• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OH MY GOOOODDDDNNESSSSS

TheNorthCydeRises

2 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

its kind of sad watching the Josh Smith highlights. he should have went to college for one year. The skill and ability was there.  Funny though because he would probably be getting a max contract if he was in his prime today.

Maybe we can bring Josh in to mentor Collins on being the next 3 point shorty. Will let Bud and Josh be co mentors. John you wasting time on that big man ish, you want to shoot that 3 pointer like your boy J-Smoove. 

In all seriousness though why isn't Josh on a NBA roster? He's not that old; has he been black listed? How can Ryan Kelly and Muscala make a roster and not Josh? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ATLien_ said:

In all seriousness though why isn't Josh on a NBA roster? He's not that old; has he been black listed? How can Ryan Kelly and Muscala make a roster and not Josh? 

1. He can't shoot , but does it anyway.

2. He's no longer the freakish athlete he once was. 

3. Politics...

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, pimp said:

1. He can't shoot , but does it anyway.

2. He's no longer the freakish athlete he once was. 

3. Politics...

Go through the list of current NBA PF/SF's and you'll find 100 that Josh is still better than.  The real issue is Josh has had knee problems for a few years and the NBA is a non-stop grind. No rest for the joints. His knees won't hold up anymore if he's expected to be a leaper. This is the reason he was trying to change his game.  He left Sichuan last year as his mobility decreased and his minutes tightened.  From his wikipedia page.

Sichuan Blue Whales (2016–2017)[edit]

On November 8, 2016, Smith signed a three-month, $1.5+ million contract with the Sichuan Blue Whales of the Chinese Basketball Association.[30] In his second game for Sichuan on November 16, 2016, Smith recorded 41 points, 19 rebounds, five blocks in a loss to Guangdong Southern Tigers. In the game, he shot 7-of-18 from three-point range.[31] He left the team in late January 2017, and in 26 games, he averaged 18.8 points, 10.6 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 2.0 blocks in 29.5 minutes per game while making only one start.[32]

• Like 2

Disheartened by the loss in a tournament setting. But JC may be special. Dude is young as the Balls and Fox's in the draft. His potential fits along those two age wise with two years of ACC polish. 

Can't let yall take a shot JS like that. He had the Spirit group or Mcdavid structure in place that hired Woodson. I think Time Warner actually hired him but he didn't have the best structure. 

But back to the future is Collins, Prince, Bembry, and Dennis. This quartet may possibly have more potential than the BK teams. I want all the young guys productive but tank just enough for a top 4 pick. Without any doubt there's  a good 3 teams that will have a poorer record, if not more.   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Not to take away from Collins, but let's not pretend Josh didn't have some nasty posters. I remember him DESTROYING Ibaka one time at Phillips. I was there and sitting right behind the goal when he did it.

And let us not forget the 2005 slam dunk championship when HE BROUGHT THE PAC BACK! Seriously we may not have the Pac back as our logo now if Josh hadn't put on that Nique jersey and had the whole NBA kingdom buzzing. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ATLien_ said:

Man Smoove still got it :ahf:. I can hear stinger saying "jump shooter in the house Bob" Then Nique chips in with that's a heat check Bob. 

Can't hate on him hitting nearly 40% from 3 on 17 attempts though. 

• Like 3