• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

March Madness bracket

Alex

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

17 people so far have joined ... not bad ... we can still use some more squawkers in there ... still time ... games do not begin until tomorrow

Go ahead and join everyone.  It's easy.  I did it like 6 or 7 times! :MooseGoggles:

15 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Lavar is a marketing genius.

At this point, none of us know the mix between 'marketing genius' and 'stark raving idiot'.  Certainly don't know enough to definitively say one way or the other.

Stay tuned?

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

At this point, none of us know the mix between 'marketing genius' and 'stark raving idiot'.  Certainly don't know enough to definitively say one way or the other.

Stay tuned?

I have a background in advertising and marketing.  Yes, he's a marketing genius.

You are talking about the dad of a college basketball star, on an NBA fan website. He's the ultimate hype man for his boys, while also subliminally marketing his clothing line every time he's on camera.

He's basically doing what Trump did during the campaign.  Say the most outlandish things, knowing that all of the news networks will cover your every word.  Trump did that to perfection, and Lavar is doing it too.

If Lonzo and UCLA go far in the tournament, the camera will be on him constantly.  And what will you see?

His clothing line brand, because that's all he wears on camera.

The next step will be for one of the major sports apparel companies ( Nike, Adidas, Under Armor, etc ) to put HIS brand under THEIR brand.

As for his boys, Lonzo is definitely looking like the 2nd coming of Jason Kidd.  And his other 2 sons may be in the league as well in a few years. 

He has a big enough mouth, personality, and camera presence to rile up even a big mouth like Barkley.

He's a marketing genius.

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And his other 2 sons may be in the league as well

I think his younger brother dropped 100 in a high school game...ya I'd say he's gonna be in the league.

But you might be right, Lavar is Trump.

22 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I have a background in advertising and marketing.  Yes, he's a marketing genius.

You are talking about the dad of a college basketball star, on an NBA fan website. He's the ultimate hype man for his boys, while also subliminally marketing his clothing line every time he's on camera.

He's basically doing what Trump did during the campaign.  Say the most outlandish things, knowing that all of the news networks will cover your every word.  Trump did that to perfection, and Lavar is doing it too.

If Lonzo and UCLA go far in the tournament, the camera will be on him constantly.  And what will you see?

The next step will be for one of the major sports apparel companies ( Nike, Adidas, Under Armor, etc ) to put HIS brand under THEIR brand.

As for his boys, Lonzo is definitely looking like the 2nd coming of Jason Kidd.  And his other 2 sons may be in the league as well in a few years. 

He has a big enough mouth, personality, and camera presence to rile up even a big mouth like Barkley.

He's a marketing genius.

Allright, awright, geez.  You're always yellin'.  I hear you.  I just have chosen not to delve too far into him and his nonsense to know about his clothing line and all that.  You could be onto something.  That's as far as I'll go.  I don't want to give you the satisfaction of knowing you might be right.

How dare you, @Spud2Nique.  I defy you to actually watch the "highlights" of that 92pt game and come away thinking you're watching a future NBAer.  I'll spare you.  The kid made it past halfcourt like twice.  #cherrypickingforacause.  The remaining 2 Ball kids are fringe college prospects who're being carried along by their older brother and their father's mouthpiece.

You fell into LeTrump's trap of only reading the headline.  Shiiii, Cyde may be right here.  Don't tell him though.

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He's a marketing genius.

I agree.

No one else is talking about the other draft picks.  Lavar is all over - he's all the talk even when it's not about what he wants for his sons.  It's all about 'Ball'

46 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Yeah, I'm at the bottom of the standings so I'll just say it now....

Don't call it a comeback.

Well, to be fair, y'all are all playing for 2nd place anyway.  The KG conglomerate is in prime position right now.