• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sap-Related 3 way Sign-and-trade OFFICIAL (Updated)

GrimeyKidd

3 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Everybody didn't hate the Shelden pick at the time ?

I didn't love it, but I did support it over choosing Brandon Roy ( because he and JJ played the same position ).    Shelden was the player that we needed.  We needed a guy that could play in the middle and anchor the defense.  We already had 3 SF's and JJ at guard.  There's no reason why his skills as a rebounder, defender, and low post banger shouldn't have transferred to the NBA level.  But it because obvious that his lack of athleticism and vertical size would be his downfall, if he were to play at center and against bigger players.

Interesting overview of Shellhead's career

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Shelden-Williams-18/

Just now, Hotlanta1981 said:

Why would we do this deal if we don't get anything in return?

Don't know...then again I'm not sure if Aldridge was correct on that. He's made mistakes lately like any human

4 minutes ago, phoostal said:

If this is the case should have let milsap walk, without taking back a guy that doesn't want to be here and wants a buy out

I hope this just a mistake cause then the trade makes no sense for us 

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

Don't know...then again I'm not sure if Aldridge was correct on that. He's made mistakes lately like any human

I hope this just a mistake cause then the trade makes no sense for us 

Schlenk is focused on Diamond Stone.  The pick and Jamal are secondary.  That's what he wants.   Diamond is probably a guy that he identified at Golden State, so he wants to bring him here.  If he has to buy out Jamal to get Diamond and the pick, that's what he'll do.

LOL . . now whether we agree with that, is a different story.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Schlenk is focused on Diamond Stone.  The pick and Jamal are secondary.  That's what he wants.   Diamond is probably a guy that he identified at Golden State, so he wants to bring him here.  If he has to buy out Jamal to get Diamond and the pick, that's what he'll do.

Some minor league scrub? It seems like Schlenk should be focusing on a bigger picture and not some minor league bum. If there is no pick coming this way... This "deal" is just stupid. Just another cause of helping other teams while doing nothing for this team.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Some minor league scrub? It seems like Schlenk should be focusing on a bigger picture and not some minor league bum. If there is no pick coming this way... This "deal" is just stupid. Just another cause of helping other teams while doing nothing for this team.

Here we go again with criticism without having fact... I guess that's what Atlanta fans do.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Here we go again with criticism without having fact... I guess that's what Atlanta fans do.

When you have a franchise that rarely does anything ground breaking and looks to be thrifty at every turn you start to expect everything to be small. This isn't a franchise with large ambitions you know.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Aldridge said we weren't getting the pick...that's what I'm concerned about 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

It's starting to seem like this deal might be pointless from the Hawks end.

Because of the second round pick?

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

When you have a franchise that rarely does anything ground breaking and looks to be thrifty at every turn you start to expect everything to be small. This isn't a franchise with large ambitions you know.

Its still not a great idea to jump to conclusions without facts.  Just saying

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, phoostal said:

No because we aren't getting a first round pick

Is that determined yet or is it still going back and forth?

Just now, cam1218 said:

Is that determined yet or is it still going back and forth?

I don't believe so...I heard Aldridge not even mention a pick but if it's a second rd pick we're getting this trade is still a waste of time 

11 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

But that IS his bigger picture.  If he wants to field a team that is "competitive", but not good enough to win, a scrub like Diamond is the perfect player to add to the team.  

I would bet $5 that if the pic isn't included, that he'll still make the deal.  The pic isn't the deal breaker.  He wants Diamond.  When he comes here, watch how Schlenk gushes all about that kid.

5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

So, the pick is included.

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

But that IS his bigger picture.  If he wants to field a team that is "competitive", but not good enough to win, a scrub like Diamond is the perfect player to add to the team.  

I would bet $5 that if the pic isn't included, that he'll still make the deal.  The pic isn't the deal breaker.  He wants Diamond.  When he comes here, watch how Schlenk gushes all about that kid.

These are the kind of players you feature when you want to lose badly. lol

• Like 1