• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is out of the blue but ....

JTB

If it were possible and i had a chance to be in Schlenk shoes... I’d trade for Bradley Beal in a similar style trade as the Hawks/Suns trade involving Boris Diaw plus draft picks for Joe Johnson in 2005.

now I wouldn’t trade my number one top lottery pick of course but I would package either Dennis plus 2 late first round picks or Prince plus 2 late first round picks for Beal.

whats in it for the Wizards doing such a thing?

honestly I think the wizards are in a hole they won’t be able to escape unless they trade Beal, Otto, or wall ...and we all know they aren’t going to trade wall and no one is going to take on otto porters contract therefore Beal is the odd man out. I just don’t believe the wizards have what it takes to take that next step with this roster with all of their cap tied into those 3 players and taking one of these guys to help free up some cap space for them will allow them to rebuild around their franchise star John Wall.

why would they take on Dennis contract?

well they probably won’t so this is the least likely thing to happen but it could if they really want those first rd draft picks.

hawks would look something like this:

pg - dennis

sg - beal

sf - top draft pick or free agency 

pf - top draft pick or free agency or Collins 

c -  top draft pick or free agency or Collins 

OR.....

pg - top draft pick or free agency 

sg - Beal 

sf - Prince

pf - top draft pick or free agency or Collins 

c- top draft pick or free agency or Collins 

the way I look at it is we’re acquiring an all star talent Sg whos 24 in Beal and more than likely we are going to get a top 3 pick to pair with Beal either prince or Dennis and Collins.

Beal is a comparable player to Dennis so at 10 million more a year I wouldn’t even  entertain that swap.  If the Wiz were insane enough to bite at that Prince and lower picks package it would change the course of the franchise.  Doubt that one.

I don’t like Beal’s falling three point shooting, surprisingly low FT %, average passing, and poor rebounding for his size.  He’s also brittle and while very good, an inconsistent defender.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Why are Hawks fans constantly trying to get rid of Dennis??? And why are they constantly trying to give away draft pick?  Trading away Dennis and 2 first round picks for a non all star shows how much fans under appreciates Dennis Schröder!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Why are Hawks fans constantly trying to get rid of Dennis??? And why are they constantly trying to give away draft pick?  Trading away Dennis and 2 first round picks for a non all star shows how much fans under appreciates Dennis Schröder!

Lol I don’t under appreciate Dennis by any means. Beal is a better scorer than Dennis though so I see it as a win win for the hawks either way and Beal is getting snubbed on the all star appearances  especially last season when he was shooting lights out .

2 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

If we can get Beal without giving up anything significant I'd do it, but I don't think the Wizards will go for that.

Of course but you have to give something of significance up to get something back that’s of any significance 

3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Beal is a comparable player to Dennis so at 10 million more a year I wouldn’t even  entertain that swap.  If the Wiz were insane enough to bite at that Prince and lower picks package it would change the course of the franchise.  Doubt that one.

I don’t like Beal’s falling three point shooting, surprisingly low FT %, average passing, and poor rebounding for his size.  He’s also brittle and while very good, an inconsistent defender.

Those are actually all good points. The only argue I can make is his 3pt shooting. Normally Beal shoots at least 38% from the field so though Dennis and Beal are comparable I will say Beal has Dennis beat as far 3’s go but we can definitely give the playmaking ability to Dennis over Beal. Beal is a more traditional shooting guard and he hasn’t really displayed a ton of play making ability as it seems to be that his only job is to drop buckets next to wall.

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Those are the only trade assets we have.  If you propose a trade for anything decent it has to include Dennis or picks.

30 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

Baze, Prince, 2019 Hawks First round pick lottery protected. They'll not accept those 24-30 picks and the Hawks have sufficient quality picks in 2018 to give up their First the year after.

They won't accept this for Beal nor should they. Beal is a top tier SG. 

Lol I don’t under appreciate Dennis by any means. Beal is a better scorer than Dennis though so I see it as a win win for the hawks either way and Beal is getting snubbed on the all star appearances  especially last season when he was shooting lights out .

My only problem with trading multiple contributors is that I see us in the playoffs next season. Although Beal is better than Baze and Prince, he's only one player, and I'm not sure who's available in free agency at SF we can replace Prince with. This draft isn't particularly special at wing besides the Bridges who should go middle-late lottery or my personal favorite Bonga who is a couple seasons away probably.