FINALLY. Bud says what some have been waiting to hear since June

sturt

Yeah I truly do believe bud is 100% behind this rebuild....what I don’t believe is that he’s 100% behind waiting a long extended time getting back to the playoffs with the young group before he gets fed up and that’s the scary part of this whole thing.

i can see us not getting to the playoffs this year or next and bud will be fine but not getting there in Schlenks 4th year , bud may get fed up and want out

• Like 1

Bud already has one leg out the door.   The article even states that he was trying to convince the powers the be to resign Paul even up through the draft.  I think it is pretty clear that he's not 100% on board with this.  He's the one that is the most effected by the shitty roster Schlenk has put on the floor.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Bud already has one leg out the door.   The article even states that he was trying to convince the powers the be to resign Paul even up through the draft.  I think it is pretty clear that he's not 100% on board with this.  He's the one that is the most effected by the shitty roster Schlenk has put on the floor.

Still doesn't make it not his fault for Malcolm Delaney.

Delaney is not on the team if Bud doesn't agree to sign him, and then gives him his vote of confidence.

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I'm just stating the truth of the situation.  Nothing good comes out of tanking.  

I was too when we were middle of the pack. I'll rather be here at the bottom. To me, it's tank or contend and if you aren't contending, you are clearly on the road to contending. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I'm just stating the truth of the situation.  Nothing good comes out of tanking.  

That’s an opinion, not a truth...

• Like 3

In neither case did the team's tank their entire season.  Cleveland was just bad after LeBron left, and they continued to be bad despite the #1 picks.  They would still be bad if LeBron had not had sentimentality for them and gone back home.

The Warriors were bad for 15 years before they become good.  That was not a relevant franchise between the Run TMC days and the start of the Curry days.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

In neither case did the team's tank their entire season.  Cleveland was just bad after LeBron left, and they continued to be bad despite the #1 picks.  They would still be bad if LeBron had not had sentimentality for them and gone back home.

The Warriors were bad for 15 years before they become good.  That was not a relevant franchise between the Run TMC days and the start of the Curry days.

Golden State was in the West. We had some clear miss the playoff type squads and make the playoffs due to the weak ass East. You don't have to tank in the West and get the #5 pick like Portland and pair him with Aldridge. Sadly, that's not the case in the East. We had no other option especially once Horford left. Truth is, Giannis going to Milwaukee and not us was the official end of our era. Regardless of the 60 win season. 

This year, we could have a squad of

Dennis or Teague

Korver or whoever

Giannis

Sap

Horford

That's a contender for the NBA title. Sadly, we didn't get him and now we are rebuilding. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Don't get me wrong. I've been a chief skeptic on this front. Go back and review the suspicious Bud-less Schlenk intro presser... I was leading that band for days if not weeks after.

I just don't know how you possibly reach that conclusion having just read the quotes that we just read.

To get that, you seemingly have to be advancing the theory that Bud is prepared to straight-up, bold-faced lie.

Everyone is subject to mislead, but Bud is among the straightest talkers I've seen. He would rather give you a non-answer than to say what these words say... and that's just it... until now, he was seeming to not entertain those kinds of questions.

I now think Bud is here for awhile. My fears that maybe we would have been better to just go ahead and make a coaching change last summer are now rendered impotent.

Why didn't he say this already, though?

I don't know, but seems the most likely theory is that he did, indeed, need some time to process it all.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

They didn't tank their entire season just like the Hawks aren't tanking their entire season.  You are splitting hairs trying to pretend championship teams don't fall into the 20-some wins (and sometimes lower) on their way to a ring.  Cleveland was trying so very hard to win when they won 19, 21 and 24 games 3 seasons in a row.  GS didn't ditch talented players so they could rebuild around their young players and get high picks.  LMAO  Any distinction you are trying to draw is a distinction without a difference.

The Hawks are clearly tanking the entire season.  They did nothing to build a competitive roster at all.   You are trying to tell my that I an trying to draw a distinction without a difference when you are also telling me that there is a difference in what Philadelphia did with their tank and what Atlanta is doing with their tank job.

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The Hawks are clearly tanking the entire season.  They did nothing to build a competitive roster at all.   You are trying to tell my that I an trying to draw a distinction without a difference when you are also telling me that there is a difference in what Philadelphia did with their tank and what Atlanta is doing with their tank job.

They are competitive. They are competitively losing. Nothing wrong with that when you need studs. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

CLEVELAND DID NOTHING TO BUILD A COMPETITIVE ROSTER FOR YEARS.  YOU CAN'T CLAIM THEY TRIED TO BE COMPETITIVE BUT ATLANTA ISN'T.  GS got rid of talented players in order to suck and get more lottery talent.  Schlenk is expressly trying to recreate their build.  You are doing this deliberately.

(What neither of those teams did was give away their young talent with untapped upside like Philly did and Atlanta didn't.)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AHF said:

(What neither of those teams did was give away their young talent with untapped upside like Philly did and Atlanta didn't.)

Ding ding ding.

Class is dismissed. You absolutely CANNOT say that the Hawks are doing the Philly tank plan until you see young players get traded.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They are competitive. They are competitively losing. Nothing wrong with that when you need studs. 

Except for the fact that you are losing to get a high draft pick in an era were no studs are being drafted high.

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

CLEVELAND DID NOTHING TO BUILD A COMPETITIVE ROSTER FOR YEARS.  YOU CAN'T CLAIM THEY TRIED TO BE COMPETITIVE BUT ATLANTA ISN'T.  GS got rid of talented players in order to suck and get more lottery talent.  Schlenk is expressly trying to recreate their build.  You are doing this deliberately.

Again, trying to make the distinction between two teams who intentionally built shitty rosters to get a high draft pick.

Oh, and Cleveland tried, but the draft just cannot supply the talent needed to turn around a crappy team.