OH MY GOOOODDDDNNESSSSS

TheNorthCydeRises

3 hours ago, thecampster said:

Go through the list of current NBA PF/SF's and you'll find 100 that Josh is still better than.  The real issue is Josh has had knee problems for a few years and the NBA is a non-stop grind. No rest for the joints. His knees won't hold up anymore if he's expected to be a leaper. This is the reason he was trying to change his game.  He left Sichuan last year as his mobility decreased and his minutes tightened.  From his wikipedia page.

Sichuan Blue Whales (2016–2017)[edit]

On November 8, 2016, Smith signed a three-month, $1.5+ million contract with the Sichuan Blue Whales of the Chinese Basketball Association.[30] In his second game for Sichuan on November 16, 2016, Smith recorded 41 points, 19 rebounds, five blocks in a loss to Guangdong Southern Tigers. In the game, he shot 7-of-18 from three-point range.[31] He left the team in late January 2017, and in 26 games, he averaged 18.8 points, 10.6 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 2.0 blocks in 29.5 minutes per game while making only one start.[32]

People do not realize the toll your knees take when you are jumping that high. Its a 3 foot drop every time, hundreds, thousands of times over. Vince Carter recently talked about how pain full it is to land as you age.

5 hours ago, bleachkit said:

People do not realize the toll your knees take when you are jumping that high. Its a 3 foot drop every time, hundreds, thousands of times over. Vince Carter recently talked about how pain full it is to land as you age.

Try landing into crap terrain in total darkness with hundreds of pounds of gear strapped to your body as you hit the ground at a rate of roughly 20' per second. Then gather all your crap up and very quickly walk miles to your objective. I certainly feel his pain! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bankingitbig said:

NBA Twitter getting in on the John Collins love

Two minutes and twenty seconds of dunks from 4 games. John the Baptist is already my favorite player. 

Edited by CP61
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, KB21 said:

His defense still needs work, but he is showing quick feet and the lateral agility to be a strong defender...I only wish he had Paul around to teach him the game and help him learn the ropes of playing power forward in the NBA.

True.  I like how he crowds offensive paint players and stays down knowing he has the springs and ball skills to snatch contested rebounds.  Sap wasn't very vocal.  Ham should be able to help him a lot after Manning did a hell of a job in 2 years.

11 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Josh Smith was a pretty decent passer too. He had a few triple doubles.

Damn good passer.  That hi-lo with Al was damn near unstoppable after TOs and Kyle was surprisingly impressed with how accurate he was with catch and shoot passes.  Always right in the "shooting pocket" as they say.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

So who doesn't want this kid to start over Ersan? I want this kid running free from day one.

I got a man-crush on the kid but I wouldn't go that far.  Let him earn it.  Hell, let Ersan earn his next deal.  Let's get a nice start with his experience and craftiness.  Collins versus second string players won't look too different from what we're seeing now.  Versus starters not so much.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I'm really impressed with the kid, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. He's dominationg inferior players which is very good, but starting him day 1 wouldn't be very wise. You don't want rookies to get cocky and full of themselves as soon as they enter the league. Let him learn from the vets first.

Schlenk stunk up the joint by letting Paul go, but at least he drafted well. Of course it was a no-brainer, Collins was supposed to go way earlier, but Schlenk deserves credit for the pick. The kid looks like he's got it.

On 7/12/2017 at 11:54 PM, Dolfan23 said:

And let us not forget the 2005 slam dunk championship when HE BROUGHT THE PAC BACK! Seriously we may not have the Pac back as our logo now if Josh hadn't put on that Nique jersey and had the whole NBA kingdom buzzing. 

i do like this win...great stuff

unfortunately it seemed like this was the worst thing that could happen to any humility he might have had up to this point

started drinking his own Koolaid hard lol

ah well :p

Go Hawks!