• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I will never embrace any situation where the intent is to lose.

I'm still a fan because I will never be confused with a fair weather fan, but I also will not withhold warranted criticism when I feel it is necessary.  I stick with my teams through thick and think.  I've stuck with the Braves during their rebuild.  I've stuck with the Dolphins in their perpetual rebuild.

And I forgot we're dolphin fans too (Falcons first though). Oh well, I've been an ATLien my whole life and the suffering stinks  but I called the Falcons turnaround, the Braves rebuild and now this.  I have no choice but to remain loyal to my teams. I do feel that you've not given Schlenk a chance to alter this team other than to rid of it  players who wouldn't have gotten us any closer to a championship.  Oh well.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CBAreject said:

Who should we root for in the Suns-Magic game tonight?  I’d say Magic because I don’t think we will catch the Suns either way.  

Suns IMO. The Magic have a tough tank schedule coming up so they'll hopefully pull one out soon.

21 minutes ago, Guard said:

It still blows my mind that Philly is going to add another lottery talent to the best young core in the NBA. I don’t think even Bryan Colangelo can mess this up and he’s terrible. 

Theyll probably take Bridges from Villanova. He wont have to travel far. lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DBac said:

Philly is the light at the end of the tunnel. Man they have arrived.

2 hours ago, Guard said:

It still blows my mind that Philly is going to add another lottery talent to the best young core in the NBA. I don’t think even Bryan Colangelo can mess this up and he’s terrible. 

Don’t tell KB.  He is choking on his own bile, screaming hysterically to all that will listen that Philly is proof positive that “tanking doesn’t work”

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CBAreject said:

Don’t tell KB.  He is choking on his own bile, screaming hysterically to all that will listen that Philly is proof positive that “tanking doesn’t work”

If working for you is taking 5-6 years just to become a low level playoff team, then Philly is your model.

• Moderators

Philly looks set up extremely well for the future if Fultz returns to form.  Strange, strange rookie season for him but he looked pretty good yesterday despite the obvious rust.

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If working for you is taking 5-6 years just to become a low level playoff team, then Philly is your model.

I think KB just hated seeing this happen:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CBAreject said:

Tanking works when you draft the right players. It’s simply hard not to win when you have several high end talents on the same team. We’ve seen meh coaches like Scott Brooks and Mark Jackson take good young teams deep into the playoffs.

Tanking isn’t a cureall but the teams that know what they’re doing usually nail their picks. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

@High5 is right on the timing.  Philly was in the second round of the playoffs 6 years ago.  They returned the same core of that playoff team and missed the playoffs 5 years ago.  4 years ago they tore down and started building through the draft.  They are currently on pace for 48.3 wins with tons of cap space and more picks coming as JJ Redick is their only FA spend so far (and he is on a one year deal).

• Like 1