• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why is Moose...

NERMAN

Then that is the 2nd worst contract in Hawks history if your not going to play him in the 4th.  Bazemore's is worse.

And it's only been 1 game so not very far into the 'series'.  IMO we played with a different tenacity and level of control when he was on the floor tonight.  

1 hour ago, cam1218 said:

Spacing..but it didn't seem to help our shooters.

If only Dwight could set screens like Gortat does. He's been killing it.

39 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Folks gotta look deeper into context here. Gortat was beating Howard fundamentally on the boards and Howard was a joke in Gortat/Wall PNR defense.

Something radical that I'm not even sure would work will probably need to happen.

Give Howard game 3 off.

1 hour ago, Jackets333 said:

Apparently you havent watched Howard play so far this series.  Getting punked by Gortwat.  Plus he has no value being in the game in a foul shooting contest cause he can't make a free throw.

Of course not.  I mean, because he was 3 - 4 FT in Game 1, and has shot 67% FT in his past 7 games, he just can't possibly be out on the court.

Funny that he was +5 this game, and couldn't even get back on the floor.   Hawks went on a 13 - 0 run in that 3rd quarter.  And as SOON as he went out the game, we started giving the small lead we had right back to the Wiz.

With Dwight out in the 2nd half, we ended up being outscored by 15 points, with Moose and Ersan giving us little to nothing.

• Like 3

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Lurker said:

Let me say this slowly:

The
Howard
With
Starters
Lineup
Is
On
This
Series.

The Dennis with Starters lineup is -35.3 on this series.

Bench Dennis!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Bench Dennis!

This is called 'fun with nimbers'.  It's why you don't rely solely on them.

Whatever Muscala is supposed to provide ... it's not happening.  We suck with him defending the PnR anyways.  At least Howard might fall into a dunk or a reboard by accident.  Muscala's getting muscled at every turn (I'm calling it muscala'd from now no .. or horford'ed).

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is called 'fun with nimbers'.  It's why you don't rely solely on them.

Whatever Muscala is supposed to provide ... it's not happening.  We suck with him defending the PnR anyways.  At least Howard might fall into a dunk or a reboard by accident.  Muscala's getting muscled at every turn (I'm calling it muscala'd from now no .. or horford'ed).

PERs / WS/48

THJr 3.8 PER / -0.1 WS/48 - worst on team 10 man rotation

Dunleavy 4.0 PER / -0.03 WS/48 - 2nd worst on team

Moose 6.1 PER / 0.009 WS/48 - 3rd worst on team

Baze 9.0 PER / 0.012 WS/48 - 4th worst on team

Dwight 12.5 PER / 0.067 WS/48 - 3rd best PER and 4th best WS/48

Some Fans See the Above and Conclude:

"Hey, if we bench Dwight for good and get this kind of production from Moose we will be killing it!  

Dwight = the main problem."

(As an aside, Dwight has not had a good series but has not been as disastrous as some of our other players.  He is a 2nd or 3rd order of concern - not the primary focus.)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AHF said:

PERs / WS/48

THJr 3.8 PER / -0.1 WS/48 - worst on team 10 man rotation

Dunleavy 4.0 PER / -0.03 WS/48 - 2nd worst on team

Moose 6.1 PER / 0.009 WS/48 - 3rd worst on team

Baze 9.0 PER / 0.012 WS/48 - 4th worst on team

Dwight 12.5 PER / 0.067 WS/48 - 3rd best PER and 4th best WS/48

Some Fans See the Above and Conclude:

"Hey, if we bench Dwight for good and get this kind of production from Moose we will be killing it!  

Dwight = the main problem."

(As an aside, Dwight has not had a good series but has not been as disastrous as some of our other players.  He is a 2nd or 3rd order of concern - not the primary focus.)

PER isn't a good indicator for his impact or lack there of. I seen all of them in person. Dwight was the worst player for both teams yesterday. 

49 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

PER isn't a good indicator for his impact or lack there of. I seen all of them in person. Dwight was the worst player for both teams yesterday. 

No, he wasn't.  And it's not even close.  Your bias is really showing.

• Like 2

vor 2 Stunden, AHF sagte:

Bench Dennis!

Ban this guy. Whoever comes to that conclusion is lunatic.

edit: oh, that was irony. May bad. Excuse me

Edited by ISOJOE
  • Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, ISOJOE said:

Ban this guy. Whoever comes to that conclusion is lunatic.

edit: oh, that was irony. May bad. Excuse me

Total sarcasm.  Dennis done the most this series so far for us.  I have not only zero issue with him but think we have no even decent alternative for him.  But the logic applies to any of our starters (which is why looking at the +/- for an entire lineup and then randomly applying that composite number to only 1 of the 5 starters instead of focusing on individual play is not a good approach, IMO).

• Like 1