• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

capstone21

Minnesota does have the tiebreakers in their favor. They win the head-to-head if they win the last game and they can also still get in on conference W/L even if Denver wins the last game. Denver would have to lose to Portland in that scenario. 

• Like 1

It's hard to imagine that Minnesota, with all those #1 picks and the great Andrew Wiggins, cannot beat the Denver Nuggets with the lowly Paul Millsap.  I keep getting told that getting the #1 pick and getting a solid player with that pick guarantees you success.  Are we about to see year 14 of the lottery treadmill for the Minnesota Timberwolves, further proving how difficult it is to get off that treadmill even if you land a talent like Karl-Anthony Towns?

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It's hard to imagine that Minnesota, with all those #1 picks and the great Andrew Wiggins, cannot beat the Denver Nuggets with the lowly Paul Millsap.  I keep getting told that getting the #1 pick and getting a solid player with that pick guarantees you success.  Are we about to see year 14 of the lottery treadmill for the Minnesota Timberwolves, further proving how difficult it is to get off that treadmill even if you land a talent like Karl-Anthony Towns?

Do you ever stop?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If Butler hadn't gotten injured they would be the 3 seed Einstein. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JSmooooove said:

If Butler hadn't gotten injured they would be the 3 seed Einstein. 

Wait.  So, Jimmy Butler, who was drafted with the 30th pick in the draft, is more important to them than their two #1 picks on the roster?  How can that be?

I can just as easily say that Denver would be the #3 seed if Paul Millsap hadn't gotten injured.  The same Paul Millsap who was drafted with the 47th pick in the draft only to become one of the two best power forwards in the game along with Draymond Green (35th pick) during his time with Atlanta.  And I would still take those two players over any other power forward in the NBA today.

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Wait.  So, Jimmy Butler, who was drafted with the 30th pick in the draft, is more important to them than their two #1 picks on the roster?  How can that be?

I can just as easily say that Denver would be the #3 seed if Paul Millsap hadn't gotten injured.  The same Paul Millsap who was drafted with the 47th pick in the draft only to become one of the two best power forwards in the game along with Draymond Green (35th pick) during his time with Atlanta.  And I would still take those two players over any other power forward in the NBA today.

Do you know how they acquired the All Star Jimmy Butler? 3 Lottery picks.

Millsap's line last night? 3/12 FGA (25%) 0/3 3PT (0%) 12 pts 7 rbs 2 TO 1 ast. 

If anything he is the reason the T'Wolves were even in the game last night without their All star. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JSmooooove said:

Do you know how they acquired the All Star Jimmy Butler? 3 Lottery picks.

Millsap's line last night? 3/12 FGA (25%) 0/3 3PT (0%) 12 pts 7 rbs 2 TO 1 ast. 

If anything he is the reason the T'Wolves were even in the game last night without their All star. 

Like I said in the other thread.  Maybe after 13 years in the lottery we will be in a position to cling to the 8th seed like Minnesota.