• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign SF Luke Babbitt

GrimeyKidd

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Babbitt has experience but I'd of rather had Clark even if he cost a little more. All these one year deals are just rentals though. Re-appraise next season and go from there.

As I said in a previous post, I will be watching the Hawks on league pass to see how our young team develops with Dennis leading the way. Dennis our best starting Vet this year, who would have ever thought that one?

We still have one spot left for a PG.

Might be the best spot up 3pt shooter in the league.

This team may lead the league in 3pt shot attempts 

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GameTime said:

We still have one spot left for a PG.

Might be the best spout up 3pt shooter in the league.

This team may lead the league in 3pt shot attempts 

I want to watch Dennis, Prince, Bembry, Collins; then maybe Baze and Dedmon. Everyone else is filler to me right now.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE...

Maybe this is Bud and Company trying to find Lightning in a Bottle.  Is Babbit not much different than Kyle Korver when we picked him up?  Supposedly one-dimensional, but very good at shooting.   Maybe this is the necessary piece to Bud's plan.  Maybe Bud is saying with Babbit, Dennis, and Prince, I can take us back to 60 wins... in the next 2 seasons like I did with Korver, Sap, and DMC.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE...

Maybe this is Bud and Company trying to find Lightning in a Bottle.  Is Babbit not much different than Kyle Korver when we picked him up?  Supposedly one-dimensional, but very good at shooting.   Maybe this is the necessary piece to Bud's plan.  Maybe Bud is saying with Babbit, Dennis, and Prince, I can take us back to 60 wins... in the next 2 seasons like I did with Korver, Sap, and DMC.

We are missing two ready made all stars in Sap and Horford but it is still an entertaining post.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

He's more like a slightly huskier version of Mike Dunleavy, I think. He's used to playing more PF than Dunleavy, but they have similar frames.

2017-08-04_1625.png

That was his Heat profile, and here are the two previous years with the Pels...

2017-08-04_1623.png

2017-08-04_1624.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE...

Korver had averaged as many as 14 points per game over the course of a season prior to coming to Atlanta.  He also had numerous seasons playing starter minutes - 30+ minutes a night.  Babbit, on the other hand, has a career high of 7 pts per game and has never averaged as many as 20 minutes a night.  So yes, no different . . .

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, DBac said:

He shoots well from 3. Maybe they can dupe somebody to trading for him at the deadline.

I think you may be on to something there. Especially good trade bait if, as reported, the deal is only a one-year minimum thing.

7 minutes ago, DBac said:

He shoots well from 3. Maybe they can dupe somebody to trading for him at the deadline.

Maybe we can dupe Bron into trading us Kyrie for Schröder and 9 million in 3pt shot filler.

8 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Is Babbitt that much worse than Ryan Anderson?

No, he is just bench filler man. Neither are different from the other. Babbitt may be better than Anderson but it really does not matter; neither are important pieces. One could argue, we should have signed Anderson if he would have helped us lose a few more games vs Babbitt maybe helping us win a few more games.

Neither will get us to the playoffs or is part of our rebuilding future is the point though.

• Premium Member

To @DBac's point, remember we cashed in Korver for a good rebuild asset.

Babbitt's younger and cheaper.... and his stats may look even a little better b/c of the potential additional minutes on a non-contending team.

I'm coming around to thinking this could be a smart move after all.