanatic, who ordinarily is our go-to cap person, we can only offer a vet min salary, tho... that, and... I imagine Jennings is very aware of how this team has struggled all season at times.

Otoh, he might just be cocky enough to think he's the kind of player who could come to this roster and make a difference... ie, that he would be looking for this kind of situation because it predicts more minutes for him.

That would have to be our hope.

2 hours ago, sturt said:

Let's take a step back, and see the lesson of history, and thus, reality.

LBJ: Drafted #1 by his hometown team... then joined Bosh in the first explicit free agent conspiracy to manipulate the system to win a championship... then, having accomplished that, decided to leave MIA and went back to his hometown team w/o any consideration of any other teams in free agency

Curry: Drafted #8

Durant: Drafted #2... then joined Curry in what many regard to be the second explicit conspiracy to manipulate the system to win a championship

Westbrook: Drafted #4

Then... within recent decades

Jordan: Drafted #3

Magic: Drafted #1

Bird: Drafted #6

So, of the seven, two were #1s.... begging the question, why aren't every one of these guys #1 picks? Were the scouts stupid? Were the GMs stupid? Were the teams' fans who drafted #1 in those years all begging for their teams to draft these players instead, and so, truly it's us fans who ought to be better appreciated?

None of that.

So what's a GM to do when this is such an inexact science?

Well, I don't know about you, but I think I develop a strategy that tries to make is so that if the day ever comes when my team is fortunate enough to draft a generational talent, I've already begun to develop okay players into good players and good players into really good players, so that I can most readily surround that player with what would be needed to raise a championship banner.

That doesn't mean that every player move is about acquiring someone who will one day be a starter. Sometimes its about acquiring a John Battle or a Scott Hastings or a Cliff Levingston or a Spud Webb who fills a role... someone not that many people thought was capable of filling a role.

I know we're all in despair about how this season seems to be swirling down the flusher right now, but "trust the process" is not a lie.

Curry was 7th pick.

Also, NO to Jennings!

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Thank God.

This is where Bud being in control is a proble.  Wilcox is not a big time GM.  We need someone dedicated to the GM spot on a aily basis.  Bud has to coach, travel with the team etc.  

Jennings is a point guard, delaney is not a PG.  Dennis is out of control and not a very good lead guard and distributor imo. 

• Like 1