• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

Sorry but I like LD and Woody as much as Bud

NBASupes

LD motion offense was good. We ran it very well even with a knucklehead like Josh Smith in the lineup. 

Woody defensive philosophy was ahead of its time. We see teams like Golden State and Cleveland using it today. It worked till the playoffs where we didn't have the horses. 

Bud system on offense and defense is very good but like those systems, it's limited to the personnel. Without Al Horford, this system sucks. It don't even work no more on a consistent basis. Sorry but where is Bud better than LD and Woody again? They have nearly the same win percentages. I see Bud having the best season but has had the worst seasons considering where we are at as a team. Maybe just maybe, he's not this Coach Pop as we think.

• Like 4

Bud also has a reputation of player development though Baze is the first player to regress under him after making huge strides to be better.

bud is still the best coach among all these guys. The team will get fixed over the summer....I'm more looking forward to watching our young guys at this point get some burn. We weren't going to win a championship even if we were clicking honestly....that's just how the NBA go. These guys could have been clicking all along and they still would more than likely lose to the cavs, Warriors, Spurs like 99% of the rest of the league.

• Like 4

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, JTB said:

Bud also has a reputation of player development though Baze is the first player to regress under him after making huge strides to be better.

bud is still the best coach among all these guys. The team will get fixed over the summer....I'm more looking forward to watching our young guys at this point get some burn. We weren't going to win a championship even if we were clicking honestly....that's just how the NBA go. These guys could have been clicking all along and they still would more than likely lose to the cavs, Warriors, Spurs like 99% of the rest of the league.

Why are we totally ignoring the sea change that came with Bud at the helm.   Player development, training techniques from this century, defensive strategy that can make average defenders effective, and an actual offense.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Why are we totally ignoring the sea change that came with Bud at the helm.   Player development, training techniques from this century, defensive strategy that can make average defenders effective, and an actual offense.

Definitely agree ! Once the season passes emotions will calm down. I'm just ready to see budcox next steps.

38 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We had an offense with LD. Player development was legit when Al was here. So far the only better that got better this year was Tim. Last year, everyone was improving. 

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We had an offense with LD. Player development was legit when Al was here. So far the only better that got better this year was Tim. Last year, everyone was improving. 

What player development was there prior to Bud?   Al was as NBA ready as they come.     

As you said Tim is showing what player development (and training) is doing for these guys.   Baze, despite his terrible year, is still a rotation player who started out as a fringe nba guy.  Dwight has improved his picks and D but i don't really call that player development as much as just coaching.   The rest of the guys this year are either old vets or young rooks.   So we aren't seeing the results yet.   

24 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What player development was there prior to Bud?   Al was as NBA ready as they come.     

As you said Tim is showing what player development (and training) is doing for these guys.   Baze, despite his terrible year, is still a rotation player who started out as a fringe nba guy.  Dwight has improved his picks and D but i don't really call that player development as much as just coaching.   The rest of the guys this year are either old vets or young rooks.   So we aren't seeing the results yet.   

Mike Muscala,

Hump

Mike Scott has completely regressed and was traded.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Mike Muscala,

Hump

Mike Scott has completely regressed and was traded.

Muscala is only in the league because of our development.  He'd be playing in Ireland otherwise.

Hump is a vet, he's not going to be developed.   Scott got injured, out of shape and not worth the investment when he obviously wasn't going to be here next year.  

Now I don't understand the lack of minutes for Hump because he seems to always deliver.  But the handling of Moose and Scott was spot on.   We got meaningful contributions from those guys until they couldn't contribute anymore and then they rightly disappeared.  

• Like 1

I always liked those guys while the board consensus was unfavorable, but not as much as Bud tho.  Drew's Hi-Lo with Al and Josh out the timeout worked like 95 times out of 100.  The steadily improving record under Woody clearly showed he kept the message fresh and the guys engaged.  Both could do slightly better than the guy currently sitting next to em in the Head chair.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

Woodso

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

LD motion offense was good. We ran it very well even with a knucklehead like Josh Smith in the lineup. 

Woody defensive philosophy was ahead of its time. We see teams like Golden State and Cleveland using it today. It worked till the playoffs where we didn't have the horses. 

Bud system on offense and defense is very good but like those systems, it's limited to the personnel. Without Al Horford, this system sucks. It don't even work no more on a consistent basis. Sorry but where is Bud better than LD and Woody again? They have nearly the same win percentages. I see Bud having the best season but has had the worst seasons considering where we are at as a team. Maybe just maybe, he's not this Coach Pop as we think.

Mostly correct.

This system sucks because players don't make shots. When that happens the players aren't so willing to pass or move without the ball and selfish play develops.

• Like 4

Still like Bud alright most of the time, but some of the substitutions confuse me. Not sold on Bud the GM (alright Wes, Bud the Pres) at all. And for as much as I have believed in Bud the developer of players, I am beginning to wonder if that had more to do with Snyder and Atkinson being on the bench with him. Beginning to get a little suspect in that department. I mean, WTF happened to Baze then? Idk. So, I will still give Bud the benefit of the doubt, but I'm watching you Buddy! 

Woody? Meh.

Did like LD tho. Feel like that dude got a raw deal. Understand what happened and why, just wish it didn't have to happen. Good guy. Hella some outta bounds plays. Much respekk.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

Did like LD tho. Feel like that dude got a raw deal.

Wouldn't worry about that because LD did indeed get even with us in the draft with the Bucks and now has a championship ring with the Cavs.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I've never seen a single head coach where the hard core fans didn't have issues with the rotation/substitutions.   Going back to fratello, every hawks coach's substitutions were questioned.   The truth is that more times than not the coach knows much better.   I mean people were begging for more Ed Grey, Dan Dickau, Acie Law, Salim Stoudemire......and what happened when the Hawks gave up?  Straight outta the league.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I've never seen a single head coach where the hard core fans didn't have issues with the rotation/substitutions.   Going back to fratello, every hawks coach's substitutions were questioned.   The truth is that more times than not the coach knows much better.   I mean people were begging for more Ed Grey, Dan Dickau, Acie Law, Salim Stoudemire......and what happened when the Hawks gave up?  Straight outta the league.  

Yeah as much as I want to see guys like Prince and Bembry get more burn, we aren't the ones with eyes on them watching their development in practice.

40 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Grey

It's Gray...next time you mess up a Cal player's name you'll have to answer too me...no UCLA fuckups either...don't be sayin Rusel Wistbrook or Jewr Holliday...:-|

My bad bro.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

It's Gray...next time you mess up a Cal player's name you'll have to answer too me...no UCLA fuckups either...don't be sayin Rusel Wistbrook or Jewr Holliday...:-|

My bad bro.

Noted.   Thanks Spoad.