• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I don't understand all the doomsday

ATL_BALLER

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, DJlaysitup said:

Wow...I can't believe I just posted that $30 million dollars a year is a good deal for Denver.  Thirty million.  I would have to live almost forever to earn that amount of money.

same here, and yet those guys are still talking like it's their money!

:laugh1:

Like "no way I want Millsap signed for this big a contract! No, no way! NO EFFING WAY! I'd rather lose all the games we could instead of paying the man."

Sad.

49 minutes ago, AHF said:

That 60 win season, we won:

• 60% of games in Oct / Nov,
  • 64% of games in February,
  • 60% of games in March,
  • 57% of games in April
  • and 50% of games in the post-season.

We won 94% of games in December and January.  I think that was playing over our heads in a big way.

So what does that say about Bud as a coach?  

1 hour ago, ATL_BALLER said:

For the first time in a long while, we have:

• Stable, committed ownership
  • A world-class head coach
  • A well-regarded GM who helped architect a dynasty
  • No crippling contracts (Plumlee and Baze are overpaid, but not immovable)
  • A sensible strategy built on flexibility to pounce when the time is right (ala Houston with Harden)
  • Three solid young pieces as a new foundation
  • An end to the 'treadmill' so many here have been begging for

What am I missing?

A well regarded GM who helped architect a dynasty - > FALSE - at best he is an understudy with a good recommendation letter. 

Our new GM, was the assistant to Bob Myers and worked under a guy by the name of Jerry West...So he is a rookie who hopefully learned something before coming to ATL...with that said it's way to early to judge him at this point.

Not offering Millsap anything was disrespectful and his first failure- let's see how he handles the rest of the summer. 

Collins draft pick was good though!

1 hour ago, DJlaysitup said:

We all have opinions...what I saw was a fairly finely tuned team.  I didn't see a "crazy streak"...I saw a team that won 60 games in an 82 game season.  A "Streak" is going 10 for 12 in the middle of the season. 

What I saw was a team that stressed ball movement until after the allstar break where they fell into a couple more wins and "stumbled"(for a 60 win team) their way into the conference finals. The ball movement hasn't been back since but maybe with Bud forced to coach again it will return. It has to if we plan on seeing any success this upcoming year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

That 60 win season, we won:

• 60% of games in Oct / Nov,
  • 64% of games in February,
  • 60% of games in March,
  • 57% of games in April
  • and 50% of games in the post-season.

We won 94% of games in December and January.  I think that was playing over our heads in a big way.

Oh for Goodness sakes AHF...you just made my argument for me.  The percentages of games won (as you show above) are very similar.  Obviously you have a SERIOUS problem with math (my specialty by the way).

What you arte posting is stupid...I have always appreciated you as a solid poster...so please don't post this silly stuff again.

Figures don't lie...but liars figure :laugh:

Yours truly, DJ

36 minutes ago, wolvetigers said:

A well regarded GM who helped architect a dynasty - > FALSE - at best he is an understudy with a good recommendation letter. 

Our new GM, was the assistant to Bob Myers and worked under a guy by the name of Jerry West...So he is a rookie who hopefully learned something before coming to ATL...with that said it's way to early to judge him at this point.

Not offering Millsap anything was disrespectful and his first failure- let's see how he handles the rest of the summer. 

Collins draft pick was good though!

Yeah, and it's a good thing Slinky blinded all the other GMs so that they let him slip through the cracks.  That Slinky, he's awesome.

Edited by Watchman

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, DJlaysitup said:

Oh for Goodness sakes AHF...you just made my argument for me.  The percentages of games won (as you show above) are very similar.  Obviously you have a SERIOUS problem with math (my specialty by the way).

What you arte posting is stupid...I have always appreciated you as a solid poster...so please don't post this silly stuff again.

Figures don't lie...but liars figure :laugh:

Yours truly, DJ

The next season we won 58.5% of games.  So I'm saying the overall 2014-15 winning % of 73% was never sustainable.  The 60-65% the rest of the season and 50% in the playoffs tells the story that the team wasn't truly the elite group that we might have hoped would win a ring.

I think for Bud that speaks to him getting maximum performance out of the team that year.

Lmao. I can understand every opinion on here on the Hawks, Bud, Ressler and the players but come on what a bunch of miserable pessimistic people are you to judge Schlenk after 2 weeks of work. Yall guys would sit on the street searching in the rubbish for some leftover food if your boss would be that judgmental. 

What's he supposed to do?

Hes exactly doing what a GM should do if a team has a history with 10 years of mediocrity. He starts from the beginning. First thing is to get D8 god awful contract outta town for more moveable contracts and save some capspace on the way. No emotions towards the players. Next thing is don't secure our mediocrity trough paying Sap what he deserves. No emotions again in the decisionmaking. Now search for guys with good value as for example Reed. 

Hes not to blame that we didn't trade Sap earlier when he still would have given us assets in return. 

Hes not to blame that we signed a horrible fit in Dwight. 

Hes not to blame that we have to lowball on contracts because we payed Kent effin Bazemore 17Mil per year. 

Hes doing what he's gotta do. No emotions. Pure business. Right direction. New beginning.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

I don't think it's you that is missing something. Unfortunately a lot of people aren't truly happy unless they can wallow in misery with others... even if they're having to invent reasons to be miserable. And this is why free agents don't want to come to Atlanta because they know that fans won't support them unless they're the best team in the league.

Precisely why I coined them "The Miserable Ones" ;)

3 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

I don't think it's you that is missing something. Unfortunately a lot of people aren't truly happy unless they can wallow in misery with others... even if they're having to invent reasons to be miserable. And this is why free agents don't want to come to Atlanta because they know that fans won't support them unless they're the best team in the league.

Quite the contrary.  Players won't come here because they know the team will not support them with winning teammates.

2 minutes ago, hazer said:

Precisely why I coined them "The Miserable Ones" ;)

Wow.  Victor Hugo posting here.  Whaddya know?

• Premium Member

The whining is already tired. Intelligent adults recognize there are no shortcuts and there is no automatic formula and that luck is totally important to the end pursuit. Some should slit their wrists already (figuratively speaking, of course), and be done with it.

• Like 2