• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FINALLY. Bud says what some have been waiting to hear since June

sturt

Bud finally said what he was expected to say.  I doubt that he really believes that, but he wants to coach.  Therefore, he commends the tank architect.  Losing is taking a toll on him, and you can see the players giving up now. 

I believe the odds are good he will be terminated this off season, if not sooner.  Loser GMs are notorious for blaming their coaches for not excelling with garbage players. 

However, Pops will probably retire within the next few years, and so Bud goes back to the Spurs. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Bud finally said what he was expected to say.  I doubt that he really believes that, but he wants to coach.  Therefore, he commends the tank architect.  Losing is taking a toll on him, and you can see the players giving up now. 

I believe the odds are good he will be terminated this off season, if not sooner.  Loser GMs are notorious for blaming their coaches for not excelling with garbage players. 

However, Pops will probably retire within the next few years, and so Bud goes back to the Spurs. 

What's sad is that some fans will buy into it.  They will believe that Bud is the reason for the shitty season, and that he should be replaced.  Heck, they have bought into the idea that tanking is a good thing.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Bud should not be blamed for a bad record.  That is obvious.  If he is run off, it won't be because of our record.   It will just be the GM wanting "his" guy.  Risk of rebuilding in the lottery is Bud will opt out.

What's sad is that some fans will buy into it.  They will believe that Bud is the reason for the shitty season, and that he should be replaced.  Heck, they have bought into the idea that tanking is a good thing.

Who are these mystery fans? We've got one of the worst rosters in the NBA. Anybody with eyes can see why we're losing fans. You should be happy at least we're competing in the games while doing so. The Pelicans game was perfect for what we want to do. Young players contributed well, we built a lead against a superior team, and we loss in the final seconds. This season still reflects positively on Coach Bud.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Who are these mystery fans? We've got one of the worst rosters in the NBA. Anybody with eyes can see why we're losing fans. You should be happy at least we're competing in the games while doing so. The Pelicans game was perfect for what we want to do. Young players contributed well, we built a lead against a superior team, and we loss in the final seconds. This season still reflects positively on Coach Bud.

Wait and see.  

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Wait and see.  

I expect the people who are critical of Bud are the same people who were critical of Bud when we were a playoff team.  We'll see it in real time on this site.

• Like 2

Bud is not a replaceable coach and Schlenk knows that. It won’t be Schlenk decision if bud walks after his contract is up. I’m sure Schlenk knows and truly believes bud is highly considered a top 6 coach in the nba

if we lose bud we will take major steps back as an organization to a point where this tanking shit won’t even matter . Buds too proven in the development department and Schlenk should be very willing to offer him top dollar if bud does feel he should go to another team.

as for the fans that believe mark Jackson is our next coach that’s extremely silly. Jackson was fired due to his heavy isolation offense for a coach who brought in a spurs type offense in Kerr. so believing mark Jackson is our next coach doesn’t make a lot of sense being that Schlenk was claimed to be in on every decision made in golden state. It’d be a complete reverse for Schlenk to hire ANY iso heavy offense type coach like mark Jackson, mike Woodson, mike brown,Nate McMillan, etc.....Schlenk just came from an organization that showed that ball and player movement is extremely important even when you have star talent . So for those reasons it’s hard to believe mark Jackson is even a consideration if bud does leave.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Bud is not a replaceable coach and Schlenk knows that. It won’t be Schlenk decision if bud walks after his contract is up. I’m sure Schlenk knows and truly believes bud is highly considered a top 6 coach in the nba

if we lose bud we will take major steps back as an organization to a point where this tanking shit won’t even matter . Buds too proven in the development department and Schlenk should be very willing to offer him top dollar if bud does feel he should go to another team.

as for the fans that believe mark Jackson is our next coach that’s extremely silly. Jackson was fired due to his heavy isolation offense for a coach who brought in a spurs type offense in Kerr. so believing mark Jackson is our next coach doesn’t make a lot of sense being that Schlenk was claimed to be in on every decision made in golden state. It’d be a complete reverse for Schlenk to hire ANY iso heavy offense type coach like mark Jackson, mike Woodson, mike brown,Nate McMillan, etc.....Schlenk just came from an organization that showed that ball and player movement is extremely important even when you have star talent . So for those reasons it’s hard to believe mark Jackson is even a consideration if bud does leave.

To add to this...if Schlenk is seriously considering any of these previous heavy isolation coaches it will probably be mike brown since he’s been on golden states coaching staff the past two years and Schlenk will probably believe he has learned enough of the ball moving spurs like offense to bring it to the hawks.

Now again I highly doubt Schlenk pushes bud out the door but if it does happen though I’d give it a 0 percent chance...mike brown will probably be one of the options unfortunately. But believe me!...When I say although brown has been an assistant coach for Kerr, I don’t believe he knows shit about ball and player movement or any spurs like offense whatsoever . 

Hes never displayed any type of good team offense as a head coach anywhere he’s been a head coach. Defense I will give him props but offensively he hasn’t shown any ability to develop players or involve the whole team therefore though he’d come from golden state he’d still be an awful head coach to takeover for bud.

10 minutes ago, JTB said:

To add to this...if Schlenk is seriously considering any of these previous heavy isolation coaches it will probably be mike brown since he’s been on golden states coaching staff the past two years and Schlenk will probably believe he has learned enough of the ball moving spurs like offense to bring it to the hawks.

Now again I highly doubt Schlenk pushes bud out the door but if it does happen though I’d give it a 0 percent chance...mike brown will probably be one of the options unfortunately. But believe me!...When I say although brown has been an assistant coach for Kerr, I don’t believe he knows shit about ball and player movement or any spurs like offense whatsoever . 

Hes never displayed any type of good team offense as a head coach anywhere he’s been a head coach. Defense I will give him props but offensively he hasn’t shown any ability to develop players or involve the whole team therefore though he’d come from golden state he’d still be an awful head coach to takeover for bud.

There's potential that I can finally reach you and make you realize how bad tanking is.

2-star-wars-quotes.gif

46 minutes ago, KB21 said:

There's potential that I can finally reach you and make you realize how bad tanking is.

2-star-wars-quotes.gif

You keep forgetting that I'm NOT one of the posters that love tanking. Im one of the few that are in between. Im not for tanking....I understand it and I can get behind it for just a year to see if any good come out of it but thats about it.

On the flip side since this is the path Schlenk decided to take I see no reason in being all mad this year...Im willing to give it a chance and if it don't work out I will just b*tch about it next season. However Im going to be realistic on what I complain about.

Im not going to complain about not making the playoffs as much next year but more so on where the development is with our new young core and if they actually have potential or not.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The only fear I have with Bud is Pops retiring and the SA front office offering the job to Bud. I absolutely think he would take it and I couldn't blame him.

Thought about this too and thats honestly the real threat of this whole thing. I think its a top priority for schlenk to up Buds pay. Im not sure where bud is on his contract but if it can be extended for top money it need to happen asap.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JTB said:

You keep forgetting that I'm not one of the posters that do NOT love tanking. Im one of the few that are in between. Im not for tanking....I understand it and I can get behind it for just a year to see if any good come out of it but thats about it.

On the flip side since this is the path Schlenk decided to take I see no reason in being all mad this year...Im willing to give it a chance and if it don't work out I will just b*tch about it next season. However Im going to be realistic on what I complain about.

Im not going to complain about not making the playoffs as much next year but more so on where the development is with our new young core and if they actually have potential or not.

And as I have said before, the flaw in your thinking is the thought that the tanking is just for one year.  This team is going to win fewer than 15 games this year.  Do you think adding some 19 year old one and done prospect is going to make them that much better next year?  It's not.  This team is going to suck ass again next year, likely winning fewer than 20 games again, only to add another 19 year old that can't help them win now.

Just now, KB21 said:

And as I have said before, the flaw in your thinking is the thought that the tanking is just for one year.  This team is going to win fewer than 15 games this year.  Do you think adding some 19 year old one and done prospect is going to make them that much better next year?  It's not.  This team is going to suck ass again next year, likely winning fewer than 20 games again, only to add another 19 year old that can't help them win now.

as i have already stated:

You fail to realize its about what the new young core show in terms of potential for the future next season....its about them trying to win games  next season and not tank on purpose like the 76ers did for years. Next season Schlenk should definitely be trying harder in free agency instead of purposely signing bums just so we can lose and get this high draft pick.

See to me theres a difference in losing on purpose and just losing. Schlenk designed for this year to lose on purpose, ok I can take that for one year but losing on purpose again?!...I cant handle that. If these young players lose next season which to your point they probably will thats fine as long as we are seeing the effort and potential of a good team in the future.

10 minutes ago, JTB said:

as i have already stated:

You fail to realize its about what the new young core show in terms of potential for the future next season....its about them trying to win games  next season and not tank on purpose like the 76ers did for years. Next season Schlenk should definitely be trying harder in free agency instead of purposely signing bums just so we can lose and get this high draft pick.

See to me theres a difference in losing on purpose and just losing. Schlenk designed for this year to lose on purpose, ok I can take that for one year but losing on purpose again?!...I cant handle that. If these young players lose next season which to your point they probably will thats fine as long as we are seeing the effort and potential of a good team in the future.

You do realize that the team will lose next year (and the year after that) because they decided to lose on purpose this year right?

4 hours ago, Watchman said:

I disagree with a few things here, but I'll only comment on the players giving up part. Not sure where that comes from. We've played the current top 3 teams in the East and the 8-6 Pelicans in our last four games and we were very close to winning 3 of them. The team was definitely engaged last night. They were going wild with every Cavanaugh shot and Collins dunk. 

That could become a concern at some point, but I don't see any evidence that they've started to check out yet. Prince is the only guy who I currently worry about. Not about him giving up, but he seems to get frustrated a lot and then he'll follow it up with a bad decision. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, High5 said:

I disagree with a few things here, but I'll only comment on the players giving up part. Not sure where that comes from. We've played the current top 3 teams in the East and the 8-6 Pelicans in our last four games and we were very close to winning 3 of them. The team was definitely engaged last night. They were going wild with every Cavanaugh shot and Collins dunk. 

That could become a concern at some point, but I don't see any evidence that they've started to check out yet. Prince is the only guy who I currently worry about. Not about him giving up, but he seems to get frustrated a lot and then he'll follow it up with a bad decision. 

Just my opinion, but the team finding a way to lose almost every single close game means that, whether they realize it or not, they have given up.  You can count on bad decisions to blow any lead or momentum we get right out of the building.  Just like last night.

Just my opinion, but the team finding a way to lose almost every single close game means that, whether they realize it or not, they have given up.  You can count on bad decisions to blow any lead or momentum we get right out of the building.  Just like last night.

We'll be fine, we could easily make the playoffs with a couple roster moves, but there's no point. We need to suck it up for a year, get our pick right, and see where we stand afterwards. Most teams that decide to tank don't have a coach like Bud guiding the players.

3 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

We'll be fine, we could easily make the playoffs with a couple roster moves, but there's no point. We need to suck it up for a year, get our pick right, and see where we stand afterwards. Most teams that decide to tank don't have a coach like Bud guiding the players.

....and the Hawks won't have Bud after this season either.

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

....and the Hawks won't have Bud after this season either.

Give me next week's lottery numbers since you can see the future or give your sources out of the Atlanta Hawks Organization that say this and don't give me this statistical crap that you've been spewing for the last few months either about tanking teams. 

Show me the damn receipts!! :laugh:

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4