• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FINALLY. Bud says what some have been waiting to hear since June

sturt

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I still see a lot of stretching to try and justify blatant tanking.  

Was that a dodge?... hehe... I think I just saw KB dodge... not sure I've ever seen that before.

What's the bet, my friend?

How about full discretion of what appears as your avatar for the 2018-19 season? And don't doubt my creativity... :D

26 minutes ago, sturt said:

Was that a dodge?... hehe... I think I just saw KB dodge... not sure I've ever seen that before.

What's the bet, my friend?

How about full discretion of what appears as your avatar for the 2018-19 season? And don't doubt my creativity... :D

OK.  If Bud is our coach next year, then you can decide whatever is in my avatar.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I was too when we were middle of the pack. I'll rather be here at the bottom. To me, it's tank or contend and if you aren't contending, you are clearly on the road to contending. 

Well, were we truly in the middle during the Bud era?  We were always in the top 4 of the conference and once... best in conference.  That's not exactly middle.  Middle is like 7 or 8 seed  We were a mid to lower top tier team.   However, the two directions are these.

1. Lower top seed.... Chance at a top free agent.  NO chance at lotto pick.
  2. Lower bottom seed...... NO FA will look at us... Chance at a lotto pick.

So here's the deal.   IF you say that being on the Bottom is good.. You're fooling yourself.  You get no free agents and vets win championships.   Being on the bottom is even more dangerous than being lower top seed.  The reason being is that you lose your own free agents, then you build for nothing or you overpay for a guy like  Baze.

It's impossible to recreate what they have in GS or had in OKC...  And still in OKC, they were broke up because of FAcy.  The road that we're on is one where we lose our fanbase (which was almost nonexistent in the first place.  We lose the eye of any free agent.  We possibly become a seeding team.   Look at Utah and Hayward.  They did everything right.  They nurtured him, gave him everything he wanted and in the end, it was off to Boston. What happened next is just Karma.. but Utah got nothing for it.   Back to the middle they go. 

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Well, were we truly in the middle during the Bud era?  We were always in the top 4 of the conference and once... best in conference.  That's not exactly middle.  Middle is like 7 or 8 seed  We were a mid to lower top tier team.   However, the two directions are these.

1. Lower top seed.... Chance at a top free agent.  NO chance at lotto pick.
  2. Lower bottom seed...... NO FA will look at us... Chance at a lotto pick.

So here's the deal.   IF you say that being on the Bottom is good.. You're fooling yourself.  You get no free agents and vets win championships.   Being on the bottom is even more dangerous than being lower top seed.  The reason being is that you lose your own free agents, then you build for nothing or you overpay for a guy like  Baze.

It's impossible to recreate what they have in GS or had in OKC...  And still in OKC, they were broke up because of FAcy.  The road that we're on is one where we lose our fanbase (which was almost nonexistent in the first place.  We lose the eye of any free agent.  We possibly become a seeding team.   Look at Utah and Hayward.  They did everything right.  They nurtured him, gave him everything he wanted and in the end, it was off to Boston. What happened next is just Karma.. but Utah got nothing for it.   Back to the middle they go. 

We will do it our own way. Nothing is wrong with that

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Didn't you know that 19 year old kids are finished products and absolutely can't get better over the next several years?

Of course, I know. KB thinks these kids suck period. I know they have to develop, he thinks they aren't good in general outside of his beloved Doncic. Please read his posts again. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Of course, I know. KB thinks these kids suck period. I know they have to develop, he thinks they aren't good in general outside of his beloved Doncic. Please read his posts again. 

lol dude I was being sarcastic...I'm more than sick and tired of reading Hots I mean KB many, many posts about how all kids are terrible and rebuilding is terrible.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We will do it our own way. Nothing is wrong with that

Everything may be wrong with that. 

Giannis Adetokoubo was a 15 pick.    Gobert was 27.    The top three picks of that draft were :  Anthony, Oladipo, and Porter.

The next year 2014 had Wiggins, Parker, and Embiid as top three.. Whereas Clarkson (47)  Jokic (41) may be better.

2012:  Davis, Gilkrist, and Beal = Top three.     Whereas  Lillard (6), Crowder (34),  Green (35),  & Middleton (39) may be better. 

Never let me say that taking the top pick is death.  Usually, good thing happen in the top 3... but MKG???

Point is that the draft is a crap shoot.  Marvin Williams anybody?    You say nothing is wrong with that...  You haven't been a Hawks fan long enough...  Acie Law??  DeMarr Johnson??

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Just because we had idiot GMs drafting in the past doesn't mean it will repeat itself. I know I've said this, like, at least two dozen times by now on various threads. Our CURRENT gm has one draft under his belt and he's already picked a gem in Collins.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Just because we had idiot GMs drafting in the past doesn't mean it will repeat itself. I know I've said this, like, at least two dozen times by now on various threads. Our CURRENT gm has one draft under his belt and he's already picked a gem in Collins.

You probably have said the same about every GM after Babcock.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You probably have said the same about every GM after Babcock.

Yes, that's why I was openly campaigning for BK to draft Deron Williams. Or the first one to call Sheldon "Shellhead" and say well in advance he had NBA bust written all over him. Or the one that called Marvin "Superbust" because of how awful he was for us.

I have been pretty fair to criticizing the GMs for what they do. I'm not some blind homer thinking every guy we pick is the next WWE er NBA superstar.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Didn't you know that 19 year old kids are finished products and absolutely can't get better over the next several years?

Several years being the operative term, and that's on the few that are actually good.  

vor 44 Minuten, Diesel sagte:

Everything may be wrong with that. 

Giannis Adetokoubo was a 15 pick.    Gobert was 27.    The top three picks of that draft were :  Anthony, Oladipo, and Porter.

The next year 2014 had Wiggins, Parker, and Embiid as top three.. Whereas Clarkson (47)  Jokic (41) may be better.

2012:  Davis, Gilkrist, and Beal = Top three.     Whereas  Lillard (6), Crowder (34),  Green (35),  & Middleton (39) may be better. 

Never let me say that taking the top pick is death.  Usually, good thing happen in the top 3... but MKG???

Point is that the draft is a crap shoot.  Marvin Williams anybody?    You say nothing is wrong with that...  You haven't been a Hawks fan long enough...  Acie Law??  DeMarr Johnson??

:Nique:  :"took it right outta my mouth!"

Edited by StephenHawking
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, KB21 said:

There's nothing to be positive about at the moment.  The powers that be have officially come out and admitted that they are tanking.  That alone means nothing positive comes from this season.

And Travis is bragging about the 5 picks, but its not like they are high 1st round picks.   Several have us old timers have been around for years and this is not going to be pretty, the Hawks will not be competitive for at least 5 years.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

And Travis is bragging about the 5 picks, but its not like they are high 1st round picks.   Several have us old timers have been around for years and this is not going to be pretty, the Hawks will not be competitive for at least 5 years.  

Travis even slipped that he hopes to get 4 of the 5 picks right.  So, he's bragging about having these picks, and he admits that he may not get all of them right.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sturt said:

What have I got to lose?

(Literally.)

OK.  If you lose, I get to create a signature for you.

Honestly, I hope you change my avatar, because Bud is the best thing this franchise has going for it right now, and they are going to screw that up with their decision to tank the roster out for a high draft pick.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

OK.  If you lose, I get to create a signature for you.

Honestly, I hope you change my avatar, because Bud is the best thing this franchise has going for it right now, and they are going to screw that up with their decision to tank the roster out for a high draft pick.

I wouldn't go that far...Nique is a little bit more significant than Bud.  There won't be any statues of Bud in front of a Hawk arena anytime soon.