• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

State of the Hawks Poll

AHF

State of Hawklanta - From the Top Down Assess Our Ownership, GM, Coach and 2017-18's 5 highest paid players  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would like 60/4 for THjr and a team that is willing to pick up Baze's contract for one/two secondround picks. Don't give Sap more than 80/2, 90/3 or 100/4. Dennis will never be a top8 PG (in the regular season) imo but his contract is still very good.

Edited by ISOJOE

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Party foul on AH.  Making a poll, then not voting 1st.  15yd penalty.

I never vote first in my polls in case the results show up first because I set it up wrong.  Don't want to influence the voting more than I do by accident in writing the questions.

1. Ownership is far more competent to what we have had. That said, the jury is still out for me. Ressler is a private equity guy. Still unsure if he is truly willing to go above the salary cap and potentially the luxury tax in order to win a championship. Hawks raising ticket prices has me worried, as well as Grant Hill not wanting to be involved in any basketball operations. Huge fan of Koonin though.
  2. I am ok with Bud as President of Basketball Operations, but we need a true GM. I almost said we need a GM with ultimate authority, but I want our coach and GM to be on the same page and I am ok with Bud having that ultimate authority for now.
  3. Bud is a good coach and I selected that we are lucky to have him. That said, I do think he has his faults like his rotations and the fact that turnovers always seem to be an issue with us.
  4. Dennis is a decent point guard right now that is young and I think he is on a great contract. I think he has potential to be a borderline all-star if he develops and works on his flaws.
  5. THJ - tough one for me. I think THJ is definitely starter worthy and has a lot more potential in terms of working on his playmaking and defense, along with shot selection. That said, I don't necessarily believe we match whatever deal he gets.
  6. Dwight - has done everything we asked and is playing well enough to make his contract valuable. That said, I don't think his game fits the modern NBA.
  7. Millsap - I did option #3, but now that I think about more I think #2 is more fair. I just don't think we should be resigning Millsap at all this offseason with the way the team is currently constructed and considering what he will command.
  8. Baze - Subpar player that is negative value in a trade. Don't necessarily think he is below Thabo, but definitely below THJ and Prince.
Edited by Bankingitbig
  • Like 4

Ownership is amongst the tops in the league

Bud is a good coach

Wilcox needs to get replaced by someone who can overrule and make decisions 

DS17 is a definite keeper gonna be a all star

THJ solid starter very JR Smith like. Keep

Bazemore get the hell outta town

Millsap not worth the money he's going to command for his final "major" deal

Dwight keep cause he's a good player on a good contract 

• Like 1

Tim and Sap are different than @AHF poll. I think Sap is one of the best and I think Tim could develop into a starter. But neither are worth anything it takes. Both have a max cap that I am okay with or they can go. The cap isn't moving up all that much and honestly, if we are rebuilding, I rather the cup more bare and to maybe look into SnT for them and get some value. 

Perfect description for Dwight from AHF: Empty numbers and subpar impact on the game. He doesn't add much to this team and ideally should come off the bench for his rebounding and be traded if we get a solid offer.

I honestly think Tim isn't worth Baze's current deal but he's worth at least 12 mil per a year. I just don't know if he's a starter yet. His defensive numbers +/- as a starter isn't impressive and his defensive numbers are horrible. He's too hot and cold as well but he has potential and shows flashes of a potential all star. (1-2 times max)

Say what you want about Baze but I trust Baze to start on more teams right now than Tim, I just don't trust or want Bazemore to start for us anymore. He simply doesn't fit  our current personnel but on a team like Cleveland, he would be loved. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

What I feel is the range for Sap is 3-100 mil. What the Hawks should offer is 3-110 mil. 

I feel like no one will offer more than 3 years. If they do, it will be a team option on the 4th year. 

Suitors: Miami, Denver and Phoenix

Potential suitors: Indiana and the New York Knicks. 

Leaders: Miami and Indiana if Indy can clear Al Jefferson's contract. Indiana needs Millsap and Miami does too. I just feel like Atlanta is SOL unless they offer a deal he can't refuse but I just don't see that happening considering the current state of the team. 

Tim Hardaway Jr. 4-50 

Suitors: Charlotte, Philadelphia, Chicago, Memphis, Dallas and New Orleans.

His market is right there is Dion Waiters if not lesser. I don't see him being a key target for anyone outside of the Hawks. For even a team like Brooklyn, they would have more interest in a PG like George Hill and getting a backup big instead of Hardaway who doesn't move the needle for them from Dinwiddle or LeVert. 

Muscala has a far bigger market than his real impact due to him being a solid 5 big off the bench. His options will be ample: 4-24

Suitors: Most NBA teams except the Hawks. 

Major suitors: Philly, Dallas, OKC and Brooklyn

Thabo 3-9

Suitors: OKC and Houston. Hawks are an option depending on Sap. 

Ersan - 3-28

Suitors: I think he might be back. I can see Bud wanting to keep him even through rebuilding. 

Hump: 2-4 

Suitors: Atlanta

Targets: 

Darren Collison- 3-30

He might be our only target this off-season if Sap leaves.

Ben Mac, Kyle Korver, Milos T in Europe, Mirotic and Shaun Livingston will all be options for the Hawks. I really think we will go bargain shopping. 

Watch for Brooklyn, they could leave this off-season with George Hill, Milos Telanvoic, Mirotic and Muscala. They could vastly improve their depth and options. I honestly don't think many RFA's will be on the move. 

One of the choices on Hardaway:

Subpar shooting guard who seemed improved over last season but is actually at the exact same TS% with a higher turnover rate and lower WS/48 rate. We need to be sure not to overpay him.

LOL . . Great job on balancing out the survey AHF.  But I'm pretty sure which option you chose on Hardaway.

( gasp ) . . . I stand corrected.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Perfect description for Dwight from AHF: Empty numbers and subpar impact on the game. He doesn't add much to this team and ideally should come off the bench for his rebounding and be traded if we get a solid offer.

I sorta agree with you, but then I checked out his win share..he leads the team

hawks.png

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, West said:

I sorta agree with you, but then I checked out his win share..he leads the team

hawks.png

He got a -2.1 +/- on the court for the Hawks. His impact is just not there. Win shares don't care about impact, just a combinations of stats.

54 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

I actually think Brooklyn makes the most sense for THJ. They have a lot of $ to spend and are most likely looking for young players to develop. I think Kenny Atkinson would love to get his hands on THJ to continue to develop his playmaking skills and shot selection.

Not at all. His data isn't all that impressive to overpay for. His defense isn't all that either. You rather bet on someone who you know has impact like George Hill.

17 hours ago, AHF said:

I never vote first in my polls in case the results show up first because I set it up wrong.  Don't want to influence the voting more than I do by accident in writing the questions.

Whut?  That doesn't even make sense.  It's ok, AH.  Just take the 15yd penalty and play on.  Keep arguing and you'll get T'd up.

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Whut?  That doesn't even make sense.  It's ok, AH.  Just take the 15yd penalty and play on.  Keep arguing and you'll get T'd up.

Not arguing.  Just saying I did polls a few years ago where results were viewable.  Since then I make the poll and then vote later in the day.  Probably it isn't possible anymore due to Dolf's upgrades.

48 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not at all. His data isn't all that impressive to overpay for. His defense isn't all that either. You rather bet on someone who you know has impact like George Hill.

But why would you bet on a 30-year old when your team is nowhere close to actually competing? On top of that, you already have Lin for a potential two more years making $12M/year.

THJ's per 36 stats aren't that far off from what Harden was doing when he got his first max deal from HOU. Not trying to say that THJ deserves a max or that he will become Harden, but just saying there is potential in him. Obviously THJ is older and TS% is quite a bit lower, but I think that has a lot to do with his FT% abnormally dropping this year and Harden's ability to get to the line more often. I think the surrounding cast that THJ has versus what Harden had at the time plays a bit into the efficiency numbers as well. Also consider that THJ has really only had 1.5years of true development (Knicks were a mess) versus Harden having 3-years at the time. I definitely think Atkinson (known for developing/mentoring Lin) would love to get his hands on THJ to continue his development.

• THJ's per 36 stats this year (4th year, age 24):
    • 19.0 PTs / 2.9 ASTs / 3.5 REBs / 1.7 TOs on TS of 56%
  • Harden per 36 stats (3rd year, age 22):
    • 19.3 PTs / 4.2 ASTs / 4.7 REBs / 2.5 TOs on TS of 66%
Edited by Bankingitbig

12 minutes ago, AHF said:

Not arguing.  Just saying I did polls a few years ago where results were viewable.  Since then I make the poll and then vote later in the day.  Probably it isn't possible anymore due to Dolf's upgrades.

All right, that's it.  That's a "T".

1 more and you're bannt.