• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sap says he will look elsewhere after season

JTB

i don't blame Sap and I'm honestly not too sad. Also I genuinely believe he loves Atlanta but he wants a chance to actually win a ring. I can see him following horford to Boston 

Edited by JTB

20 minutes ago, JTB said:

i don't blame Sap and I'm honestly not too sad. Also I genuinely believe he loves Atlanta but he wants a chance to actually win a ring. I can see him following horford to Boston 

He just want to get paid. Horford didn't get offered the full max starting at 26 mil a year, no way ATL is gonna give him a starting max at 33 mil a year. Denver will. 

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Time to trade Dwight and Bazemore.

Nobody wants them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bankingitbig said:

This isn't new..... We all already knew Paul would not take his player option. Also why would you choose the terminology of "void"??? This is just a NFL reporter stating the obvious.

Exactly this. This was ALWAYS expected. Nothing earth shattering at all. Sheffter should stick to NFL. He's 'reporting' this as if this is new.  

1 hour ago, Bankingitbig said:

This isn't new..... We all already knew Paul would not take his player option. Also why would you choose the terminology of "void"??? This is just a NFL reporter stating the obvious.

This and only this.

BSPN reminds me all the time why I chose not to consume the tripe they try to put out.  Their "reporters" have to come out with nonsense like this to justify their salaries.  Why do you think they have this NFL clown working NBA games in the 1st place?  It's either that or get downsized.

In other news the sky is blue.

Seriously though, he might see the three knuckleheads and decide "eff this, I don't mind interacting with my younger bro who is a bit crazy in Dennis but screw Kent and Dwight. Unless I'm given a strong reason to stay, I'm walking".

If Paul goes, you might as well also trade Dennis along with Kent and Dwight, let Hardaway Jr walk and make it a complete rebuild. Think he is bad now? He'll be 100x worse without a guy that he looks up to and leans on. Really both him and Tim lean on Paul's ability.

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member

We all already knew this. I think we should keep Millsap,but for a fair price. If not, then rebuild, go young and save cap to go after Klay Thompson.            

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

In other news the sky is blue.

Seriously though, he might see the three knuckleheads and decide "eff this, I don't mind interacting with my younger bro who is a bit crazy in Dennis but screw Kent and Dwight. Unless I'm given a strong reason to stay, I'm walking".

If Paul goes, you might as well also trade Dennis along with Kent and Dwight, let Hardaway Jr walk and make it a complete rebuild. Think he is bad now? He'll be 100x worse without a guy that he looks up to and leans on. Really both him and Tim lean on Paul's ability.

Over the top to let go two good  young players just cause an aging one is leaving. Not saying they won't have it tougher without Paul cause they will but choosing to gut the whole team over a player like Paul isn't worth it. He's not a top 10 talent so no need to go into panic mode. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Not saying they won't have it tougher without Paul cause they will but choosing to gut the whole team over a player like Paul isn't worth it.

Agreed, do love Sap but really if we are able to keep both Tim and Ersan and build through this draft and develop Prince and Bembry a little more aggressively its not even close to the end of the world. Any amount of improved perimeter play will help us win games next year (yeah well, this year too).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kg01 said:

This and only this.

BSPN reminds me all the time why I chose not to consume the tripe they try to put out.  Their "reporters" have to come out with nonsense like this to justify their salaries.  Why do you think they have this NFL clown working NBA games in the 1st place?  It's either that or get downsized.

Scheftee is one of the best  NFL reporters in the business.  Definitely not a clown.  But, he needs to work on his NBA reporting.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I'll keep Dennis and Tim. They aren't good enough to win by themselves and have more value here then away. We need to keep the young guys. Get rid of the vets.

No Dennis please.   Time to get a real point guard.

Who's a real PG today in basketball? Serious question, and don't say cp3.

Most of the younger guys are score first even if they get assists, and that'd be what the Hawks would get in the draft.

unless you want to get Jeff Teague again, and if you did, Bud would nudge him with being aggressive again. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

Scheftee is one of the best  NFL reporters in the business.  Definitely not a clown.  But, he needs to work on his NBA reporting.

Well, I have a low opinion of pretty much anything related to the NFL so that doesn't impress me.  All I know is the clown referred to Sap 'voiding' his deal?  And then broke something as "news" when, in reality, it's "what any non-idiot would do in Sap's place".

4 hours ago, JTB said:

Over the top to let go two good  young players just cause an aging one is leaving. Not saying they won't have it tougher without Paul cause they will but choosing to gut the whole team over a player like Paul isn't worth it. He's not a top 10 talent so no need to go into panic mode. 

If people are already whining about what Dennis is doing with Millsap around...imagine when he's not. I'm in the camp of restructure quickly for an 18-20 window (next season off) but it might not even work out that way.

What Hardaway Jr does is fun but he still has a lot of work to do. Non SEC or college basketball folks won't get it, but he's a good offensive talent that is kind of lazy. He doesn't move off the ball as often as other talents (it's not that he doesn't, but he doesn't often). He's the Dusty Hannahs of the NBA this year, but a streakier shooter. Good offensive talent but could be so much more if he moved off the ball a lot more like Marshall Henderson, Jamal Murray (both college and NBA level), etc.

He's made himself fit in because of his transition play and ability as a ball handler in PNR.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Who's a real PG today in basketball? Serious question, and don't say cp3.

Most of the younger guys are score first even if they get assists, and that'd be what the Hawks would get in the draft.

unless you want to get Jeff Teague again, and if you did, Bud would nudge him with being aggressive again. 

Lurk, your crazy a** stumbled onto a good point here.  There are no more "real" point guards anymore.  And stop calling him cp3 until he makes it to the 3rd round.  He's cp2 'round these parts.