• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So what is the plan?

Alex

These are the Atlanta Hawks at the present time.

Dennis schröder

Kent Bazemore

Taurean Prince

John Collins

Miles Plumlee

Malcolm Delaney

Marco Belinelli

DeAndre Bembry

Schlenk can continue to push a narrative about staying competitive, but the longer his lie goes on the worse he and this franchise look.  If you think the Hawks aren't rebuilding you need to check again.  This roster as constructed is the worst from a talent perspective in the entire league.  

Edited by Alex

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Dennis schröder

Kent Bazemore

Taurean Prince

John Collins

Miles Plumlee

Malcolm Delaney

Marco Belinelli

DeAndre Bembry

Schlenk can continue to push a narrative about staying competitive, but the longer his lie goes on the worse he and this franchise look.  If you think the Hawks aren't rebuilding you need to check again.  This roster as constructed is the worst from a talent perspective in the entire league.  

I don't remember Schlenk stating that we were gearing up for a championship run this year.

• Moderators

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I would say his statement about being competitive is that his direction to Bud will be to take the roster, develop the young players, and win as much as he can.  I can't defend his statement about us not rebuilding unless his only definition for that is a total teardown ala the Sixers (i.e., giving away young players for future picks).

• Like 3

Just now, Peoriabird said:

I don't remember Schlenk stating that we were gearing up for a championship run this year.

He's made it clear the Hawks aren't rebuilding.  I don't expect a big splash in free agency because this tea is far from being relevant, but to sit on your hands and hitch your wagon to Hardaway and Ilyasova by all accounts is laughable.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Alex said:

He's made it clear the Hawks aren't rebuilding.  I don't expect a big splash in free agency because this tea is far from being relevant, but to sit on your hands and hitch your wagon to Hardaway and Ilyasova by all accounts is laughable.  

I think his actions speak louder than his words and it is clear the Hawks are rebuilding.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think his actions speak louder than his words and it is clear the Hawks are rebuilding.

I said that exact thing in another thread.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The plan is to draft an overhyped, underdeveloped 19 year old in every draft for the next 5-6 years in hopes that just one of them pans out.

Can't wait to pay $125 to get my hair cut to see that...

• Like 3

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The plan is to draft an overhyped, underdeveloped 19 year old in every draft for the next 5-6 years in hopes that just one of them pans out.

I've been through along with you and others on this site rebuilds with the Hawks.  This franchise has been mis-managed for many, many years.   I've lost faith in the Atlanta Hawks.  Its sad, but life goes on.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Alex said:

Dennis schröder

Kent Bazemore

Taurean Prince

John Collins

Miles Plumlee

Malcolm Delaney

Marco Belinelli

DeAndre Bembry

When does the actual "building" start?

• Like 2

We are not rebuilding, we are tanking...lol.  How the hell do you raise season ticket prices and then put this high school team on the court? lol

• Like 3

• Premium Member

To the original question...

I think when the guy tells you he aims to be competitive, and he tells you that 30-something wins is "competitive," there's nothing insincere in what he's said in that particular vein. However, this news that he didn't even offer a contract to Sap is a black mark, given his assurances multiple times that he expected to make an offer. That's very disappointing, and I'm not sure how he can defend that.

And more precisely to the original question...

I know there were rumors for awhile last season that we were interested in Noel, so there is some reason to believe we could be making an offer there.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, sturt said:

I know there were rumors for awhile last season that we were interested in Noel, so there is some reason to believe we could be making an offer there.

I wouldn't use anything under Budcox to be an indication of what Schlenk will do.  

8 minutes ago, sturt said:

To the original question...

I think when the guy tells you he aims to be competitive, and he tells you that 30-something wins is "competitive," there's nothing insincere in what he's said in that particular vein. However, this news that he didn't even offer a contract to Sap is a black mark, given his assurances multiple times that he expected to make an offer. That's very disappointing, and I'm not sure how he can defend that.

Noel would just be another bad contract.  Besides the NBA is a league of small, three pointer shooting centers now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

Noel would just be another bad contract.  Besides the NBA is a league of small, three pointer shooting centers now.

Hey, but he was Philly's first pick in their tankathon.  Doesn't that mean he is a superstar talent?

1 hour ago, tonegully said:

We are not rebuilding, we are tanking...lol.  How the hell do you raise season ticket prices and then put this high school team on the court? lol

Miller Grove High would be insulted by that statement. Even they do a better job of asset management...

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Well of course it does.  He's just not as great of a superstar as hoped for.

Philly missed on several of their early picks no doubt.  

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, AHF said:

I wouldn't use anything under Budcox to be an indication of what Schlenk will do.  

Agree generally, but would have agreed a lot more was it not the case that the lone player thus far that Schlenk has signed was, in fact, someone that Bud had on the training camp roster.