• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Playoffs talk

Alex

Golden State spanked San Antonio with ease.  Not a surprise.  Toronto and Washington was exciting for a bit.  The Wizards can ball as we witnessed last year.    The Raptors are a different team and that bench is great.  I can see Washington pushing this series to six games though.  Philly destroyed Miami.  Didn’t watch much of that.  AD and the Pelicans upset the Blazers in Portland.  Didn’t see any of this game.

• Like 1

More exciting this year since the same ole tired Warriors/Cavs isn't a given. Who's everyone's personal favorite they're pulling for? Hard to do, but I'm most excited to see how far the 6'ers can go. 

You don’t like basketball if you aren’t intrigued by the Sixers.  

Jrue and Playoff Rondo looked pretty damn sturdy last night but consistency has always been suspect with them.  The advantage is there though because they can excel defensively while Lilliard and McCollum can’t and won’t.  

Anthony Davis could pout and bitch to the media about how he gets forgotten as a True Great down in N.O. sometimes and no one would blame him.  To his credit he just goes out and reminds us on the floor.  It seems easier to fit Mirotic into a scheme with Davis than Boogie.  Nikola is low-maintenance, has surprised with his intangibles, and been on fire from three all season.

Edited by benhillboy

Wild ending in Boston to close regulation. Only to see Milwaukee collapse in OT.  Pacers pounding Cleveland early on.  

My personal rooting interests lie with Milwaukee.  Love watching Giannis and hope he stays with them for awhile.  The Sixers are fun to watch as well.  I would like to see Milwaukee/Minnesota in the NBA finals.  

What I think will happen is Cleveland and Houston meet and the Rockets ultimately prevail.  The Warriors are vulnerable and not healthy.  

Lance Stephenson never change!!!!

1 hour ago, Alex said:

My personal rooting interests lie with Milwaukee.  Love watching Giannis and hope he stays with them for awhile.  The Sixers are fun to watch as well.  I would like to see Milwaukee/Minnesota in the NBA finals.  

What I think will happen is Cleveland and Houston meet and the Rockets ultimately prevail.  The Warriors are vulnerable and not healthy.  

Lance Stephenson never change!!!!

LOL, you must didn't watch the games yesterday.  Golden State's defense was magnificent.  I think it'll be Golden State and 76ers or Toronto.

Cleveland is going to struggle.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2018 at 5:07 PM, marco102 said:

LOL, you must didn't watch the games yesterday.  Golden State's defense was magnificent.  I think it'll be Golden State and 76ers or Toronto.

Cleveland is going to struggle.

The entire eastern conference is ripe for the taking for Cleveland...again.  Boston is a joke without Kyrie.  Toronto is struggling mightily with Washington.  The Sixers are most likely the only hope to keep Cleveland out of the finals.  

2 hours ago, Alex said:

The entire eastern conference is ripe for the taking for Cleveland...again.  Boston is a joke without Kyrie.  Toronto is struggling mightily with Washington.  The Sixers are most likely the only hope to keep Cleveland out of the finals.  

I think this year will be the hardest for LeBron. Not saying he won't make it, but it will be a struggle for him.  I just see GS being way better than everyone else in the end though.

• Like 1

The 76ers need a serious upgrade @ the 3.  Robert Covington is a Joke.  He can't make 3's and his defense has gone South. To think some on here wanted this guy back in the past.

• Moderators

tms-statlerwaldorf-balconybox_blog.jpg

Don't wanna get used to it for decades on end, but I sure have been loving this Hawks-less playoff period!

During the near-decade before the Hawks' playoff run started, I would get into full Statler and Waldorf mode this time of year, cuttin' up on the shortcomings of the other NBA teams (except the Sixers, who used to be my main team. Ick!). I almost forgot how routine that used to be.

Especially enjoyed our Southeast Division brethren in the first round. Our whole division might get relegated for 2018-19!

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

The 76ers need a serious upgrade @ the 3.  Robert Covington is a Joke.  He can't make 3's and his defense has gone South. To think some on here wanted this guy back in the past.

I'm among the Some on Here, all-in on Team RoCo! He's held up just fine during the regular season, especially early on. But having to cover the wing for Belinelli and/or Redick (so Simmons/Embiid won't have to), in addition to his own man, is clearly taking its toll. If it's bad for Covington in Game 1, just imagine when Jaylen Brown gets back in the mix, too! And if the jumper's reverted to 2016-17 levels, it's a wrap.

~lw3

I’ll give Stevens the nod as the best coach in the league.  He targeted Bellinelli and Redick off the ball all night and today is the first time I’ve heard of anyone attacking Simmons’ defensive foot speed. 

I know Rozier is a 16th pick but no one in their wildest dreams thought he be playing this well.  Baynes and Smart starting sound like a clear tank job.  All he has is Al who has proven to be one of the best intangible and glue Bigs of his generation and Tatum has been personally sent from the Basketball Gods.

Edited by benhillboy

Raptors gonna raptor.  Pretty solid choke job.  Think they shot something like 1-16 to end the 4th quarter.  I didn’t think they would win the series, but being up double digits multiple times and collapsing the way they did spells disaster for them.  Their only chance was to win this game.  A sweep is a real possibility.  What a joke the eastern conference is.  

• Moderators

Stunningly bad non-TO by Brown in the last 5 minutes of the first half of the Philly/Boston game.  Philly got offkilter and would not call time out to set their defense or run a play to get a better shot than a contested long jumper.  Brown might be a moron.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AHF said:

Stunningly bad non-TO by Brown in the last 5 minutes of the first half of the Philly/Boston game.  Philly got offkilter and would not call time out to set their defense or run a play to get a better shot than a contested long jumper.  Brown might be a moron.

No one can make me believe he’s a quality coach.  He’s been making a living off being Pop’s friend way too long.  I saw what type of coach he was when they were tanking.  He shouldn’t be on the same floor as Stevens in terms of adjustments.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Pelicans spanking the Warriors tonight.  Shooting it extremely well from distance.