• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan on Collins

aali34

• Moderators
10 hours ago, pimp said:

I think Collins would be above Tatum if they played the same amount of minutes.

Per 36

Tatum 16.7 pts - 7.0 rebs - 1bk - 1.7 ast - 48.1 fg%

Collins 18.4 pts - 11.7 rebs- 1.5bk - 1.2 ast

58.8 fg%

And if Tatum wasn't in the ESPN/sports media center of the universe in Boston.

• Like 1

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Packfill said:

In fairness, Tatum is playing for a team winning basketball games - much harder to put up counting stats when your team is playing for something.

I've just seen it long enough to know the Boston media will fixate on a young talent in the Boston market way more than an Atlanta player under otherwise similar circumstances.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AHF said:

I've just seen it long enough to know the Boston media will fixate on a young talent in the Boston market way more than an Atlanta player under otherwise similar circumstances.  

True but losing games is not the type of news that gets a lot of hype for your players. Even with that, he is getting mentions. Tatum and the 1st place Celtics though are making the highlights every night.

30 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Tatum is putting up those numbers with more talent around him while Collins is doing it on a team where the talent is lacking ... not to take anything away from Collins but Tatum is legitimately having a better rookie season.

Collins looks like a 8-10 pick in his first season.  Tatum looks like the same pick but in year 2.  His numbers are stupid.

Playing alongside Kyrie and Horford is a dream for anyone who can hit a 3. The majority of Tatum's time on offense is spent hanging out in a corner waiting to take his wide open shot. He also gets plenty of clear lanes to drive through as we saw the other night. I don't think it's fair to say he's being held back by the talent on his team. At the same time, it's not like Collins is using his last place team to throw up a bunch of inefficient shots to pad his PPG. He's working hard for the shots he gets and hitting nearly 60% of them. 

Don't get me wrong, Tatum deserves a lot of credit for being as reliable as he's been as a 19 year old. I just strongly disagree that he would improve his stock at all playing on a worse team. Or that Collins would be held back if the roles were reversed. Him cleaning up the glass in Boston would be a nightmare. 

• Like 1