• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Doubtful about a rebuild.

Diesel

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

The Dieselputter from way downtown...BANG! -Mike Breen

Will the fans at Philips accept Joe back after everything with the fans?

It's about 5 years too late... But Joe, Dwight, and Paul... 5 maybe 6 years ago... that wins the East.

Fans will accept not having to pay Baze for 3 more seasons.  However, I think Baze will do well when he is coached correctly.  That may be as Hood's BU. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I get why people want the rebuild, but  it is going to take so much to beat GS. You won't get that through a bunch of lottery picks. Minnesota is so talented but they aren't even close.

Stay competitive and hope you get lucky or suck and hope you get lucky? You have more opportunities to get lucky if you suck, but you could also be bad for a long time. Cleveland is lucky LeBron is from Ohio and GSW is lucky their picks worked out. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

The Dieselputter from way downtown...BANG! -Mike Breen

Will the fans at Philips accept Joe back after everything with the fans?

A good question. Baze fans definitely won't but most fans will celebrate that contract changing addresses and welcome Joe back off the bench. At least we know he can hit a shot late in the game, an improvement over our last three playoff runs.

You know you might be up to something if we decide not to let Sap walk... that lineup is killer especially if we was to get say Josh Hart and Isaiah Hartstein in the draft... 

PG-Schröder,Collison,Calderon

SG-THJ,Bembry,Hart

SF-Prince,Johnson

PF-Millsap,Ilyasova,Humph

C-Howard,Hartstein

I like that.... I like that a lot..... 

Tanking is not worth it. No matter how bad you are there are other teams that will be worse. Generational talents like LeBron or KD only come around once or twice a decade. To think you'll be the team lucky enough to nab one is very naive.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I actually think Baze will be a decent guy off the bench for us this season.   Hawks had a huge void at wing this past year and he was trying to fill it.  But in a more disciplined offense he has proven to be effective.     And I say this as a guy who cussed him out almost every game last year.   

But I'd take Joe for one year.    I honestly don't think Joe wants to come to Atlanta though.   And I don't blame him really.   

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 6/10/2017 at 10:44 PM, bleachkit said:

Tanking is not worth it. No matter how bad you are there are other teams that will be worse. Generational talents like LeBron or KD only come around once or twice a decade. To think you'll be the team lucky enough to nab one is very naive.

You might just end up with :

Image result for Anthony Bennett  Image result for derrick williams draft

Image result for Michael Kidd Gilchrist draft Image result for Evan Turner draft

• Like 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

If you were Utah, then would take Kent Bazemore with 3-years $54M still left on his contract or would you rather keep Joe Johnson who has 1 year left for $10.5M?

Utah...  They'd probably take the deal with Baze.  Look at the coaches.  Snyder is a much better X and O guy that Bud.   Bud is a philosophy guy.  It was Snyder's X and Os that made Baze a good looking player to begin with.   The other thing that nobody is really talking abut is that Gordon Heyward has probably played his last game as a Utah Jazz.   Baze comes in and he and Hood would be a 2-3 combo that's athletic and can play defense and can shoot.  This actually allows them to go after PGs... i.e. resign George Hill or going after a PG that can run the offense and be a scorer for them in FAcy (Hello Kyle). 

On 6/9/2017 at 7:17 PM, Diesel said:

I know that there are many of you who hope that Schlenk is coming in and he will let Millsap walk and we will use the 20 million dollar hole to sign Anthony Davis and trade Baze for 2 future first round picks... 

Let me ease your mind.  That ain't happening this year. 

Many of who? I'm not hearing anyone say anything close to that hyperbole...

On 6/9/2017 at 7:17 PM, Diesel said:

I know that there are many of you who hope that Schlenk is coming in and he will let Millsap walk and we will use the 20 million dollar hole to sign Anthony Davis and trade Baze for 2 future first round picks... 

Let me ease your mind.  That ain't happening this year. 

Neither will Sap get 30 million per from us.  

I think Schlenk is going to bet the Market for Sap is about as good as 25 Million per... and he will give him a 5 year 125 Million deal. 

I believe that Schlenk is looking to find fit and he allows Bud to focus on coaching and coaching alone.   SO for this year, we're probably going to look at lot like we did last year and if Schlenk can move Sap in the season, he probably will. The biggest move I see is us getting a BU PG. 

I still believe that Dennis and Calderon will be back.. However, I really see us dropping Delaney if possible and picking up either:

Livingston (GS ties), Mills (SA ties) or Collison (prolly best fit). 

If we get any of those three guys, I say let the position be shared.  Because we brought in Schlenk, I have to believe that Baze is safe.  However, if we wanted to trade Baze... I know a team that would take him happily and it may work for Atlanta too??  You're interested yet?

Baze for Joe Johnson!!

The coaches in Utah would know how to use Baze.  Joe is and elder statesman with one more year.  Atl frees up capspace on the move.    Atlanta would get a chance to retire Joe.   Joe could step back and let Prince and THJr grow as starters and Joe can come off and be clutch.

They need to give Delaney a chance. A year in the system, he should be better. I'm sure Bud would love Mack back. I highly doubt Livingston would love. Mills will be too expensive. Collison has no ties to ATL.

Utah isn't going to take on Baze's contract. They're cap space is limited. Joe's deal is a good deal. Baze is bad.

10 hours ago, Diesel said:

Utah...  They'd probably take the deal with Baze.  Look at the coaches.  Snyder is a much better X and O guy that Bud.   Bud is a philosophy guy.  It was Snyder's X and Os that made Baze a good looking player to begin with.   The other thing that nobody is really talking abut is that Gordon Heyward has probably played his last game as a Utah Jazz.   Baze comes in and he and Hood would be a 2-3 combo that's athletic and can play defense and can shoot.  This actually allows them to go after PGs... i.e. resign George Hill or going after a PG that can run the offense and be a scorer for them in FAcy (Hello Kyle). 

It doesn't make sense for Jazz to take on Baze's contract. They're limited with cap space. Already paying Gobert 20+ mil a year, they got to resign Ingles. 

Next summer Jazz could have some cap space with Favors (bad contract) and Joe coming off the books. It doesn't make sense for them to compromise their cap space for an average player (Baze), when they can just move forward with a youth movement since a Jazz team with Baze isn't going to win a championship.

Edited by BigDog90
  • Like 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

They need to give Delaney a chance. A year in the system, he should be better. I'm sure Bud would love Mack back. I highly doubt Livingston would love. Mills will be too expensive. Collison has no ties to ATL.

Utah isn't going to take on Baze's contract. They're cap space is limited. Joe's deal is a good deal. Baze is bad.

I'm on the fence with Delaney.   He's good at getting a shot off but he's not 20 years old.   His total inability to be a threat from outside 15 feet combined with pretty weak D is a bad combo.  Other than saving money there isn't much of an advantage to having him as the backup vs. the multitude of veteran backup points floating around like will bynum, jameer nelson, dj augustine, that guy from tech that no one talks about.