• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Millsap to Minnesota or Denver?

Sothron

4 minutes ago, hazer said:

There is no WAY the Hawks are winning 38 games next year. Low 30s, MAYbe...

I'm not talking about the Hawks. I'm saying 27 wins won't be close to playoffs and much higher than the 14th pick.

21 minutes ago, High5 said:

I'm not talking about the Hawks. I'm saying 27 wins won't be close to playoffs and much higher than the 14th pick.

Ahhhhh, I read ya. Sadly, I think at least 2 teams with win totals in the 30s make the East playoffs. Maybe even 3. You're right, Hawks would land higher than the 14th pick with 27-32 wins, but not nearly as high as previous years.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

Having 3 first round picks in next years draft is A LOT of ammo. Even if you're not taking players with all of those picks or trying to move up in the draft with them, they absolutely can be used to make trades with and no first round pick is better than one in the current season. 

Not if the 1st rounders are at the botton half of the first round.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

Having 3 first round picks in next years draft is A LOT of ammo. Even if you're not taking players with all of those picks or trying to move up in the draft with them, they absolutely can be used to make trades with and no first round pick is better than one in the current season. 

What is the third pick? 

55 minutes ago, CP61 said:

What is the third pick? 

If we are able to swing a deal with Minnesota.  They own OKC's first rounder via Utah trade.  

• Like 1

• Moderators

Minnesota has more to offer in an SnT deal... But he fits on both teams. Minnesota would be the better opportunity for Sap being a vet. Would consider this offseason a success if we were able to stockpile firsts and take Dieng off of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Minnesota has more to offer in an SnT deal... But he fits on both teams. Minnesota would be the better opportunity for Sap being a vet. Would consider this offseason a success if we were able to stockpile firsts and take Dieng off of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minny has pulled out.  

22 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

If we trade with Denver, then I would like to get Malik Beasley back. I still believe he has more upside than Prince and is buried behind Gary Harris and Jamal Murray. We can steal him hopefully. 

Why so high in Beasley?

Market isnt there for Sap going west and kinda pointless to go over the top for him in the East - even if he goes out there, thing that sucks is he wont compete for a ring which a big reason to send him off along with the money - doesnt also seem there is any reason for a team to SnT with us at this point.  But also means he may not get what he wants and just stay here.  

42 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Excellent pickup by Minny .... he fits their need well ... Saps options has really dwindled to basically Denver.

Gotta think Sap has an offer from DEN that MIN couldnt match which prompted them to go for Gibson. Or they couldn't find teams to take Dieng's contract. Thought DEN was the most likely scenario for Sap prior to free agency and would now be somewhat surprised if he doesn't end up on their team.

42 minutes ago, CP61 said:

Why so high in Beasley?

I thought he had a better freshmen year then Devon Booker with a lot less talent around him at Florida State. He's a better athlete then Booker too and shot just as well. I think he's prefect for Buds system. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ATLien_ said:

I thought he had a better freshmen year then Devon Booker with a lot less talent around him at Florida State. He's a better athlete then Booker too and shot just as well. I think he's prefect for Buds system. 

I wanted him at 21 last year, but I wanted Bembry more. I don't think they'd give us him in a sign and trade. If they are giving a non cash dump asset, I could see it being the restricted rights to Plumlee.

• Like 1

I dont see why a team would go "all in" on MIllsap being in the West if you dont have a super star, its just the same shit we been doing but in the West,  if Denver wants to go down that road fine but how can they not know whats going to happen

2 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

I dont see why a team would go "all in" on MIllsap being in the West if you dont have a super star, its just the same shit we been doing but in the West,  if Denver wants to go down that road fine but how can they not know whats going to happen

Denver just wants to end their playoff drought. Plus they have a super star in the making with Jokic.

5 minutes ago, CP61 said:

I wanted him at 21 last year, but I wanted Bembry more. I don't think they'd give us him in a sign and trade. If they are giving a non cash dump asset, I could see it being the restricted rights to Plumlee.

I had Malik Beasley 1 Caris Levert 2 and Prince 3rd on my board. I was targeting Prince at 21.I really like Prince but I think these other two will be much better scorers and we had a ton of defensive wing role players already. We lacked scoring.