• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FINALLY. Bud says what some have been waiting to hear since June

sturt

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, marco102 said:

Give me next week's lottery numbers since you can see the future or give your sources out of the Atlanta Hawks Organization that say this and don't give me this statistical crap that you've been spewing for the last few months either about tanking teams. 

Show me the damn receipts!! :laugh:

Why you guys continue to humor him with responses continues to baffle me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Why you guys continue to humor him with responses continues to baffle me.

I don’t even see what he posts now, so it doesn’t smell like a dead horse around here for me anymore. Ahhhhhhh

• Like 1

The Hawks were tied or led in the 4th quarter in 8 of their 12 losses. They are much closer than some think. Hit 1 lottery home run, make 1 savvy trade or FA signing for a star (Klay?), add that to Menace/Printz/Baptist, and they’re in the playoffs in 2019. With a much higher ceiling than 1st and 2nd round exits for the next decade.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, hazer said:

The Hawks were tied or led in the 4th quarter in 8 of their 12 losses. They are much closer than some think. Hit 1 lottery home run, make 1 savvy trade or FA signing for a star (Klay?), add that to Menace/Printz/Baptist, and they’re in the playoffs in 2019. With a much higher ceiling than 1st and 2nd round exits for the next decade.

trre.gif

20 hours ago, hazer said:

With a very small about of doubt I do believe our future starting SG/wing is in this draft coming up and if we have any reasonable luck with draft position we have the other big we will need with the very first pick. The future starting five would be here unless we seriously nail additional picks in the following drafts which may be too much to expect but just the same, you know. As you said, we are closer than some think or at the least, not so far off. 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2017 at 11:58 AM, hazer said:

I don't know if we are that close but I know we do things the right way, we got vets, and we play hard but the lack of talent makes it really hard to win games in this league. 

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

I affirmatively don't think we are that close.  I expect it to be a few years.

At least you realize this.  I'll give you that.  The decision made this off season will definitely cause the Hawks to suffer through years of losing.  Too many on here believe that the Hawks are going to get the #1 pick and land the magical unicorn player who is going to lead them back to the playoffs in 2019 and ultimately the championship within a short period of time.

I see it as this lottery pick will be a player that will take at least 3 years to just get to the point where he can play good basketball on the floor in the NBA, and probably another 3 years to hit his peak.  Then the lottery pick in 2019 will be the same.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I affirmatively don't think we are that close.  I expect it to be a few years.

When I say close, I’m speaking of the 2019-2020 season. Just meaning 3 years, not 5+ like some are claiming.