• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we long enough at SF?

JTB

1 hour ago, High5 said:

Maybe it's time to move on from contacts to eyeglasses. If you think LeBron has ever approached 295 then you must think Dennis runs about 240. I think LeBron's weight has always been exaggerated and even then most people had him 265-275 at this heaviest in Miami. In reality he was probably closer to 260 and now he's under 250. 

Do you realize how much bulk James has. He was 245 in this pic: 

f4a91301-785b-e211-9349-002655e6c126_ori

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

He doesn't look roided up in any of these pics. 

Hard to say.  Some guys use roids to jack up like Mark McGwire or Barry Bonds level tanks but others use it more for extra training and faster recovery which doesn't leave them looking like a body builder.  Remember, Bartolo Colon got suspended 50 days for steriods.

40 minutes ago, AHF said:

Hard to say.  Some guys use roids to jack up like Mark McGwire or Barry Bonds level tanks but others use it more for extra training and faster recovery which doesn't leave them looking like a body builder.  Remember, Bartolo Colon got suspended 50 days for steriods.

Couldn't this be said about any athlete 

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Couldn't this be said about any athlete 

A hell of a lot of them use performance enhancers so I'd say it isn't just the obvious ones who can be suspect.  Miami being a ground central for performance enhances doesn't help.  But ultimately none of us know.

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Yes.  Which makes accusing LeBron alone comical. 

Not sure if anyone was saying LeBron alone uses them but that would be comical.  We know a lot more than just one guy is using them especially given the lax testing policies employed by the NBA.

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Yes.  Which makes accusing LeBron alone comical. 

Comical?  Possible!!

very Possible!

NBA and Bosch.

You ever think about why Lebron stops in the middle of the season and goes to Miami to rest??

I want you to think about it for a second.   IF the NBA came across information that linked, Lebron, Jordan, and Kobe to steroid use, do you think that they would be willing to go through what baseball went through??  Next time you see a 270 lbs 30 something year old man flying up and down the court and never gets injuries... think about the ability to recover that Steroids give.   Think about if the NBA did find out, they probably wouldn't do anything...  

21 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Comical?  Possible!!

very Possible!

NBA and Bosch.

You ever think about why Lebron stops in the middle of the season and goes to Miami to rest??

I want you to think about it for a second.   IF the NBA came across information that linked, Lebron, Jordan, and Kobe to steroid use, do you think that they would be willing to go through what baseball went through??  Next time you see a 270 lbs 30 something year old man flying up and down the court and never gets injuries... think about the ability to recover that Steroids give.   Think about if the NBA did find out, they probably wouldn't do anything...  

Can we note hijack this thread and create another thread in the other forums for this discussion? 

On 12/4/2017 at 10:33 PM, NBASupes said:

He weighed as much as 295 from people within league circles when I asked about Miami. He's now a lean 270. You got to remember, look how skinny LeBron looked at 245. He has a bulky frame. 

People don't realize it but John Wall has weighed around 235 for most of his career and is that athletic is insane. 

I really doubt he was ever that close to 300, he would have looked really fat. But weight is overrated, its about body fat percentage and frame proportionality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Not sure if anyone was saying LeBron alone uses them but that would be comical.  We know a lot more than just one guy is using them especially given the lax testing policies employed by the NBA.

Do I really need to point you to the conspiracy theorist that's always quick to espouse their opinion backed by such noted sources as the Larry the Cable Guy of sports "insiders" anytime a discussion about how big a guy who weighed 245lbs in high school is brought up?  

As you said, anyone could be on steroids yet the focus is always on LeBron "because he's good and he's big".  I could make a better argument for Reggie Miller being on roids, heck I could do a conspiracy dissertation on the Utah Jazz as an entire organization that steered their players into doping programs for the past 30 years but what's the point?  Every discussion that involves LeBron doesn't need to devolve into claims that he's doping.  It really is uninformed low hanging fruit. 

Yea, while I do like Prince I have been wondering if we couldn't use a slight upgrade at that position in terms of height and athletacism.

I think we really need more height at SG.  Most of the contenders have SGs at 6-6 to 6-7.  Ours are 6-5 at best.

We're also a little short at PG but I'm not as worried about lenght at that position.

I guess the Hawks teams recently have always been a little undersized.  Might as well get some length while we are rebuilding.

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

I could make a better argument for Reggie Miller being on roids

You really can't.  I buy into the notion that there isn't more than smoke with LeBron right now but there is smoke beyond simple hate-spiracy tin foil hat stuff.

34 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

Yea, while I do like Prince I have been wondering if we couldn't use a slight upgrade at that position in terms of height and athletacism.

I think we really need more height at SG.  Most of the contenders have SGs at 6-6 to 6-7.  Ours are 6-5 at best.

We're also a little short at PG but I'm not as worried about lenght at that position.

I guess the Hawks teams recently have always been a little undersized.  Might as well get some length while we are rebuilding.

I don't think it is size (particularly given that both have long wingspans relative to their height) that is holding back either Prince or Bazemore . . .

The Hawks need someone other than Dennis who can create shots efficiently plus they need a defensive anchor.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

You really can't.  I buy into the notion that there isn't more than smoke with LeBron right now but there is smoke beyond simple hate-spiracy tin foil hat stuff.

You're saying that I really couldn't make a case that a lithe 6'7" 190lb guy, who played nearly 20 seasons plus another 15 postseasons through two of the NBA's most physical eras without ever suffering a significant injury, in a city that saw half of the Colts defense get NFL suspensions, and now leisurely competes in both running and cycling in his 50s never used PEDs?  I don't know, sounds about as a compelling as the "smoke" against LeBron.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, MaceCase said:

You're saying that I really couldn't make a case that a lithe 6'7" 190lb guy, who played nearly 20 seasons plus another 15 postseasons through two of the NBA's most physical eras without ever suffering a significant injury, in a city that saw half of the Colts defense get NFL suspensions, and now leisurely competes in both running and cycling in his 50s never used PEDs?  I don't know, sounds about as a compelling as the "smoke" against LeBron.

Diesel's links above alone are way more of a red flag than anything with Reggie Miller so whether you can make a case or not, it won't be as compelling as one for LeBron when he has been the subject of specific sketchy reports and open media speculation.

50 minutes ago, AHF said:

Diesel's links above alone are way more of a red flag than anything with Reggie Miller so whether you can make a case or not, it won't be as compelling as one for LeBron when he has been the subject of specific sketchy reports and open media speculation.

One could easily point to the different standards of "reporting" in the social media era as compared to the past or the ease of proliferation but to each their own.  I suppose by those same standards we all owe @NBASupes an apology when it comes to his own reported sources.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, MaceCase said:

As you said, anyone could be on steroids yet the focus is always on LeBron "because he's good and he's big".  I could make a better argument for Reggie Miller being on roids, heck I could do a conspiracy dissertation on the Utah Jazz as an entire organization that steered their players into doping programs for the past 30 years but what's the point?  Every discussion that involves LeBron doesn't need to devolve into claims that he's doping.  It really is uninformed low hanging fruit. 

• His agent Rich Paul has been linked to Biogenesis. 
  • His early hair loss is a sign. 
  • His Jaw tumor is a sign. 
  • The fact that he never gets injured is a sign. 
  • Size and Speed is a sign. 

You can continue to ignore the signs.