• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where the Heck is Coach Bud??

Blunt91

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwks said:

I’ll give you that.

Rebounding. Hmmmmm. Weren’t we the ninth best rebounding team this past season? We used to be a bottom rebounding team in prior seasons for no other reason than employing the same guy that destroyed Boston’s rebounding statics. Bud even made a joke about it. And so we had to adjust by running back in transition to prevent the outlet pass and easy transition buckets.

But with Dwight on board, I couldn’t really complain about out rebounding though. That wasn’t the biggest problem. Searching for those offensive rebounds did kill us though in those first two games vs wizards until we sat Dwight and went back to that old defensive strategy

Maybe you didn't watch the playoffs..Bud benched Howard in the 4th in every game in favor of Muscala which led to layup drills and offensive rebound to the opposition while Humphries rotted on the bench. By the way, where is Howard now?

2 hours ago, sturt said:

BUD SIGHTING!!!

Was beginning to wonder if he was in Vegas at all. But he's sitting with Ressler today. Suppose that's a good sign.

Eavesdropping on the conversation:

Slinky:   Bud, you may sit here, but you may not look me in the eyes.  Do not speak to me unless I speak to you first.

Bud:     Yes, my master.

Slinky:   You must sit one row lower than my row.  You must bow when I stand and kiss my ring.

Bud:      Yes my master.

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

And to make matters worse, they had Howard working on shooting threes this summer before he was traded for garbage which would have taken him out of the paint much like what happened to Horford.

Howard said he wanted to work on shooting threes himself and wasn't prompted to do it. Sorry, but his mind is in the wrong place and he didn't understand what was wrong with him. It's GOOD he's gone.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Howard said he wanted to work on shooting threes himself and wasn't prompted to do it. Sorry, but his mind is in the wrong place and he didn't understand what was wrong with him. It's GOOD he's gone.

So why now? He hadn't worked on threes his entire career with other teams but he comes to the Hawks after 1 year and the decides to work on threes and it has nothing to wityh the Hawks? And after being traded he abandons the idea and state he will get back to being Haward with the Bobcat! Y'all some terrible defense lawyers!

• Premium Member

Now they are trying to get to Collins...before dude has a chance to play 1 summer league game, he was instructed to work on 3's!!!! If that isn't ramming your philosophy down someone's throat, I don't know what it looks like then

Lets just accept Dwight is a Charlotte issue now and move the frack on. We have more than enough to deal with and worry about with our lack of a ten man rotation.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Lets just accept Dwight is a Charlotte issue now and move the frack on. We have more than enough to deal with and worry about with our lack of a ten man rotation.  

I'm not talking about dwight...I just used him as an example of bad coaching which is now extended to Collins...they didn't publically tell Collins to work on his defense or rebounding, they publically told him on draft night to work on 3's before 1 practice. What coach does that?

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

I'm not ta long about dwight...I just used him as an example of bad coaching which is now extended to Collins...they didn't publicly tell Collins to work on his defense or rebounding, they publically told him on draft night to work on 3's before 1 practice. What coach does that?

But if you ever mention that name you know ears are pricked up and threads are just gonna be ruined, right? 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

But if you ever mention that name you know ears are pricked up and threads are just gonna be ruined, right? 

You're right...but get my point about Bud don't you. Thank goodness Collins is too mature to start launching a bunch of 3's in summer league but d-mn am I frustrated. Then you get wind that Bud wanted Kelly back? How do you guys cope with this nonsense?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I'm not talking about dwight...I just used him as an example of bad coaching which is now extended to Collins...they didn't publically tell Collins to work on his defense or rebounding, they publically told him on draft night to work on 3's before 1 practice. What coach does that?

You are pathetic

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

You're right...but get my point about Bud don't you. Thank goodness Collins is too mature to start launching a bunch of 3's in summer league but d-mn am I frustrated. Then you get wind that Bud wanted Kelly back? How do you guys cope with this nonsense?

Its our system right now that dictates this stretch stuff so we could blame Pop as well if we don't like that philosophy. I personally will be fine if Collins continues to eat glass and gives us second chance shots but the inevitable thing is his range will increase whether its our system or not. Understand the frustration of him not being close to the paint on O but SL is a better place to experiment than his rookie regular season games coming up. Don't think he will be firing more than one or two threes a game this year.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

And Dwight trying to be the old Dwight is going to make Kemba angry, I guarantee it.

There is no need to mention Dwight. I will get nasty if you do because I think the today version of him sucks. Period.

This isn't a Dwight thread.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This isn't a Dwight thread.

You make it about Dwight when you talk about him. Every single time Dwight is mentioned, if I feel like it, I will be nasty about him.

Dwight Howard doesn't fit today's NBA. Period. End of story.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Lurker said:

You make it about Dwight when you talk about him. Every single time Dwight is mentioned, if I feel like it, I will be nasty about him.

Dwight Howard doesn't fit today's NBA. Period. End of story.

Talk to a therapist soon please...I mentioned Dwight along with other players but it's a Bud thread...read the title!

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Dwight will make every coach in the NBA look bad.

I don't know how to put this gently but nobody cares but you..We are Hawk fans not Dwight cheer leaders or haters. He is off the team and isn't our focus a anymore. I hope that clears the air so can we move on?

• Like 1