• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we long enough at SF?

JTB

So the other night against the Cavs , I’m looking at prince and Lebron (not in person but on the tv) standing next to each other and the Cavs announcers are saying throughout the whole game “Lebron is 6’9....Lebron is 6’9.....Lebron is 6’9”....blah blah blah so now they they have this in my head while I’m watching and I’m really focusing on the height difference between prince and Lebron. 

So personally I always thought Lebron was 6’8 but whatever my concern regarding this post is princes height.

Prince our future SF looks awfully a hell of a lot shorter next to Lebron! Now I know Lebron is more muscular but I didn’t think he had this much of a height advantage on prince and if he has this advantage then many of the top SFs has this height advantage over Prince.

So I’m wondering if prince is a legit 6’8 or legit SF in terms of length?

1 hour ago, JTB said:

So I’m wondering if prince is a legit 6’8 or legit SF in terms of length?

He is a legit 6’8, with a legit 7’0 wingspan. Perfect SF size.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, hazer said:

He is a legit 6’8, with a legit 7’0 wingspan. Perfect SF size.

Gotcha ...just didn’t seem like that when he was standing by Lebron but maybe he was slouching or maybe Lebron is taller and longer than I thought and I’ve been overlooking it all these years 

LeBron is 6'8 but he's extremely strong, quick, skilled, great passer, great finisher, became a great shooter, just overwhelmingly better than Prince, on top of that, he's a lockdown defender when motivated. When it comes to James, no one really can guard him. The best bet is to have a two-way wing who's elite like Leonard to make it hard for James and make him have to work on both sides of the court. 

Players like LeBron are ATG's. LeBron might be the best of them as well. So, there isn't much Prince can do. He's just not that gifted. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 4

Think that the thirty plus pounds difference of athletic muscle helps make it almost seem like an optical illusion. David and Goliath style. LeBron makes other SF players seem either smaller, slower, weaker or all three together on a daily basis. The guy will be 33 in a couple of weeks but its pretty much more of the same thing. 

Prince has a great frame for a 3.  He looks similar to Jimmy Butler, widely considered as one of the best conditioned athletes in the league. 

When I saw Lebron in person (3rd year with the Heat I believe) I was taken aback at how regular he looked.  He’s not very bulky at all, I think he was considerably heavier years before.  I’ve seen dude’s “official” weight fluctuate from 245-270 so who knows.  I’m thinking his wingspan isn’t that impressive either or he’d be a more dominant rebounder, stealer (is that a word?), and shot blocker throughout his career instead of spurts when he feels like it.  Thabo’s length was ideal.  Baze is pretty long but nowhere near strong enough hence the issues we’ve seen in him trying to check True 3s.

Something about Prince’s game is off to me.  It’s like he doesn’t get fully engaged in all the facets of the game he can affect unless he hits a couple early threes.  It’s a whole nother level of defense he can reach with his athleticism.

Edited by benhillboy

5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Prince has a great frame for a 3.  He looks similar to Jimmy Butler, widely considered as one of the best conditioned athletes in the league. 

When I saw Lebron in person (3rd year with the Heat I believe) I was taken aback at how regular he looked.  He’s not very bulky at all, I think he was considerably heavier years before.  I’ve seen dude’s “official” weight fluctuate from 245-270 so who knows.  I’m thinking his wingspan isn’t that impressive either or he’d be a more dominant rebounder, stealer (is that a word?), and shot blocker throughout his career instead of spurts when he feels like it.  Thabo’s length was ideal.  Baze is pretty long but nowhere near strong enough hence the issues we’ve seen in him trying to check True 3s.

Something about Prince’s game is off to me.  It’s like he doesn’t get fully engaged in all the facets of the game he can affect unless he hits a couple early threes.  It’s a whole nother level of defense he can reach with his athleticism.

He weighed as much as 295 from people within league circles when I asked about Miami. He's now a lean 270. You got to remember, look how skinny LeBron looked at 245. He has a bulky frame. 

People don't realize it but John Wall has weighed around 235 for most of his career and is that athletic is insane. 

Edited by NBASupes

18 hours ago, MaceCase said:

Prince was measured at 6'6.5" barefoot at age 22.

LeBron was measured at 6'7.25" barefoot at age 18.

It's safe to say that LeBron did more growing from his teens to his 30s than Prince did from 22 to 23.

Somebody get them some shoes.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He weighed as much as 295 from people within league circles when I asked about Miami. He's now a lean 270. You got to remember, look how skinny LeBron looked at 245. He has a bulky frame. 

People don't realize it but John Wall has weighed around 235 for most of his career and is that athletic is insane. 

I  don’t if I can believe Wall was 235 at any point in his career but I could be wrong....it’s just one of those you have to prove that to me because 235 at point guard is insane 

40 minutes ago, JTB said:

I  don’t if I can believe Wall was 235 at any point in his career but I could be wrong....it’s just one of those you have to prove that to me because 235 at point guard is insane 

I have that type of frame/build. I'm 230 (at only 5'10") but you wouldn't guess I weighed more than 190. My kids were the same way when they were toddlers: pick up my kid in one arm and their identically-sized friend in the other and mine felt twice as heavy. Must be all that grey matter :bb:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know where you get your numbers, but I'm pretty sure they're all wrong. 

35 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

John said so much himself when talking about Zion Williamson on youtube recently. LeBron info, I got contacts. 

Maybe it's time to move on from contacts to eyeglasses. If you think LeBron has ever approached 295 then you must think Dennis runs about 240. I think LeBron's weight has always been exaggerated and even then most people had him 265-275 at this heaviest in Miami. In reality he was probably closer to 260 and now he's under 250.